Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

East-West Shrine game thread

Started by RazorWire, January 21, 2006, 03:07:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfancb

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on January 21, 2006, 06:35:54 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on January 21, 2006, 06:14:54 pm
Clock start/stop was AWFUL! They didn't stop the clock on a 1st down to set the chains. But the announcers sure gave Nutt his props saying that he was a genius swapping QB's like he did...

Just another situation of where people on this forum are uninformed. Here is the reason the clock was running.

They were playing with NFL rules. NOT college. Thus..no stopping the clock to set chains.

Good Game...Kudos to DH!

but after a kick off the clock was still running and when the east QB ran out of bounds with less with two minutes the clock was still running.  In the pro it would have stop.

pioneerhog

Clock start/stop was AWFUL! They didn't stop the clock on a 1st down to set the chains. But the announcers sure gave Nutt his props saying that he was a genius swapping QB's like he did...

Just another situation of where people on this forum are uninformed. Here is the reason the clock was running.

They were playing with NFL rules. NOT college. Thus..no stopping the clock to set chains.

Good Game...Kudos to DH!
There where times when the clock ran when a player ran out of bounds. Now I am not real sure but I am pretty sure the clock stops in the NFL when a player goes out of bounds.

corndo

Good Game...Kudos to DH!

Wow, there must have been some drastic rule changes in the NFL then. The clock didn't stop for incomplete passes or out of bounds plays either. The reason the clock ran is b/c it was a meaningless all-star game that they didn't want going 4 hours long.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: South_Ark_Pig on January 21, 2006, 06:27:56 pm
Nice game, DH would have gotten the MVP if it wasnt for sorry safety covearge, Mcneal isnt that good!! Nutt called a good game too i thought except that last play. Maybe he knew DH had to score to take the MVP back, if so thats a nice call for Nutt, but a play action would have been better. Why did the clock run when the QB scrambled out of bounds for a 1st down? ran 6 seconds and if they were playing NFL rules, i have never seen the clock run in that league

Nice attempt to let DH be a hero.  In retro, if he reall wanted to win the game might shoulda put that NW QB in there and let him roll.  Don't think the West D coulda stopped him.  The East secondary really gave up some big plays in the 2nd half.

Good game by both teams.

pioneerhog

Quote from: corndo on January 21, 2006, 06:39:31 pm

Good Game...Kudos to DH!

Wow, there must have been some drastic rule changes in the NFL then. The clock didn't stop for incomplete passes or out of bounds plays either. The reason the clock ran is b/c it was a meaningless all-star game that they didn't want going 4 hours long.
No they was in a hurry to start broadcasting the Hula Bowl.

DanTheHogFan

Good Game...Kudos to DH!

Maybe so...I didnt see the last 4 minutes of the game.  I will watch it later.  Still a good game by DH though!

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Dances With Hogs on January 21, 2006, 03:57:54 pm
So whats new? Nutty is losing again.
Quote from: corndo on January 21, 2006, 03:30:18 pm
Tied at 7 - I wonder when Dale will start the finger nail biting???

Ooooooooops!

Your team wins. :-*

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: DanTheHogFan on January 21, 2006, 06:40:35 pm

Good Game...Kudos to DH!

Maybe so...I didnt see the last 4 minutes of the game.  I will watch it later.  Still a good game by DH though!

Maybe you should be sure of what you're talking about before you make comments like "Just another situation of where people on this forum are uninformed."  That was uncalled for.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

The usual irrational clock and time out management by Numb Nutts. What an idiot. At least the qb had enough sense to try to stop the clock and make something happen before halftime.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: Fire Numb Nutts!!! on January 21, 2006, 08:47:37 pm
The usual irrational clock and time out management by Numb Nutts. What an idiot. At least the qb had enough sense to try to stop the clock and make something happen before halftime.

How do you know that HDN wasn't trying to call TO?

Did you hear Bill Curry refer to HDN as "brilliant"?  Of course you probably know more about football than Mr. Curry, don't you?  Where did you play college and pro ball?  While you are at it, please share where you have coached.

jabohog

Quote from: TulsaHawg on January 21, 2006, 08:58:21 pm

Did you hear Bill Curry refer to HDN as "brilliant"? Of course you probably know more about football than Mr. Curry, don't you? Where did you play college and pro ball? While you are at it, please share where you have coached.
Where did you play or coach? If that's a prerequisite, then live by it yourself, hypocrite.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: jabohog on January 21, 2006, 09:09:38 pm

Did you hear Bill Curry refer to HDN as "brilliant"? Of course you probably know more about football than Mr. Curry, don't you? Where did you play college and pro ball? While you are at it, please share where you have coached.
Where did you play or coach? If that's a prerequisite, then live by it yourself, hypocrite.

I'm not the one who said the following, "The usual irrational clock and time out management by Numb Nutts. What an idiot. At least the qb had enough sense to try to stop the clock and make something happen before halftime."

A football commentator calls our coach "brilliant", some poster on a Hog board calls our coach, "an idiot". You do the calculation chief.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

How do I know Numb Nutts is an idiot? Because I've seen him in action, especially with his clock/time out (mis)management, which is pathetic. Many times I've watched him with the ball, behind in the game, run out the clock with 1 to 2 minutes before half-time instead of trying to score some points and gain some momentum before halftime. I guess Numb Nutts is just content to "keep it close" (like the Shrine Game) and end up losing (now below .500 in the SEC after 8 years).

Face it, TulsaHawg, your hero Numb Nutts is a loser. Always has been, always will be.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Also, Tulsa, don't put too much stock in some talking head commentator calling Numb Nutts "brilliant" because he couldn't decide which qb to play at a critical stage (shades of the 2nd UNLV fiasco).

Color commentators are not paid to tell it like it is -- they're paid to pin a big smiley face on whatever flusther cluck occurs on the field so folks like you will keep watching and buying KFC and Mt. Dew through the power of commercial adverstising. If the commentator were to give an accurate assessment of Numb Nutts' coaching abilities (or rather the lack thereof), Nutt Suckers would get mad  and turn off the TV -- sales of popcorn chicken and Mt. Dew would tank and the sponsors would be pissed and yank their advertising.

Simple enough for you?

RazorWire

;) WOW. FNN you get kicked out of the club tonight and yer girl decided to stay?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I am glad HDN and TulsaHawg enjoyed their "brilliance" and can feel like MEN b/c of this game. 

HDN will need those memories come next football season, as he turns into the first puppet coach, controlling absoultely nothing except for leading us in the fight song.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

I wish they wouldn't let those gd drunk Shriners decorate the players' helmets -- a hog with a VT/GT/buckeye/tomahawk/what have you -- that's just embarassing. Unfortunately, I see that Numb Nutts made his razorback players put up with this nonsense on their helmets. It really looked stupid.