Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL @Georgia 79 Mississippi State 72

Started by jbcarol, February 14, 2017, 08:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

February 14, 2017, 08:00:03 am Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:17:26 am by jbcarol
https://twitter.com/abhsports/status/831294068323782656

QuoteGeorgia freshman Tyree Crump wasn't quite ready to start for the Bulldogs earlier this season.

Until Saturday.

"He's had to learn a lot," Georgia coach Mark Fox said. "It's like a freshman QB. There's so many things you have to read and react to that you didn't even know existed when you were playing in high school. It's a hard position to learn and he's been very diligent about trying to get better at both ends and he's gotten better so he's earned more time and took advantage of it."

Crump had 13 points, three rebounds and an assist in 16 minutes in Georgia's 76-75 win at Tennessee Saturday. Georgia (14-11, 5-7 SEC) hosts State (14-10, 5-7) tonight at 9 p.m. Mississippi State has dropped its last two games in close calls against Auburn and South Carolina.

"I knew if I worked hard I'd have the opportunity," Crump said.

Crump was averaging about ten to twelve minutes per game before Saturday. Moving him into the starting lineup was a chance to catch Tennessee off guard.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JasonHButt/status/831714881992871936

QuoteATHENS

Mississippi State did just about everything it could to keep J.J. Frazier from scoring.

And it succeeded in doing so for the most part. For the game's first 27:40, a defender followed the 5-foot-10 senior everywhere he went on the court.

Kinda crazy to think J.J. Frazier scored all 17 of his points in the final 14:20 of this game.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

revolution

Since the Bulldogs beat Arkansas at Bud Walton, they've gone 3-7 in conference play.  Overall they are 14-11, 5-8 in conference. 

Tell me again how MA let this young team control the game on our home court?
:puke: