Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So is our plan to wait till after the bowl season to name a DC? (Chavis)

Started by checkraiser88, December 17, 2017, 09:53:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

Richard Davenport

sowmonella

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 17, 2017, 11:06:58 pm
Until the DC is done with his bowl game.

So it's definitely a he. First solid news I can bank on. Thanks RD.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

moto625

31to6

Honestly I am fine with the wait. In general good DCs coach for teams with good defenses. Teams with good defenses go to bowls. We want a guy who can be a P5 DC. P5 schools tend to go to *good* bowls.

Therefore, if you want a good pool of DC candidates, you are probably hiring after all/most of the bowls are done.

kp72204

Quote from: 31to6 on December 17, 2017, 11:33:06 pm
Honestly I am fine with the wait. In general good DCs coach for teams with good defenses. Teams with good defenses go to bowls. We want a guy who can be a P5 DC. P5 schools tend to go to *good* bowls.

Therefore, if you want a good pool of DC candidates, you are probably hiring after all/most of the bowls are done.
Liberty or Texas bowl?

RedyorNot

Frisco Bowl is Wednesday, he may be bringing Van Malone with him for all we know.

scooby21322

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 18, 2017, 08:53:47 am
Frisco Bowl is Wednesday, he may be bringing Van Malone with him for all we know.
we know thats not it.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

cardinalandwhite

It's actually Chavis. What RD meant by "bowl game" is that he's in a pot-smoking competition this week and won't be announced until he's recovered from that.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

colbs

Since it's a dead period there is no reason to really rush hiring a DC right now.  As long as one is in place the first week of visits in January.

moto625

a0ashle

RockyMtnHog

"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

AlmaHog2011

Better be a damn good hire. No one else is waiting and here we are.

Long as it's a great DC then fine. Better not be the 100 year old Chavis. Young hungry aggressive DC.

RideTillIDieHawg

Chad Morris is the next Saban / Bellicheck hybrid, either get on board or go kick rocks.

King Kong

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 18, 2017, 09:29:28 pm

Long as it's a great DC then fine. Better not be the 100 year old Chavis. Young hungry aggressive DC.

I'd rather have an old good DC than a young energetic sucky DC

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: King Kong on December 18, 2017, 09:52:15 pm
I'd rather have an old good DC than a young energetic sucky DC

Here's a question. What if he's the defensive equivalent of Morris's OC hire at SMU? A young, unproven coach who's extremely gifted. I could see it, and wonder if he'd get the benefit of the doubt.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Beaverfever

Yeah it's a very bold play by Morris.  At this point the logical conclusion   is that we're waiting for a coach that will be involved in a very high profile bowl game. 

Steef

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 18, 2017, 11:12:54 pm
Here's a question. What if he's the defensive equivalent of Morris's OC hire at SMU? A young, unproven coach who's extremely gifted. I could see it, and wonder if he'd get the benefit of the doubt.

If he's in a bowl, he's not unproven.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on December 18, 2017, 11:12:54 pm

Give me the young energetic aggressive young coach over Chavis all day.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 19, 2017, 04:57:42 am
Yeah it's a very bold play by Morris.  At this point the logical conclusion   is that we're waiting for a coach that will be involved in a very high profile bowl game.

Has to be..Grinch would be good other than he's never coached in this area.

ifghog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 19, 2017, 05:55:37 am
Not me....Chavis would bring so much SEC experience to this staff. They need it. He prob wouldn't coach long but what he could bring to the table is priceless. I love having young energetic coaches but....not if they don't know what they are doing. We know Chavis does.

King Kong

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 19, 2017, 05:55:37 am

Like Louisville did going from Todd Grantham to Peter Sirmon?

No thank you

King Kong

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 19, 2017, 05:56:26 am

Grinch coached at Mizz.

farmhawg

What are you going to do if it's not a great one?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Snout team

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 19, 2017, 05:56:26 am

Grinch was a strong recruiter for Mizzou while he was there.  His primary connections are in Georgia.  I know that is not part of our planned footprint but it sure wouldn't hurt. 
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

The NewEra

Whoever the new DC is, I hope his team pitches a shutout in their bowl game.  That will at least help mute SOME of the negativity that we will certainly hear on Hogville.

liljo

Quote from: The NewEra on December 19, 2017, 08:19:47 am
Whoever the new DC is, I hope his team pitches a shutout in their bowl game.  That will at least help mute SOME of the negativity that we will certainly hear on Hogville.

Man, I hear you. I'm really new here (just a few days) and joined because of the excitement that comes whenever we get a new coach. I have read thread after thread in the recruiting section and am absolutely shocked at all the in-fighting, arguing, negativity, etc.

Y'all have fun. I think I'll stick to my Harley forums. I was rooting for the Razorbacks forty years before Al Gore invented the internet.  ::hornsdown::
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

The NewEra

Quote from: liljo on December 19, 2017, 08:34:52 am
Man, I hear you. I'm really new here (just a few days) and joined because of the excitement that comes whenever we get a new coach. I have read thread after thread in the recruiting section and am absolutely shocked at all the in-fighting, arguing, negativity, etc.

Y'all have fun. I think I'll stick to my Harley forums. I was rooting for the Razorbacks forty years before Al Gore invented the internet.  ::hornsdown::

You should stick around a while.  We need an infusion of sanity.   ;D

Hoggish1

The NewEra