Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Successfully obtaining....

Started by Iwastherein1969, December 17, 2017, 09:53:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

Gerry Bohanon II 's signature on a fax where he promises to play football for the University of Arkansas is as important, if not more important than the day the UA had Ryan Mallett fall right into their lap.

Bohanon II is exactly the type of QB that Arkansas hasn't had since Matt Jones and before him Quinn Grovey. Remember Grovey and how much of a smooth operator with the ball he was and could win games with his feet. Well, IMHO, Bohanon II is a much bigger, stronger and yes faster version of Quinn. Arkansas could build an offense around this young man which would give ANY defense in the SEC fits in trying to contain chunk yardage plays. Even busted plays would turn into some of our most effective calls because of the speed and size of Bohanon II.

If we get Gerry, there will be no massive rebuilding project needed. Just put #11 in the left lane and let him put the "Hammer Down". Yep, Bohanon II could cut the rebuilding process time in half. In other words, two years from now, the Hogs will be vying for an SEC West title. This young man is that good. No doubt about it.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

870hogfan

So, a freshman from a small school in Arkansas is the savior?

IronMountainHog

I appreciate your optimism, but let's put the brakes on things a little. Gary Brashears, Peanut Adams, TaVarrous Jackson were all as big or bigger recruits and we saw how that turned out. Baker Mayfield was a walk-on and just took home a Heisman. I hope GB does great things, but let's cool our heels on SEC championship talk for the time being.

NotSoFastMyFriend

East Clintwood

Quote from: 870hogfan on December 17, 2017, 10:00:01 pm

Is Iwastherein1969 a wise man?  Are there others?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

RockyMtnHog

We've seen how players from small school Arkansas fare at the Div I SEC Level.  Most are busts.

I hope that if GB comes to Arkansas that he is an instant success but the odds are against him due to the different level of competition in the SEC.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

PonderinHog

jkstock04

Ya well...you also think Cole Kelly is that guy and we have pretty much zero evidence for that either if we are going off of the 2017 season.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Kevin

There are no must haves. Because nobody knows who will pan out be whonwill not    We have had 4 & 5 stars who could not play a lick. We have had 2 & 3 stars who were all conference players.

There are no must haves
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hogsanity

Sounds like a great plan to win in the sec.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: Kevin on December 17, 2017, 10:35:16 pm
There are no must haves. Because nobody knows who will pan out be whonwill not    We have had 4 & 5 stars who could not play a lick. We have had 2 & 3 stars who were all conference players.

There are no must haves
Letting top rated in state guys like K.J. hill or Josh Frazier go to other power 5 schools is not the recipe for success for Arkansas. I know if Bohanon goes to Baylor the narrative will be a loud and resounding "we're gonna be just fine" just like we always heard with Bielema when anything negative came up...but at some point we are gonna have to have some recruiters as coaches that keep these guys in state.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

colbs

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 17, 2017, 10:44:31 pm
Letting top rated in state guys like K.J. hill or Josh Frazier go to other power 5 schools is not the recipe for success for Arkansas. I know if Bohanon goes to Baylor the narrative will be a loud and resounding "we're gonna be just fine" just like we always heard with Bielema when anything negative came up...but at some point we are gonna have to have some recruiters as coaches that keep these guys in state.
It's not like a ton of kids were getting out of state and the kids going out of state haven't done much.  In 5 years only 3 players that BB offered left the state.  I do agree that you need to keep your top players in state but it's been better as of late.  CCM came into a bad situation as he had less than 2 weeks before the early signing date.  I think going forward he will do a good job keeping instate kids.

Pig in the Pokey

yes. He is the best dual threat QB out of Arkansas ever imo, but certainly in the last decade or so by recruiting rankings as well. He is our Deshawn Watson.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rtr

He may not be the savior of the program but it is important to keep him in state.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 17, 2017, 10:00:46 pm
I appreciate your optimism, but let's put the brakes on things a little. Gary Brashears, Peanut Adams, TaVarrous Jackson were all as big or bigger recruits and we saw how that turned out. Baker Mayfield was a walk-on and just took home a Heisman. I hope GB does great things, but let's cool our heels on SEC championship talk for the time being.
no they werent!!! ARSM? Peanut friggin Adams and tarvarus jackson were NOT #1 players in their state. Come the frick on.

What does a kid being a bust in the past have to do with Gerry anyway? Talk about false equivalency.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JIHawg

A question for you guys advocating for him.  His decision is Baylor or Arkansas.  Baylor is a program in disarray.  They won one game this year.  They still have problems that must be resolved. 

He has a chance to play for the home town university.  This seems like a no-brainer.  Does it not make you question his judgement?

jkstock04

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 17, 2017, 11:08:44 pm
no they werent!!! ARSM? Peanut friggin Adams and tarvarus jackson were NOT #1 players in their state. Come the frick on.

What does a kid being a bust in the past have to do with Gerry anyway? Talk about false equivalency.
I'm fairly certain T. Jackson wasn't from Arkansas anyways.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

rtr

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 17, 2017, 11:18:58 pm
I'm fairly certain T. Jackson wasn't from Arkansas anyways.
Peanut Adams was from Springfield Mo. T. Jackson was from Alabama.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

jkstock04

Quote from: JIHawg on December 17, 2017, 11:16:30 pm
A question for you guys advocating for him.  His decision is Baylor or Arkansas.  Baylor is a program in disarray.  They won one game this year.  They still have problems that must be resolved. 

He has a chance to play for the home town university.  This seems like a no-brainer.  Does it not make you question his judgement?
Not really when you consider a non homer viewpoint of Arkansas' football program the past 6 years...or Arkansas under Bielema in general. Morris has been here what now a couple of weeks? How long has Baylor been hard recruiting him?

Real short amount of time to make up a lot of ground. Be a tough flip but if it happens it'll be a big deal at the very least perception wise for the program.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

31to6

greenie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 17, 2017, 11:07:39 pm
yes. He is the best dual threat QB out of Arkansas ever imo, but certainly in the last decade or so by recruiting rankings as well. He is our Deshawn Watson.

Wow.  That's a strong statement before ever taking a college snap.  He may very well become the best dual-threat QB we've ever had, but until he proves it, IMO that title belongs to Matt Jones.

Calling All Hogs

Intriguing thread. And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty....

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

HogFoo

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 17, 2017, 09:53:26 pm
Gerry Bohanon II 's signature on a fax where he promises to play football for the University of Arkansas is as important, if not more important than the day the UA had Ryan Mallett fall right into their lap.

Bohanon II is exactly the type of QB that Arkansas hasn't had since Matt Jones and before him Quinn Grovey. Remember Grovey and how much of a smooth operator with the ball he was and could win games with his feet. Well, IMHO, Bohanon II is a much bigger, stronger and yes faster version of Quinn. Arkansas could build an offense around this young man which would give ANY defense in the SEC fits in trying to contain chunk yardage plays. Even busted plays would turn into some of our most effective calls because of the speed and size of Bohanon II.

If we get Gerry, there will be no massive rebuilding project needed. Just put #11 in the left lane and let him put the "Hammer Down". Yep, Bohanon II could cut the rebuilding process time in half. In other words, two years from now, the Hogs will be vying for an SEC West title. This young man is that good. No doubt about it.
cool story bro.   But from what I hear he isn't coming here.  Too little too late.  We have good QBS on staff, and 1 coming. If you want to be excited about a incoming freshman well then Connor Noland ,who will be a Hog is very very good too!  Also coach Morris system is tailor made for him to be a superstar !  So be sure to give him your support as well as he did have tremendous success against the top LvL schools in our state.    If we do magically happen to get GB, then by all means feel free to carry on your bromance!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Tortfeasor

Looking at his final 4 schools with the offers he has, something seems off.

hobhog

hobhog

Quote from: JIHawg on December 17, 2017, 11:16:30 pm

^^^^Wow. Just wow. Obviously never had children ^^^

kp72204

greenie

Quote from: Tortfeasor on December 18, 2017, 12:00:58 am

Getting an offer from some schools doesn't mean you can commit.  Many schools keeps a string of recruits with "offers" in line, just in case, and these offers often happen very early.  Bohanon is likely an example of this with at least 2 schools from which he held offers.  He probably never had an opportunity to commit to either Alabama or Auburn, who both offered him last January.  The fact that he never took an official visit to either gives an indication as to how much they wanted him.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe they both invited him on an official visit and he rather decided to take officials to Indiana and Memphis.  I find that hard to believe, however, and think he wasn't invited.

Peter Porker

Yep. Think Keihl Frazier.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

fullfan

He has a full ride offer to the UoA.  If he turns it down he is Gus.  No more, no less.

Read again, the offer is there.

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 17, 2017, 11:08:44 pm

Peanut Adams ended up not having the career at Arkansas many hoped for, but he was the top player in Missouri in 1987 and was a Parade All American. Of course we have learned over the last month what an idiot you are, so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

IronMountainHog

Prior to coming to Arkansas, Adams attended Springfield Central High School where he was a four-year varsity starter in both football and basketball. He earned honorable mention all-America honors and was twice an all-state, all-conference and all-district selection in football. He finished his high school career with 1,900 rushing yards and he passed for more than 2,400 yards and had 28 touchdowns. In basketball, he finished as Central's all-time leading scorer with 1,406 points. Adams averaged almost 18 points a game his junior year and made second team all-state. As a senior, he was first team all-state averaging 21.6 points per game.

Peter Porker

I've already explained to you that in 2011 Kiehl Frazier was more highly rated.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

blu

Quote from: HogFoo on December 17, 2017, 11:53:18 pm
cool story bro.   But from what I hear he isn't coming here.  Too little too late.  We have good QBS on staff, and 1 coming. If you want to be excited about a incoming freshman well then Connor Noland ,who will be a Hog is very very good too!  Also coach Morris system is tailor made for him to be a superstar !  So be sure to give him your support as well as he did have tremendous success against the top LvL schools in our state.    If we do magically happen to get GB, then by all means feel free to carry on your bromance!

+1 - hope we get this kid - sounds like we may not. But we have some very good options at QB going forward, so to say he is as important as Mallett was to CBP is a bit of a reach. It sounds like CCM will be able to adapt and utilize the talent he has and be successful.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: HogFoo on December 17, 2017, 11:53:18 pm
Bromance goes both ways... This is more of Brapie Broversion.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ThundrHawg

If he doesn't come to Arkansas that is entirely NOT on the new coaching staff. Recruiting is about relationships built over time, it's not CCM's fault if he goes out of state, he's only been recruiting him to Arkansas for a couple weeks now.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rtr on December 17, 2017, 11:19:50 pm
Peanut Adams was from Springfield Mo. T. Jackson was from Alabama.
jeez, as if THAT was the point. The POINT is that Gerry IS the #1 player in his state. Peanut adams was a bum.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: greenie on December 17, 2017, 11:28:06 pm
Wow.  That's a strong statement before ever taking a college snap.  He may very well become the best dual-threat QB we've ever had, but until he proves it, IMO that title belongs to Matt Jones.
he just did prove it. i was ref the state of arkansas, not the university. But that could be the case, to, as Matt Jones and Quinn Grovey are the gold standard, and that is well within G-Bo's grasp. i hope we get to see it here, and not just see him destroying teams for Memphis.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Peter Porker on December 18, 2017, 06:22:46 am
I've already explained to you that in 2011 Kiehl Frazier was more highly rated.
by one service he was. he was not a consensus 5 star. Also, he was a system QB. Can you even name Earle's coach?

Kheil Frazier couldnt hold G-Bo's jock when you get through. If he was in a bigger school he'd be a 5* , too; THATS from ESPN head recruiting analyst. One of the reasons G-Bo isnt rated 5*s is b/c Gus' two BUST QBs ruined it for other Arkansas kids.

buldozer

I would not be surprised if GB started for the Razorbacks in his first year. Arkansas kids seem to play harder and put out more effort to excel than out of state recruits. I hope he comes to Arkansas and I hope the coach gives him an opportunity to play in whatever role is best to support our team. Go Hogs!!

blu

Final Four: UA, IU, Baylor and Memphis - yeah keep spewing PIP.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ricepig

Offers to play QB??

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: blu on December 18, 2017, 07:42:23 am
Final Four: UA, IU, Baylor and Memphis - yeah keep spewing PIP.
keep spewing what? He WILL be the best dual threat QB out of this state since Matt Jones. And it'll most likely be at Memphis, like I been saying. Norvell is his guy. I wish we could have him but Bert screwed that up. Bert and all these Noland-bots ....

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 07:45:11 am
keep spewing what? He WILL be the best dual threat QB out of this state since Matt Jones. And it'll most likely be at Memphis, like I been saying. Norvell is his guy. I wish we could have him but Bert screwed that up. Bert and all these Noland-bots ....

Noland-bots, are they similar to Bohanon-bots?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2017, 07:49:31 am
Noland-bots, are they similar to Bohanon-bots?
totally different. Nolan bots show up in bohannon threads and neg him.

Bohanon fans NEVER do that.

NotSoFastMyFriend

He is no where near Deshaun Watson. I have concerns. Some things have gone down in the last two weeks here. Still not coming to the UofA.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on December 18, 2017, 07:55:58 am
He is no where near Deshaun Watson. I have concerns. Some things have gone down in the last two weeks here. Still not coming to the UofA.
NOBODY is anywhere near Deshaun Watson. He was the MVP in the NFL until he went down.

I been hearing he was Norvell's to lose for weeks. Even though I want that to change, it probably isnt. If G-Bo were in Texas we'd have a better chance. Texas coaches are about to feed us, and arkansas coaches are just tryin to feed themselves it feels like.