Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJ Styles leaving TNA

Started by Nipsey Mussle, December 09, 2013, 01:09:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

It's being reported that AJ Styles is now actually leaving TNA.

His contract does not expire until Dec 16th but the two can't come to terms. Tna is wanting him to take less money.

I doubt he'll go to WWE, but I'd like to see what they could do with him and how they could improve his persona. Every angle I've seen with him (Dixie/the lady who claimed she was pregnant  :puke:/EGO, etc) have all been duds. AJ is incredible in the ring, I'd like to see him at WM30!

Richard_white

He already lost his title. Once he dropped the belt I had a feeling it was over. I would love to see him in RoH.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Richard_white on December 09, 2013, 04:48:11 am
He already lost his title. Once he dropped the belt I had a feeling it was over. I would love to see him in RoH.
I believe ROH would get great use out of AJ. At this point, I truly believe he's either playing hardball with Tna or he is WWE bound. While Tna may have offered less than his previous contract, it's still likely more than he could make elsewhere (aside from WWE).

Eddie Goodson

The WWE won't have him. That is the reason TNA has been able to negotiate from the position of him taking less money. His choices now are ROH, the Indy circuit, go overseas, or go get a job. No way TNA would have pressured him to take a cut if there was an option out there for him to take more money AND remain in America.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

True. I would like to see WWE give him a shot though. I like the guy.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 09, 2013, 06:12:33 am
The WWE won't have him. That is the reason TNA has been able to negotiate from the position of him taking less money. His choices now are ROH, the Indy circuit, go overseas, or go get a job. No way TNA would have pressured him to take a cut if there was an option out there for him to take more money AND remain in America.
Is there any reason wwe won't have him? He's definitely good enough in the ring for WWE to take a chance on him. However, there must be outside the ring stuff that's keeping him out of WWE?
Where have you seen that wwe wouldn't want him? If you're just basing that on the fact that of Tna low balling him (not saying that you are), then I'm not sure. I could see a guy like AJ preferring Tna to Wwe because A) he's the #1 guy in Tna, and B) the travel schedule.

Eddie Goodson

WWE has made it clear they don't want anyone else's cast offs. They are now only interested in talent they develop themselves. The only exceptions would be returning former stars of the WWE like RVD just did for a limited time or like Hogan is about to do for WM.

I think if the whole truth were known, the WWE has probably tried to get Styles in the past and he rebuffed them. Now they won't even consider him. I hav e nothing to go on on that other than just my opinion, but it seems logical and is how vindictive the McMahons can be.

And I have read that WWE says they are not interested in anyone on the TNA roster. This was back when Matt Morgan left TNA. Morgan could have been a star if he could ever have learned how to use a mic.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Richard_white

Sting is someone WWE was and still trying to get.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on December 13, 2013, 04:52:20 pm
Sting is someone WWE was and still trying to get.
Yes. He would be the exception to the rule. He will end up on a legends contract eventually.

hawgs34

I think Styles will be back in TNA.  Still not convinced this isn't some type of work. 

BigSexyHog

Quote from: hawgs34 on December 30, 2013, 02:17:43 pm
I think Styles will be back in TNA.  Still not convinced this isn't some type of work. 

It's always a work with wrestling... Can't make me believe otherwise.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room