Started by OldTimeHawg, March 09, 2018, 06:54:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeHawg

HOGS = LIFE

davril98

Macon makes up for an off night
Hogs 84-79

Of course, me picking the hogs to win just crushed their chances
At some point though, you gotta think they'll get over the Gator hurdle.

jst01

My brain tells me that FL shoots too well and drains from deep. But I don't know which AR team shows up, last nights struggling offense or the one where our Big 3 actually play together

TeufelHog

March 09, 2018, 07:11:04 am #3 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:46:59 pm by TeufelHog
Florida wins by 16.

WOW!  Never so happy to be SO WRONG.  BIG helping of crow to eat!  Best game the Hogs have played all year.  Nice win!

GoHogzzGo

Florida 77 Ark 71

Hope I'm wrong. Either way looking forward to the big dance.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

RacinRazorback

Hogs 86 gayturs 79! We are due to beat them.  Things that have to happen for us to win is both Barford and Macon MUST have big games, Gafford has to be strong inside and no foul trouble, rebound rebound rebound, give them offensive rebounds and we get killed! Beard and CJ having big nights would be nice too, and last but not least, value the ball every possession. Gotta keep the turnovers in check! GO HOGS  WPS!

Cinco de Hogo

Well there is an epic battle going on between my gut and my heart.  My gut tells me that the SEC wants Florida to win the tourney because it will help THEIR seeding so we don't stand a chance that proverbial snowball had.  My hearts say there is always a chance even as that faith is being constantly kicked in the but in these situations.

Oh, and my gut tells me Florida is just better than we are too.  To win Danial Gafford would have to have an epic game.

The_Iceman

greenEGnHAWGS

The optimist in me says hogs win by 5...the pessimist side says Gators by 14.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: RacinRazorback on March 09, 2018, 07:14:14 am
Things that have to happen for us to win is both Barford and Macon MUST have big games, Gafford has to be strong inside and no foul trouble, rebound rebound rebound, give them offensive rebounds and we get killed! Beard and CJ having big nights would be nice too, and last but not least, value the ball every possession. Gotta keep the turnovers in check!

So, we have to play a perfect game.

Pumbaa

Razorod

Tonight, it's personal:

Hogs 75
UF    71

Little more offense tonight. Hogs secure a 6 seed.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

raz1965

If the Razorbacks can find a way to keep Allen from having his normal monster game when he faces Arkansas then a win is in the cards. There is no doubt that the Razorbacks defense has improved since the Gators put the bite down on them, should be a good measuring stick on a netural court and a entertaining game. Wish it wasn't the late game.

davril98

I just don't see why so many people are acting like Florida is some world beater. I guess just our history makes us pessimistic, but I think the HOgs are every bit as good as the Gators. I give us a 50-50 chance.  I bet the line will be Florida by 2.

claycohog

Breems

Quote from: davril98 on March 09, 2018, 08:13:18 am
I just don't see why so many people are acting like Florida is some world beater. I guess just our history makes us pessimistic, but I think the HOgs are every bit as good as the Gators. I give us a 50-50 chance.  I bet the line will be Florida by 2.

We can't beat FL. It's a curse.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

davril98

Quote from: Breems on March 09, 2018, 08:16:54 am
We can't beat FL. It's a curse.
Then there's that.
Sure as hell seems like it.

Oliver

PorkRinds

I love "hope I'm wrong" posts.  I predict hogs win by 5.

jst01

They smoked the same KY team that came into Bud Walton and made AR look like a high school team.  They are pretty dang good.

rhames

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 09, 2018, 08:27:26 am
I love "hope I'm wrong" posts.  I predict hogs win by 5.

I hope you're not wrong

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

AHiD

Hogs 83
Gators 76

Our bench is playing well, Macon won't have two off nights in a row, and Anton shuts down Kevaugn.
My name...is Jerruh

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: jst01 on March 09, 2018, 08:41:23 am
They smoked the same KY team that came into Bud Walton and made AR look like a high school team.  They are pretty dang good.

They were also 2-7 against 6 different teams that the Hogs were 7-0 against.  They lost to Bama by 18 at home and then beat them by 19 on the road.  Anything could happen.  That said, I think Fla wins easily.  They would have to beat themselves and we'd have to play well to win.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

LRhawg926

steveaustin69

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 09, 2018, 08:49:14 am
Hogs 83
Gators 76

Our bench is playing well, Macon won't have two off nights in a row, and Anton shuts down Kevaugn.

azhog10

Depends on how the game starts. UF always seems to get up big on us early and we just can't make up ground. If we can keep the game close and even have a small lead at half then I think we win. If UF gets up 10plus early then we will lose.

redleg

Arkansas has not beaten Florida since 2013.
If Gafford can dominate in the paint, Arkansas' guards play good defense, and the team makes their free throws, they can break that losing streak.
It's really sad, because before Nolan was fired, the Hogs had a winning record versus the Gators, and Arkansas was generally considered the second best team in the SEC behind only Kentucky. But now, thanks to bad coaching hires, and Billy "freakin" Donovan, Florida has supplanted Arkansas in that spot.  >:(
I long for the day that Arkansas takes that spot back! They'll never be considered the premiere team in the SEC, just because Kentucky is who they are. But they can be what they use to be.

I think the Hogs are due against Florida, and I sure as hell want Kevaughn Allen to suffer at least one loss to Arkansas before he leaves Gainesville!
Arkansas - 83
Florida - 80
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

RagingHawgOn

steveaustin69

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 09, 2018, 09:12:13 am
You mean Anton can't get the job done?  lol

No, no. I didn't say that.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 08:59:44 am

START Gabe O on Allen and bird dog him for the first five minutes or so.

masbas3

Arkansas continues to struggle as of late with Macon and Barford not shooting very well, the hogs lose this one sadly by a score of,
Florida-79
Arkansas-67

jgphillips3

My head says Florida 85, Arkansas 75 but you never know.

jchill

When was our last victory against Florida? We have not been competitive against them in a long time. I want us to beat Florida so bad. I can't stand the Gators!

jchill

Quote from: redleg on March 09, 2018, 09:09:19 am
Arkansas has not beaten Florida since 2013.
If Gafford can dominate in the paint, Arkansas' guards play good defense, and the team makes their free throws, they can break that losing streak.
It's really sad, because before Nolan was fired, the Hogs had a winning record versus the Gators, and Arkansas was generally considered the second best team in the SEC behind only Kentucky. But now, thanks to bad coaching hires, and Billy "freakin" Donovan, Florida has supplanted Arkansas in that spot.  >:(
I long for the day that Arkansas takes that spot back! They'll never be considered the premiere team in the SEC, just because Kentucky is who they are. But they can be what they use to be.

I think the Hogs are due against Florida, and I sure as hell want Kevaughn Allen to suffer at least one loss to Arkansas before he leaves Gainesville!
Arkansas - 83
Florida - 80

Didn't see this before I posted. Man! We are so overdue against Florida. I am a Gator Hater...lol!!!!

AHiD

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 08:59:44 am

Anton is our best defensive guard, and he played well last night. I think he'll play the game of his life tonight.
My name...is Jerruh

BroyledNutts

The result should be similar to earlier this season ... then it was Florida 88, Hogs 74 ... half court defense, rebounding, and foul trouble who shoots more free throws will determine the outcome ...

RacinRazorback

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on March 09, 2018, 07:56:49 am
So, we have to play a perfect game.

As close to perfect as possible! We play like we did at Mizzou and this game will be unwatchable. Have to come out inspired and play a full 40 minutes!

steveaustin69

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 09, 2018, 09:36:01 am
Anton is our best defensive guard, and he played well last night. I think he'll play the game of his life tonight.

Akin to being the tallest midget

revolution

I'm going to predict what I hope:

Hogs       77
Gaytors   71

AHiD

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 09, 2018, 09:48:06 am
Akin to being the tallest midget

Doesn't make it false. If anyone's gonna do it it'll be him, no?
My name...is Jerruh

steveaustin69

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 09, 2018, 09:50:43 am
Doesn't make it false. If anyone's gonna do it it'll be him, no?

It was a joke, dude.

hawg IQ

Quote from: TeufelHog on March 09, 2018, 07:11:04 am
Florida wins by 16.
yes I think gators wins going away, Hogs out of sync at present.
go hogs go !

SemperHawg

Quote from: jst01 on March 09, 2018, 08:41:23 am
If this season in the SEC has taught us nothing else we should at least learn to quit putting any stock into the transitive win theory... The team we be last night beat both Florida and Kentucky and they are headed home for the season.

davril98

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

99toLife

Quote from: jchill on March 09, 2018, 09:32:05 am

When was our last victory against Florida? We have not been competitive against them in a long time. I want us to beat Florida so bad. I can't stand the Gators!

Before we had the term " Global Warming".  ;) Hogs by 3

AirWarren

Love my gators. But I hope we take take it to Kevaughn Allen and the boys from the sunshine state. I want our homegrown hogs to finally get that win against him.

Go hogs!