Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Long Term Plan

Started by Inhogswetrust, March 01, 2015, 07:51:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

I haven't seen anything posted about this but Jeff Long has started a "blog" type letter email called "A Long Term Plan". In it he will be discussing the Hogs and things going on in future letters. I received mine Friday but just read my email for the last few days. It was very informative and the part I found most interesting was this tibit:

"Allowing scholarships to include the so called "cost-of-attendance" funds will add approximately $4,000 to the full-scholarship of 250 students-athletes beginning with the 2015-16 academic year."

He also mentioned fan surveys helping make some decisions about the games experience for them. Good for him to do this type thing.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hawgzinbowlz

This letter is a new forum to communicate with Razorback supporters and will not be posted on social media/websites. It is a roadmap and vision plan that is being used to communicate with Razorback Fans locally, regionally and nationally.

Concession prices at several sports venues will be reduced.

The fact that The UofA is responding to the SEC survey and being proactive to improve the game day experience is a good thing.

Mr. Long noted the pride he has in working with some of the best Student-Athletes and Coaches in the world.

I appreciate the heads up about the many athletic fronts the UofA is working to improve.

" GO HOGS "

hawg1221

To me Jeff Long was a home run hire, then he made home run hires. This athletic program is about to take off in many areas.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on March 01, 2015, 09:12:58 am
This letter is a new forum to communicate with Razorback supporters and will not be posted on social media/websites. It is a roadmap and vision plan that is being used to communicate with Razorback Fans locally, regionally and nationally.

Concession prices at several sports venues will be reduced.

The fact that The UofA is responding to the SEC survey and being proactive to improve the game day experience is a good thing.

Mr. Long noted the pride he has in working with some of the best Student-Athletes and Coaches in the world.

I appreciate the heads up about the many athletic fronts the UofA is working to improve.

" GO HOGS "

I couldn't agree more. It is a great venue to use. It was also noteworthy of the reduced concession prices at some events.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawg1221 on March 02, 2015, 08:51:11 am
To me Jeff Long was a home run hire, then he made home run hires. This athletic program is about to take off in many areas.

Since his hiring it definitely has become a more "businesslike" approach. In light of the way things have changed with college athletics over the years that is a good thing for the department. That also is NOT intended to be a derogatory statement about the prior administration under Frank. He was great for his time as well. 

DeltaBoy

Jeff is earning my respect with this of information. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pigbacon

So $1M a year added to scholarships for student-athletes, but reducing the price of some concessions?

I wonder how the money will be distributed? I know it may sound like nitpicking, but hopefully their not going to hand over a lump sum of cash to these kids each year/semester in good faith that they'll spend it on travel expenses, etc. Lord knows I would've wasted it on something stupid had I had that kind of cash in hand at college.

razorzapp

Hopefully Coca Cola is in the Long Term Plan.

OldCoot

I strongly disagree with the pepsi contract.

I will concede that he has thrown away instant rash decisions and is building us up with a strong foundation.  We are on the cusp of being relevant in football and basketball again.

Do I think luck played a part on some of his hires? Yes.  But we have all had luck before.  Preparedness meets opportunity.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: razorzapp on March 02, 2015, 11:08:51 pm
Hopefully Coca Cola is in the Long Term Plan.
Amen my brother, I haven't bought a drink since they went to Pepsi!

goodguytex

There are plenty of Hog fans that were happy and thrilled when Long was hired, and brought petrino on board. Then they hated his guts, called him names like Yankee carpetbagger when he had to fire petrino then hire Smith. It's very gratifying to know all the patience and faith many of us had placed in him to do what is right for the athletic department is paying off.