Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon to announce his decision on 12/19...

Started by DuckTalesLOL, December 14, 2017, 09:22:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

I personally don't think G-Bo will be a Hog. Not sure why anyone would want to go to Baylor right now.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on December 17, 2017, 06:29:36 pm
I personally don't think G-Bo will be a Hog. Not sure why anyone would want to go to Baylor right now.

The chatter is that he wants to go somewhere he thinks he has best chance to play right away.  If so, Maybe that's Baylor.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 17, 2017, 05:55:03 pm
LOl you are so FOS..You saying that we lose all 3?

FOS, nah, that's your persona. Jones said in his post visit interview, "that he is still committed, at this time", Flanagan will sign with OSU on Wednesday, I don't have any idea on where Bohanon is going. So, yeah, I'd be concerned.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, but as it appears today, that looks like the breakdown.

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 06:47:44 pm
FOS, nah, that's your persona. Jones said in his post visit interview, "that he is still committed, at this time", Flanagan will sign with OSU on Wednesday, I don't have any idea on where Bohanon is going. So, yeah, I'd be concerned.

That's what I've heard as well.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 06:31:41 pm
The chatter is that he wants to go somewhere he thinks he has best chance to play right away.  If so, Maybe that's Baylor.

Honestly that's probably here at Arkansas.  New coach, new system. Morris is a great QB coach he'll work extensively w/ Bohannon and the other QB's to get their footwork, timing, throwing motion, and brain ready to play big time ball.  He's proven he can mold QBs time and time again.  I don't see GB getting that sort of coaching at Memphis, Baylor, Indiana, LSU, Oregon, Florida St., MSU or anywhere else really.

Morris has offered 3 QB's in this class and we've got a couple on the roster that were HS QB's that could be in the mix too if they're going to completely start from scratch.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 17, 2017, 06:52:18 pm
Honestly that's probably here at Arkansas.  New coach, new system. Morris is a great QB coach he'll work extensively w/ Bohannon and the other QB's to get their footwork, timing, throwing motion, and brain ready to play big time ball.  He's proven he can mold QBs time and time again.  I don't see GB getting that sort of coaching at Memphis, Baylor, Indiana, LSU, Oregon, Florida St., MSU or anywhere else really.

Morris has offered 3 QB's in this class and we've got a couple on the roster that were HS QB's that could be in the mix too if they're going to completely start from scratch.

So you admit to a potential logjam at the QB position here, and therefore opine that this is the place he has the best chance to play right away?

I freely admit I might be misreading your post.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

There will be competition of course.  If a kid doesn't have the stones to face competition and the heart to go beat them out we really don't want them here.

There's competition at every position on every team at every level. If a guy is looking to jump the que and get an easy path to playing time and not earn it by proving himself to be the best option at whatever position they play... then that player is gonna fold in the 4th quarter, they're gonna fold and make mistakes that will lose games.

There's not going to be an established hierarchy of QB's at Arkansas. If GB needs a RS year then playing as a TR FR isn't going to help his stock w/ NFL scouts.  I can't see him or really any other FR QB lighting the Big 12 on fire at Baylor under Rhule. Indiana doesn't have the talent to push a FR QB to greatness right out of the gate.

Memphis could be a legit contender b/c of how close it is to Earle and they're losing a flashy QB and I'm sure Norvell is selling all of that to GB. Arkansas simply has better QB coaching on staff than any of those other schools.  That's why I'm saying there could be up to 8 -10 guys that could possibly compete for the job if they do a complete ground floor assessment of the talent in Fayetteville.  Now that could be weeded down to 4-5 in the first 2 days and then identify the best QB over the summer.

Again if a guy isn't thrilled about competition and jacked about beating out a host of other guys then he probably doesn't have that dog in him that it takes to win in the SEC.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

imtad16

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 17, 2017, 04:47:36 pm
For what it is worth from a new poster that is posting from Italy, GB is going to Baylor unless something happens between now and Tuesday. It’s funny how some people think I suppose. GB wants to have a really good chance to start at QB in year one. He will have a better chance doing that at Baylor than AR. Even though I grew up out of state, I was raised an AR fan, big time. I KNEW however, I didn’t have SEC talent. If I thought I did, I would have walked on and competed for a spot no matter how many guys were already at that spot. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Fr Joe

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 06:31:41 pm
The chatter is that he wants to go somewhere he thinks he has best chance to play right away.  If so, Maybe that’s Baylor.

He's probably not gonna find it easy to start at Baylor. True Freshman Charlie Brewer looked really good when he took over at QB for Baylor. He made Baylor look much better once he took over. The game before his first start he almost brought them back from a 3 TD deficit against a ranked WVU team after being inserted in the 2nd half. Baylor is really excited about him. It's not impossible, but seriously he is probably not gonna start year 1 and if Brewer gets it going it will be a challenge to play at all.

In 5 starts as a true Freshman 1562 yards   11 TD   4 INT and completed 68 PCT of passes.

imtad16

If he wants to start early his route is Indiana or Memphis. Baylor doesn't have the log jam, but it has a good young QB that was Big 12 co-Offensive Freshman of the Year.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/11/30/baylor-quarterback-charlie-brewer-wide-receiver-denzel-mims-earn-big-12-honors

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: imtad16 on December 17, 2017, 07:11:14 pm

He's probably not gonna find it easy to start at Baylor. True Freshman Charlie Brewer looked really good when he took over at QB for Baylor. He made Baylor look much better once he took over. The game before his first start he almost brought them back from a 3 TD deficit against a ranked WVU team after being inserted in the 2nd half. Baylor is really excited about him. It's not impossible, but seriously he is probably not gonna start year 1 and if Brewer gets it going it will be a challenge to play at all.

In 5 starts as a true Freshman 1562 yards   11 TD   4 INT and completed 68 PCT of passes.

Maybe, but he has to know there will at least be some competition anywhere he goes.  Including Baylor.  It may be that he thinks it's the path of least resistance.  And Indiana is cold and is, well, Indiana.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: rtr on December 17, 2017, 12:37:30 pm
If Arkansas produces a P5 player, the Hogs need to recruit and sign him.

Recruiting a kid is one thing, signing is a TOTALLY different matter. You can't hold a gun to their head.

CM did what he could, if we lose GB or any other instate recruit as long as we recruited them as hard as possible, that's all we can do.

A new coach coming in is at a disadvantage when the previous coach was asleep at the wheel..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 06:57:58 pm
So you admit to a potential logjam at the QB position here, and therefore opine that this is the place he has the best chance to play right away?

I freely admit I might be misreading your post.

After CCM examines the roster, he may tell a few of the QBs to look elsewhere.  A lot of other players may look elsewhere after Spring practice.  The HUNH will take its toll on those that are not in shape.  I hope that we get a really good S&C coach because we're gonna need it.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 17, 2017, 07:25:25 pm
A new coach coming in is at a disadvantage when the previous coach was asleep at the wheel..

Agree!  You cannot fault CCM if CBB did not offer them.  CCM is doing the best that he can on short notice.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 17, 2017, 07:29:47 pm
After CCM examines the roster, he may tell a few of the QBs to look elsewhere.  A lot of other players may look elsewhere after Spring practice.  The HUNH will take its toll on those that are not in shape.  I hope that we get a really good S&C coach because we're gonna need it.

Very well could be a QB culling, but GB wouldn't assume that.

jjdlc

As others have pointed out, Baylor isn't a sure fire path to early play time.  Besides that, if his ultimate goal is the NFL, he really needs to think long and hard about not wanting to redshirt.  The NFL is getting to where they want their QBs as developed as possible.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 07:33:03 pm
Very well could be a QB culling, but GB wouldn't assume that.

... and he should not assume this.  If he selects Arkansas, he should come in expecting to compete for the job.  If there is not a competition at the college level then there is no challenge and our previous recruiting has been for naught.  We have a couple of 4 star and 3 star QBs already on roster that came from bigger schools.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 17, 2017, 07:42:51 pm
... and he should not assume this.  If he selects Arkansas, he should come in expecting to compete for the job.  If there is not a competition at the college level then there is no challenge and our previous recruiting has been for naught.  We have a couple of 4 star and 3 star QBs already on roster that came from bigger schools.

Again, which is why he might think he's got a better shot at early playing time at another school. Pretty common thinking among 17 year old recruits.  In fact, we often like to claim how UA Would be a great landing spot for anyone playing a position where we lack talent/depth. 

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2017, 07:53:54 pm
Again, which is why he might think he's got a better shot at early playing time at another school. Pretty common thinking among 17 year old recruits.  In fact, we often like to claim how UA Would be a great landing spot for anyone playing a position where we lack talent/depth. 

Take on the competition and let the cream rise to the top.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 17, 2017, 08:03:25 pm
Take on the competition and let the cream rise to the top.

As a fan, I agree, but a fan's perspective is often not in line with a recruit's perspective.

ifghog

Ferrell's commitment could bring a little momentum. Who knows?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on December 17, 2017, 07:16:11 pm
If he wants to start early his route is Indiana or Memphis. Baylor doesn't have the log jam, but it has a good young QB that was Big 12 co-Offensive Freshman of the Year.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/11/30/baylor-quarterback-charlie-brewer-wide-receiver-denzel-mims-earn-big-12-honors
That is kind of silly, no offense. But Arkansas has no proven QB either, he just graduated.

Daulton Hyatt and Cole Kelley are not going to scare G-Bo. Ty Storey is transferring and Connor could be in the mix, too.

We bout to have us a good ole fashioned QB battle royale.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

imtad16

No, I agree I don't think the QB situation at Arkansas should scare him. People will say well Noland is a composite 4 star in the same signing class so that could be something in his mind, but odds are he ends up a back up at Ark and Baylor for some amount of time. How long I don't know. I would say he has more to contend with here, but he might be the best fit in the offense of all our QB's should he sign with us. If he wants to start right away the better path is at Indiana or Memphis. There is another true Freshman at Indiana that played some this season, but I don't know how married to him they are and no one else really played besides graduating Riley Ferguson at Memphis. Memphis has 3 other young 3 star QB's on the roster.  How bad would it suck though to take that chance and still not start at those schools next season after all.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on December 17, 2017, 11:39:51 pm
No, I agree I don't think the QB situation at Arkansas should scare him. People will say well Noland is a composite 4 star in the same signing class so that could be something in his mind, but odds are he ends up a back up at Ark and Baylor for some amount of time. How long I don't know. I would say he has more to contend with here, but he might be the best fit in the offense of all our QB's should he sign with us. If he wants to start right away the better path is at Indiana or Memphis. How bad would it suck to take that chance and still not start at those schools next season after all.
that may be true. Although this system can be fed incrementally to even a freshman. Georgia and Bama just did it. I agree he isnt coming in and starting day one, i wouldnt think.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

imtad16

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 17, 2017, 11:44:18 pm
that may be true. Although this system can be fed incrementally to even a freshman. Georgia and Bama just did it. I agree he isnt coming in and starting day one, i wouldnt think.

If I'm him I look at CM's relationship with Deshaun Watson and say to myself, "I could be the next Deshaun Watson." As a coaching staff that is what I would be telling him everyday.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: imtad16 on December 17, 2017, 11:50:13 pm
If I'm him I look at CM's relationship with Deshaun Watson and say to myself, "I could be the next Deshaun Watson." As a coaching staff that is what I would be telling him everyday.
that is G-Bo's favorite player fwtw
@Slackaveli

ThisGuy

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2017, 06:47:44 pm

Man that sucks

20gauge

FWIW most of the Earle guys I know say the Hogs are just late to this party. While Morris had a good sales pitch there isn't time to build a relationship. They feel BB botched Bohannons recruitment and the entire staff did.

Supposedly Bohannon is really 50/50 in Baylor and Memphis. I guess he has better relationships with both of those staffs.

Hard to build that connection with a recruit in this limited time frame. No to mention making up for what the last staff did or didn't do.

So again we will see

blu

I find it hilarious how emotional some people get over a football player from a 2A school in Arkansas with a final 4 of UA, Indiana, Baylor and Memphis. Sheesh!
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Deep Shoat

Quote from: blu on December 18, 2017, 06:57:58 am
I find it hilarious how emotional some people get over a football player from a 2A school in Arkansas with a final 4 of UA, Indiana, Baylor and Memphis. Sheesh!
ding ding ding ding
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 20gauge on December 18, 2017, 06:39:10 am
FWIW most of the Earle guys I know say the Hogs are just late to this party. While Morris had a good sales pitch there isn't time to build a relationship. They feel BB botched Bohannons recruitment and the entire staff did.

Supposedly Bohannon is really 50/50 in Baylor and Memphis. I guess he has better relationships with both of those staffs.

Hard to build that connection with a recruit in this limited time frame. No to mention making up for what the last staff did or didn't do.

So again we will see
the coaches i know in east arkansas say Norvell will get him in the end.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

hogsolutely

Why Baylor is not in trouble with the NCAA over all the BS is beyond me! If I was Penn State I would sue the pants off the NCAA.   Because, what Baylor allowed, an swept under the rug is just as inexcusable as what was occurring at Penn State! 

elksnort

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hogsolutely on December 18, 2017, 07:45:01 am
Why Baylor is not in trouble with the NCAA over all the BS is beyond me! If I was Penn State I would sue the pants off the NCAA.   Because, what Baylor allowed, an swept under the rug is just as inexcusable as what was occurring at Penn State!
agreed. G-Bo wont spurn Norvell for Rhule, tho.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: elksnort on December 18, 2017, 07:46:54 am
You are hip for sure." G-BO"
Do you know him?
im in fayetteville , so no. But he did ask me for burger joint recommendations on Twitter almost 2 years ago, does that count? Are you seriously giving me darn for calling the guy by a nickname?

I dont know how some of y'all make it on the internet.
@Slackaveli

elksnort

Agree. It's almost pitiful.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: elksnort on December 18, 2017, 07:49:10 am
Agree. It's almost pitiful.
why TF are y'all on the recruiting forum if you dont care about recruiting? Nobody is being 'emotional' over G-Bo, we are cheering for him to be a Hog. Some of y'all make your sour lives feel better by neggin folks on a message board. Neggin the posters. Neggin the recruits. Neggin the state. Neggin 2a. Neggin Baylor and Indiana and Mempshis. Neggin Arkansas.... must be a miserable life to be so miserable.

That quote you "agree" with is a insult to this fine state. You guys love to eat your own...
@Slackaveli

elksnort

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 07:48:46 am
im in fayetteville , so no. But he did ask me for burger recommendations on Twitter almost 2 years ago, does that count? Are you seriously giving me darn for calling the guy by a nickname?

I dont know how some of y'all make it on the internet.
Believe me when I say I agree with you. About surviving on the internet. I have questioning myself lately that I spend too much time on it. I guess my language skills are somewhere between a college professor and a millennial ghetto dweller. This world is getting more polarized.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: elksnort on December 18, 2017, 07:54:59 am
Believe me when I say I agree with you. About surviving on the internet. I have questioning myself lately that I spend too much time on it. I guess my language skills are somewhere between a college professor and a millennial ghetto dweller. This world is getting more polarized.
you and I , we are coolio in my book. Try to remember we are all Hog fans here.

I admit to having a lil schtick to my posting style- Wanna know why? B/C I HATE , i mean, HATE, the poorlilolearkinsaw thing. Why do I back the longshot? B/C I see people dismissing every unlikely thing, whether it's a coach or a recruit or a team we are playing, as IMPOSSIBLE b/c we are 'only arkansas'-; i see ninny arkie fans always woe-is-me-ing. It's pitiful.

My entire 'bit' is b/c of that. I am doing God's work here. I feel like half the fan base needs therapy for PTSD.
@Slackaveli

elksnort

I love the Razorbacks. I have been on this board awhile. Some folks on this board take themselves way too seriously.

One reason it's pitiful: if you got to beat out Indiana, Baylor or Memphis for an athlete, you might want to 're assess your recruiting goals.

elksnort

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 07:57:51 am
you and I , we are coolio in my book. Try to remember we are all Hog fans here.

I admit to having a lil schtick to my posting style- Wanna know why? B/C I HATE , i mean, HATE, the poorlilolearkinsaw thing. Why do I back the longshot? B/C I see people dismissing every unlikely thing, whether it's a coach or a recruit or a team we are playing, as IMPOSSIBLE b/c we are 'only arkansas'-; i see ninny arkie fans always woe-is-me-ing. It's pitiful.

My entire 'bit' is b/c of that. I am doing God's work here. I feel like half the fan base needs therapy for PTSD.
I live in eastern Arkansas and if this guy could help the Razorbacks I would love for him to go be a hog. I guess I'm just saying folks should not be bent out of shape if he doesn't want to be a hog

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: elksnort on December 18, 2017, 08:02:10 am
I live in eastern Arkansas and if this guy could help the Razorbacks I would love for him to go be a hog. I guess I'm just saying folks should not be bent out of shape if he doesn't want to be a hog
what can we do? I mean, most will just move on to the next one, and some will blame Bert. It certainly isnt on these coaches, they tried hard and actually made him reconsider.

I think will will still be fine @ QB, though. Next class we are going to be all over Gunnel. We have Hyatt and Kelley and Noland as well.
@Slackaveli

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Razorback de Nosferatu

Some of y'all act like the guy's already announced.

It's tomorrow, right?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on December 18, 2017, 09:01:50 am
Some of y'all act like the guy's already announced.

It's tomorrow, right?
yep. Im just reminding folks that I love Noland as a prospect b/c I already know the next thing they will be saying is i was promising bohanon (when ive actually predicted memphis) and hating on noland (which ive never done, i think he's a beast) b/c I had the nerve to want G-Bo.
@Slackaveli

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 08:04:50 am
what can we do? I mean, most will just move on to the next one, and some will blame Bert. It certainly isnt on these coaches, they tried hard and actually made him reconsider.

I think will will still be fine @ QB, though. Next class we are going to be all over Gunnel. We have Hyatt and Kelley and Noland as well.

We offered Thompson, but like many of these late offers, probably a too late to the party.  If we don't get GB, and I don't think we do, then Noland will most likely be the only QB in this class.

Pig in the Pokey

we'll be fine if thats the case, may even help us with gunnel. I love Noland and G-Bo, tho, and hate to lose either. We'll see tomorrow!

"The quarterback from Earle, Ark., recently stated his plans to announce a commitment Tuesday at 2 p.m. CT inside the gymnasium at Earle High School. He will be choosing between Arkansas, Baylor, Indiana and Memphis."
@Slackaveli

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 09:07:00 am
we'll be fine if thats the case, may even help us with gunnel. I love Noland and G-Bo, tho, and hate to lose either. We'll see tomorrow!

"The quarterback from Earle, Ark., recently stated his plans to announce a commitment Tuesday at 2 p.m. CT inside the gymnasium at Earle High School. He will be choosing between Arkansas, Baylor, Indiana and Memphis."

LSU is all in with Gunnell and I mean all in.  I want us to be all in with him as well.   If we miss out on GB then lets load up and go to Houston for a road trip.  Obviously we need to have options in 2019 on a QB but he is 1A and 1B in my book.  Kid is the real deal but then again I am kinda bias on this one.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BigSexyHog on December 18, 2017, 09:09:56 am

LSU is all in with Gunnell and I mean all in.  I want us to be all in with him as well.   If we miss out on GB then lets load up and go to Houston for a road trip.  Obviously we need to have options in 2019 on a QB but he is 1A and 1B in my book.  Kid is the real deal but then again I am kinda bias on this one.
he's a madman and would be our best ever QB commit on paper. Much needed as he is a double legacy.
@Slackaveli

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 18, 2017, 07:12:40 am
the coaches i know in east arkansas say Norvell will get him in the end.

I've never see Someone throw so much darn at the wall, yet for it to never stick