Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett and Texas Childrens Write up

Started by H-TownHawg, February 27, 2015, 10:06:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

H-TownHawg

Wanted to send this along regarding Mallett news

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/02-25-15-ryan-mallett-shows-heart-completely-with-houston-texans-in-hospital-visit-no-drama-free-agency/

FWIW, I spoke with Texans GM Rick Smith at a Rockets game ab 3 weeks ago.  I had a Razorback shirt on.  Rick came up said Mallett played his ass off in the Cleveland game.  Got hurt somewhere during that game and it obvi affected him against the Bengals following week. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: zsanfusa on February 27, 2015, 02:51:21 pm
I love the twitter pic of him crafting with the kids.  Mallett will always represent the best things about personal character to me (and screw ESPN for the character assassination; who didn't do things in college or that age that they regret).  What a Razorback!

Um...No.  He was a great Razorback, no doubt.  But I don't think while he was here he represented the best things about personal character.  Not even close.  Tyler Wilson would be more along those lines.

NVRyield

I'm proud of Ryan, he seems to get it now.  Hear's to a healthy year for a former Hog   :razorback:

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: H-TownHawg on February 27, 2015, 10:06:05 am
Wanted to send this along regarding Mallett news

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/sports/02-25-15-ryan-mallett-shows-heart-completely-with-houston-texans-in-hospital-visit-no-drama-free-agency/

FWIW, I spoke with Texans GM Rick Smith at a Rockets game ab 3 weeks ago.  I had a Razorback shirt on.  Rick came up said Mallett played his ass off in the Cleveland game.  Got hurt somewhere during that game and it obvi affected him against the Bengals following week. 

This article reads like someone on here last week was trying to tell you guys that is was a forgone conclusion that Mallett would be back with the Texans next year as the starter....

I believe that poster was SEASONHOG.

I still can't believe so many of you haven't figured out who seasonhog is......

Well....yes I can.

LMAO

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 27, 2015, 03:00:37 pm
Um...No.  He was a great Razorback, no doubt.  But I don't think while he was here he represented the best things about personal character.  Not even close.  Tyler Wilson would be more along those lines.

Tell me.....other than the one joke of an arrest.....exactly what did Ryan do to embarrass Arkansas? Telling Erin Andrews to go make him a sammich? Telling McShay to fetch him some water because he thought he was a waterboy at practice? Mentioning in an interview he had Johnny Cash on his ipod?

Mallett is awesome.

PRJ

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on February 27, 2015, 04:56:21 pm
Tell me.....other than the one joke of an arrest.....exactly what did Ryan do to embarrass Arkansas? Telling Erin Andrews to go make him a sammich? Telling McShay to fetch him some water because he thought he was a waterboy at practice? Mentioning in an interview he had Johnny Cash on his ipod?

Mallett is awesome.

PRJ

I love RM. I just don't thnk he's considered a high character guy.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 27, 2015, 04:57:44 pm

He should be......anybody that tells Todd McShay to fetch him water definitely knows how to judge folks......

PRJ

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on February 27, 2015, 05:06:43 pm
He should be......anybody that tells Todd McShay to fetch him water definitely knows how to judge folks......

PRJ

Got a pic taken with Snoop. You know the locals ain't cool with that. That means RM gotta be a gangsta.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: HSVhogfan2 on February 27, 2015, 05:19:04 pm
Got a pic taken with Snoop. You know the locals ain't cool with that. That means RM gotta be a gangsta.

He was just keeping Fayetteville funky. Now.....in Springdale, that might be a different story.

Lol

PRJ

seasonhog

February 28, 2015, 08:02:03 pm #9 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:21:33 pm by seasonhog
I love the twitter pic of him crafting with the kids.  Mallett will always represent the best things about personal character to me (and screw ESPN for the character assassination; who didn't do things in college or that age that they regret).  What a Razorback!

Just watch the tape once again...Mallett leading the Texans against the Browns, this guy is one heck of a QB.....why 3 yrs have been wasted is a shame.

Ryan will be a free agent in 10 days [ Mar 10 } can shop around the 7th.

Tennessee Titans with 44-60 Million in cap space
New York Jets
Cleveland Brown....53 M...cap space
Houston Texans....10 M...cap space

These teams & most likely others have interest in Ryan, as one can see Houston is at a disadvantage in cap space.

Last Tue, GM Smith & O'Brien was falling over each other talking up Ryan, made me think that they may lose Mallett and are trying to butter him up.

I still think Ryan will be the starting qb in Houston this fall....this is were Ryan want to play...and the best place for him...we will know in the next wk.

My guess is with the small amount of money the Texans have to work with.....that they are trying to get Ryan on the cheap.

So, with another team willing to give Mallett.....say 3 yrs at 25 million.....what would you do even if it meant been the back-up.....if the Texans were only offering, say one or two yrs at 4 million a yr.....the Brown just gave McCown 20 million for 3 yrs.

I don't think Houston will lose him even if they have to pony up more money.

hawgmasta

Yeah I think mallett knows Houston is the best spot for him and he's not gonna get an offer high enough they won't match.

razobak

It's a far cry from "Does anyone in here have a scantron for Ryan Mallett?" Having just spent two months in Houston listening to sports talk radio over there, they're all very hopeful about him as their starter for next season, and it's good to see that he's reciprocating some of that civic love.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

soccerrunner

Dallas is looking at him as Romo's backup.  Tony is 35 with an injury history.  Might not be a bad place to be for a starting job in the not too distant future.

HogNdazs

I appreciate what he did on the field for us and I do hope he has turned things around. But if you knew him when he went here he was FAR from what would be considered high character.

hawkhawg

Quote from: seasonhog on February 28, 2015, 08:02:03 pm
Mallett leading the Texans against the Browns, this guy is one heck of a QB.....why 3 yrs have been wasted is a shame.

Dont think playing under arguably the greatest football coach in history and  behind one of the top quarterbacks in history wasted time.

WorfHog

Quote from: soccerrunner on March 02, 2015, 11:21:05 am
Dallas is looking at him as Romo's backup.  Tony is 35 with an injury history.  Might not be a bad place to be for a starting job in the not too distant future.

If I were him I'd be tired of being the backup. Then again, a couple more years getting paid with minimal wear and you still have a long career in front of you. Tough choice for sure.

phadedhawg

I loved every moment that Ryan was on campus.  His treatment during media days was something to witness.  I think he came thru it fine.  I'm proud of him and hope he tears it up in Houston.

seasonhog

Quote from: hawgmasta on March 02, 2015, 03:36:07 am
Yeah I think mallett knows Houston is the best spot for him and he's not gonna get an offer high enough they won't match.

WR Johnson to be traded or cut..................will open up over 8 million in cap space.

DOGALUM

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 27, 2015, 04:57:44 pm
Yet you don't give a reason?   Considered by who?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 02, 2015, 11:17:40 pm
Yet you don't give a reason?   Considered by who?

By HawgNdaz.....he says so himself.

People just want to badmouth Ryan.

He is alright by me.

PRJ

OldCoot

Mallet was a kid then.  He was a fantastic spark for our program and has really turned into a good man.  I hope for many superbowls for him.

There was an ongoing joke around the message boards about him when he was playing.  It was an inside joke but was only for humor.  I have always wondered if THAT is what hurt him in the draft.  From the outside looking in it could have looked like it was serious.

HogNdazs

I'm not just out to bad mouth people, just saying from what I saw, and it was quite a bit, he was def not someone I would want my son to grow up and be. Just part of the discussion. I don't have anything against the guy and like I said I hope things have changed. But he did some pretty crappy stuff.

I did enjoy watching him on Saturdays and I appreciate what he did for the team though.

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on March 02, 2015, 11:44:18 pm
By HawgNdaz.....he says so himself.

People just want to badmouth Ryan.

He is alright by me.

PRJ

DOGALUM

Quote from: HogNdazs on March 03, 2015, 08:32:16 am
I'm not just out to bad mouth people, just saying from what I saw, and it was quite a bit, he was def not someone I would want my son to grow up and be. Just part of the discussion. I don't have anything against the guy and like I said I hope things have changed. But he did some pretty crappy stuff.

I did enjoy watching him on Saturdays and I appreciate what he did for the team though.

It seems that you are indeed just out to badmouth him.   It's very easy to come on here and question someone's character with general "if you knew what I know" and "if you saw what I saw" statements.  The positive theme of this thread has been backed up with specific "good deeds" done by Ryan.   If you want to continue to blast the guy.....then match with specifics.  Otherwise.....if you're not going to back up what you say......just STFU about it.   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: DOGALUM on March 03, 2015, 10:16:53 am
It seems that you are indeed just out to badmouth him.   It's very easy to come on here and question someone's character with general "if you knew what I know" and "if you saw what I saw" statements.  The positive theme of this thread has been backed up with specific "good deeds" done by Ryan.   If you want to continue to blast the guy.....then match with specifics.  Otherwise.....if you're not going to back up what you say......just STFU about it.   

He has nothing than I wouldn't want my kid hanging out with him.

He had one arrest. One. That's it. Other than telling ESPN personalities to fetch him water or go make him a sammich....which I find hilarious....what else...? Scantrons for Ryan? Posing with Snoop? Listening to folsom prison blues on his ipod?

He was a college kid. He wasn't no Jamies for sure.

PRJ

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on March 03, 2015, 11:29:11 am
He has nothing than I wouldn't want my kid hanging out with him.

He had one arrest. One. That's it. Other than telling ESPN personalities to fetch him water or go make him a sammich....which I find hilarious....what else...? Scantrons for Ryan? Posing with Snoop? Listening to folsom prison blues on his ipod?

He was a college kid. He wasn't no Jamies for sure.

PRJ

I didn't trash RM if you'd read my statement.  It was simple.  I don't think he's really considered a "high character" guy.  That was a direct response to someone claiming RM was the definition of how character should be or something.  I like RM.  I have been rooting for him in the pros.  I became a Texans fan because they gave him his shot before he got hurt.  I just think it's a stretch to consider him a "high character" guy.  He was a regular college student, no doubt.  But even if it's just one arrest, that basically negates the high character tag.  I'd say someone like Tyler Wilson, Kiero Small, etc would be our 'high character" guys.  But I still like Ryan. 

HogNdazs

Again, I get nothing out of just trying to bad mouth a former hog on our message board. Just wanted to bring my opinion to the discussing because I believe he was not the definition of high character. I don't hate him and i'm sure he is better, we all did stupid stuff. I'm not going to get in super specifics, this was a while ago, but it involved pills, thefts, and some things with women. Stuff I wouldn't want my son to do.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: HogNdazs on March 03, 2015, 11:51:10 am
Again, I get nothing out of just trying to bad mouth a former hog on our message board. Just wanted to bring my opinion to the discussing because I believe he was not the definition of high character. I don't hate him and i'm sure he is better, we all did stupid stuff. I'm not going to get in super specifics, this was a while ago, but it involved pills, thefts, and some things with women. Stuff I wouldn't want my son to do.

So now he is a thief, a rapist and addicted to hillbilly heroin? Gotcha....

Tell me....when is the last time you went and spent some time with sick children at a children's hospitial? I sure hope they hid all their jewelry, wimmens and pharmaceuticals when Ryan strolled in......

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 03, 2015, 11:41:37 am
I didn't trash RM if you'd read my statement.  It was simple.  I don't think he's really considered a "high character" guy.  That was a direct response to someone claiming RM was the definition of how character should be or something.  I like RM.  I have been rooting for him in the pros.  I became a Texans fan because they gave him his shot before he got hurt.  I just think it's a stretch to consider him a "high character" guy.  He was a regular college student, no doubt.  But even if it's just one arrest, that basically negates the high character tag.  I'd say someone like Tyler Wilson, Kiero Small, etc would be our 'high character" guys.  But I still like Ryan. 

I don't believe I was responding to you in that last post.....

Again...give me a specific on why the man wasn't high character.

And no beating around the bush with the Hillbilly heroin....Gun toting, wimmens raping, I shot a man in Winslow just to watch him die shenanigans.....

PRJ

HogNdazs

Woah there chief. Did you miss the part where I said i'm sure he is better now? Or did I say anything about rape or hillbilly heroin? (really I don't know what that means)  You just like to start stuff with people over the internet?
I am not saying he is Charles Manson, just did things I wouldn't want my kid to do.

And to your question my son spent 3 months in Little Rock hospital and I've gone back to visit multiple times and have donated money. They are awesome.

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on March 03, 2015, 12:11:42 pm
So now he is a thief, a rapist and addicted to hillbilly heroin? Gotcha....

Tell me....when is the last time you went and spent some time with sick children at a children's hospitial? I sure hope they hid all their jewelry, wimmens and pharmaceuticals when Ryan strolled in......

PRJ

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: HogNdazs on March 03, 2015, 12:21:48 pm
Woah there chief. Did you miss the part where I said i'm sure he is better now? Or did I say anything about rape or hillbilly heroin? (really I don't know what that means)  You just like to start stuff with people over the internet?
I am not saying he is Charles Manson, just did things I wouldn't want my kid to do.

And to your question my son spent 3 months in Little Rock hospital and I've gone back to visit multiple times and have donated money. They are awesome.

And you get a +1 from me on that last part........

Hillbilly heroin=oxycontin

PRJ

HogNdazs

Ah had no idea ha.

I'll just shut up now about this, I honestly didn't want to just bad mouth someone, just wanted to share what I saw.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on March 03, 2015, 12:14:28 pm
I don't believe I was responding to you in that last post.....

Again...give me a specific on why the man wasn't high character.

And no beating around the bush with the Hillbilly heroin....Gun toting, wimmens raping, I shot a man in Winslow just to watch him die shenanigans.....

PRJ

He was arrested for public intox.  That alone pretty much sends high character out the window. Again, I'm not saying he's a horrible person.  I was responding to this:

That seems to be a bit of a stretch.  That's all I'm saying.

grayhawg

All this and according to Bill Belichick he was a model citizen when he got to New England, now that's some turnaround and it was nearly overnight.

OldCoot

I still wish he would have turned his helmet sideways and looked through the hole at Andrews.  She was a total runt to him.

seasonhog

Just watch the tape once again...Mallett leading the Texans against the Browns, this guy is one heck of a QB.....why 3 yrs have been wasted is a shame.

Ryan will be a free agent in 10 days [ Mar 10 } can shop around the 7th.

Tennessee Titans with 44-60 Million in cap space
New York Jets
Cleveland Brown....53 M...cap space
Houston Texans....10 M...cap space

These teams & most likely others have interest in Ryan, as one can see Houston is at a disadvantage in cap space.

Last Tue, GM Smith & O'Brien was falling over each other talking up Ryan, made me think that they may lose Mallett and are trying to butter him up.

I still think Ryan will be the starting qb in Houston this fall....this is were Ryan want to play...and the best place for him...we will know in the next wk.

My guess is with the small amount of money the Texans have to work with.....that they are trying to get Ryan on the cheap.

So, with another team willing to give Mallett.....say 3 yrs at 25 million.....what would you do even if it meant been the back-up.....if the Texans were only offering, say one or two yrs at 4 million a yr.....the Brown just gave McCown 20 million for 3 yrs.

UPDATE;    3/8

NEW YORK JETS.........in play to aquire Ryan Mallett or Brian Hoyer.... Houston Texans also has interest in Hoyer along with trying to keep Mallett.

As i posting last week...I think Houston is trying to keep Ryan on the cheap...this is why Hoyer name is in the dicussion......they may lose him to the Jets over a better contract.

I hope Houston realize that Mallett is the future and come up with the money.

Should know any time in the next 2 days.

Hogarusa

I know the NFL is always QB overpaying hungry but surely there is no team in their right mind who would be willing to give a QB with 2 career starts $8 million a year.  The Hoyer and Texans news is pretty interesting.  If i were Mallett, i would love the opportunity to throw to Decker and Marshall in New York.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

seasonhog

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 08, 2015, 07:54:58 pm
I know the NFL is always QB overpaying hungry but surely there is no team in their right mind who would be willing to give a QB with 2 career starts $8 million a year.  The Hoyer and Texans news is pretty interesting.  If i were Mallett, i would love the opportunity to throw to Decker and Marshall in New York.

A source said the Jets would offer Mallett a reasonable contract......I would guess around 4 to 6 million...per season.

Mallett to the Jets... maybe is to put pressure on Houston for a better contract.....all about the dollar...

seasonhog

Quote from: seasonhog on March 08, 2015, 08:31:30 pm

A source said the Jets would offer Mallett a reasonable contract......I would guess around 4 to 6 million...per season.

Mallett to the Jets... maybe is to put pressure on Houston for a better contract.....all about the dollar...

3/9

Mallett and Hoyer to sign with Houston......

Mallett..      2. Years........7 million.....

hoghearted

So that means Mallett and Hoyer in a battle for starting position?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

OldCoot

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 03, 2015, 12:27:09 pm
He was arrested for public intox.  That alone pretty much sends high character out the window. Again, I'm not saying he's a horrible person.  I was responding to this:

That seems to be a bit of a stretch.  That's all I'm saying.

Public Intox from a college kid means they have low character?  Wow.  I guess even Noah wouldn't be a high character guy in your book.  God gave him what was basically a public intox and I think he turned out alright.

PorkRinds

Quote from: OldCoot on March 17, 2015, 08:12:39 am
Public Intox from a college kid means they have low character?  Wow.  I guess even Noah wouldn't be a high character guy in your book.  God gave him what was basically a public intox and I think he turned out alright.

Um...you just compared Ryan Mallett to....NOAH!  C'mon.  That's dumb.

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 17, 2015, 08:26:27 am

The dude listens to Johnny Cash....that is high character to me. I don't need to hear anything other than that and he was a Hog. He has plenty enough of high character to me....

You know that I shot a man in Reno...Just to watch him die is the hardest lyric ever written? Gangsta rappers, no matter how hard they tried, could never touch that line......

Just to watch him die.

PRJ

OldCoot

Quote from: PorkRinds on March 17, 2015, 08:26:27 am

Ryans story isnt over yet, you never know. 

Noah got cooter brown drunk and God called him on it.  How did his character turn out?  You cannot judge someone based on a kid mistake.  THAT'S DUMB.