Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it time for all programs to start cheating?

Started by mizzouman, February 27, 2015, 11:47:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Quote from: RT1941 on March 04, 2015, 03:49:55 pm
Are we talking about the souls of coaches/boosters/players/parents?  Or the soul of a regular old football fan/alum?  'Cause to be frankly honest I'd like to see UA win a national championship in my lifetime - hell I'd take a conference championship any ole day. 

If our folks have to bend the rules, and operate the system on the same playing field as the elite programs in order to field contenders on a consistant basis then so be it.  In fact I think it would do my soul good to experience my alma matre winning a football championship.  :)

Stay away from my program then. Find another....,

Mizzo, I guess I missed the time line when any University stopped cheating.  I offer they would have to stop completely to START again.

As for the NCAA.  We hire in a Kid to play a sport and immediately arrange his schedule whereby it best fits the University's profit margin and to hell with his ability to actually take a full study course and excel at that.  We eventually educate the Kid to a point where he realizes he is an asset, a number that can affect the bottom line.   He usually doesn't care because he just wants to play the game.  His ability to fully take advantage of his paycheck which is the  Education, is constantly influenced by his necessary requirements at all hours and times to be at work to some level or the other.  Again, the Kid usually doesn't care, he's a Kid that just wants to play.  Only years later when he has nothing but memories of his playing days, does he realize his primary reason of being selected to attend a particular college had nothing to do with anything other than providing income to assist paying overpaid employees, un-necessary employees and entertainment for the fans.

jesterzzn

Adopt NASCAR style rule audits.  The only teams that get investigated are teams that either are caught red-handed...or teams that win.

If you win a NC, you get audited by the NCAA and your championship only holds up after the audit.

jesterzzn

Quote from: mizzouman on February 27, 2015, 12:30:40 pm
Tells me that those who cheat have no soul.

Oh come on, not all cheaters are Asian.

southarkhog06

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 27, 2015, 01:10:58 pm
Oh you're right.  It does take a special kind of person to cheat at little league.  But they do constantly.  It's really dirty and has gotten worse.  Like I said, we did it one year and couldn't live with ourselves, and we weren't even doing it outlandishly.  We'd rather get a clean 2nd place than a dirty championship.
Yea ive never been around little league sports since my kids arent at that age yet and I cant really remember that far back in my own life, but this subject got me to thinking so I called up a buddy of mine who coaches 4th and 5th grade Basketball teams. My eyes were opened by the stories he told me. In addition to other teams stacking their teams in unscrupulous ways, They had to walk out of the gym on two occasions because the other teams coach had told his girls to foul so hard that my buddies girls couldnt or didnt want to play anymore.

southarkhog06

Quote from: MountieDawg on March 04, 2015, 02:44:32 pm
Jail Time for boosters... It 99.9 percent of the world its called Goodwill, charity or helping a person out... In the NCAA its called cheating... Luckily the NCAA doesn't own any jail cells.... The NCAA makes billions to have a Barney Fife type investigating officers... They get 99 percent of their info from reporters.
Im pretty sure for it to be goodwill, charity or kindness there has to be no demand/request for anything in return. If there is then its not goodwill its payment for a service which in the world of amatuer athletics is cheating. Being that you are a UK/CJC fanboy I can see how you could confuse this.