Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tough loss ... but at least you scored :)

Started by vandybuff, September 23, 2017, 05:48:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vandybuff

Vandy down 59 - 0 with 3 minutes left ---- I think it is too late for a comeback  :)
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

Dr. Starcs

Sad state of affairs when we have vandy fans consoling us. No offense lol.

hoghearted

Quote from: vandybuff on September 23, 2017, 05:48:19 pm
Vandy down 59 - 0 with 3 minutes left ---- I think it is too late for a comeback  :)

lol, we were due. Our second half scoring hasn't been anything to write home about for awhile.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Arkansas Fan

I do like Derek Mason. Arkansas is now the Vanderbilt of the West. No offence.

vandybuff

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 23, 2017, 05:50:01 pm

haha ... you will never hurt my feelings - this is just entertainment.  Next week the players won't remember it ---- possibly because they were hit so often in the head they won't remember much of anything.  AL total offense 670 yards; Vandy's 70.  Joke's on them - think of how tired they must be!!!! :)

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: vandybuff on September 23, 2017, 05:48:19 pm

When we play Alabama,  the score is probably going to be close to the same.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

vandybuff

Quote from: hoghearted on September 23, 2017, 05:49:18 pm
lol, we were due. Our second half scoring hasn't been anything to write home about for awhile.

Today Vandy's scoring was consistent in all quarters :)

vandybuff

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 23, 2017, 05:56:56 pm
When we play Alabama,  the score is probably going to be close to the same.

When playing Alabama, remember to keep your coaches and managers hydrated and rested -- it takes a lot of energy to pull your young, strong players back onto the field after halftime! 

Boarcephus

Damn right we scored!  ;)  I had to think that 43 points in regulation ought to be enough to win but with team, guess not.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

EcatsR

"I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama. You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and put it against mine, and he can't compare." - Bret Bielema.  Coach is a little bit behind schedule.

Bubba's Bruisers

Don't worry, we won't score against Bama either.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

vandybuff

What kept us from scoring was poor field position --- if we could have started our every drive on their 2 yard line, we could put points on the board!  :)

vandybuff

Quote from: Ward on September 23, 2017, 08:02:39 pm
tough one man, sorry

Hey, credit Alabama ..... absolutely deserved this score.  But the Vandy men were brave and played their best ... we had few injuries, no fatalities and none were captured!  :)

TeufelHog

Did Vandy take Arkansas' "claim to fame spot" in the SEC record book in "Yards Rushed Against?"  Did it top Auburn's record against us last year?

lasthog

Quote from: EcatsR on September 23, 2017, 06:39:43 pm
"I didn't come here to play Alabama. I came here to beat Alabama. You can take Saban's record when he was at Michigan State and put it against mine, and he can't compare." - Bret Bielema.  Coach is a little bit behind schedule.

In line with the Demozette's policy of making the UA a directional school, BB may have been pointing to UAB.

lasthog

Quote from: vandybuff on September 23, 2017, 08:05:46 pm
Hey, credit Alabama ..... absolutely deserved this score.  But the Vandy men were brave and played their best ... we had few injuries, no fatalities and none were captured!  :)

Did they not take your women?

DeltaBoy

Yep we got our GPA up to record levels and we have Integrity! But we have a Coach who could not win an OT game with Saban's Bama boys!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PossumFan

Vanderbilt of the West, but without the academics.

vandybuff

Quote from: TeufelHog on September 23, 2017, 08:11:10 pm
Did Vandy take Arkansas' "claim to fame spot" in the SEC record book in "Yards Rushed Against?"  Did it top Auburn's record against us last year?

We did allow 39 or so first downs ... a record 'against'.  Lord knows how many they would have gotten if not for the mercy rule starting the third quarter :)

vandybuff

LJHOG

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 23, 2017, 06:45:55 pm
Don't worry, we won't score against Bama either.
I think the SEC is going to make us forfeit that game.  No QB should be forced to play Alabama behind our offense line.  Surely that would qualify as reckless endangerment.

vandybuff

For you all -- thanks for all the fun here.  Being serious, I did not think we (Vandy) would win, but this was a team like I have never seen before.  And we had no excuses - 17 of our 22 starters are upper class ... all were relatively healthy ... .... .... we simply were beaten by a much better team. 

BDSCT51

Quote from: vandybuff on September 23, 2017, 08:05:46 pm

I may like hanging out with Vanderbilt of the East. This is a gem!
Bleeding Razorback Red

vandybuff

Quote from: BDSCT51 on September 23, 2017, 08:28:41 pm
I may like hanging out with Vanderbilt of the East. This is a gem!

Thanks, but this is nearer true that you think.  Very early in the first, when one of the 'recently hurt' Alabama LB leapt about ten yards to tackle our back, and then the AL player screamed with pride, I jumped from my seat and ran for my car ..... and was passed by two Vandy players and an assistant coach! 

vandybuff

Quote from: Ward on September 23, 2017, 08:42:52 pm
I've been to many Vandy games down through the years and I always root for you guys if you're not playing the Hogs

Thank you!  ... and I root for the Hogs.  Vandy is a wonderful environment i m o., but football is tough for us - you need so much talent 'and'  depth.  Baseball, basketball etc, are easier. 

lasthog

Quote from: LJHOG on September 23, 2017, 08:25:25 pm
I think the SEC is going to make us forfeit that game.  No QB should be forced to play Alabama behind our offense line.  Surely that would qualify as reckless endangerment.

Couldn't blame AA if he took a fall early in this one!

Just kidding folks.

vandybuff

Quote from: vandybuff on September 23, 2017, 08:21:58 pm
We did allow 39 or so first downs ... a record 'against'.  Lord knows how many they would have gotten if not for the mercy rule starting the third quarter :)

I just heard Vandy allowed 38 first downs, not 39.  Whew, that's a load off my mind!!!!

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.