Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jemal Singleton press conference video: This guy has future head coach written all over him!

Started by RedSkiesAtNightHog, February 26, 2015, 05:56:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Coach Singleton's press conference is at the end of the video after Coach Bielema.  This is a super impressive hire! Coach B clearly has an impressive network of contacts in the coaching profession! 

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/video/54ef9e02e4b0d54ef1cd8f38

Hawgzinbowlz

Sir Oinksalot

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

tusksincolorado

Its amazing how we went from Coach Nuttless and The MSM too...

The Harley ridin' Chick Cruiser too...

The Coach who thought he was at Alabama too...

This impressive HC and his outstanding coaching Staff!

GO HAWGS!!!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

mhuff

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on February 26, 2015, 05:56:20 pm
Coach Singleton's press conference is at the end of the video after Coach Bielema.  This is a super impressive hire! Coach B clearly has an impressive network of contacts in the coaching profession! 

Thanks

lookawayquick

Impressive guy. Don't have any doubt he will be a strong recruiter of uncommon men. Refreshing.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on February 26, 2015, 05:56:20 pm

Singleton was very composed, well spoken, handles the media very well and seems to understand what it requires to recruit young men who are not only good athletes, but young men of character and discipline as well. I think he is a good fit with this staff. Now let's see what improvements he can make in our backfield and in ST's.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoggish1

Quote from: tusksincolorado on February 26, 2015, 07:49:57 pm
Its amazing how we went from Coach Nuttless and The MSM too...

The Harley ridin' Chick Cruiser too...

The Coach who thought he was at Alabama too...

This impressive HC and his outstanding coaching Staff!

GO HAWGS!!!  :razorback:

^ very amazing indeed.

verticalhog

Coach Singleton is an impressive man who will be a head coach some day.  Welcome, Coach!

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Hawgey-Davidson

WOW. This guy is gonna be a huge asset to our program. Imagine this guy in your living room recruiting your son.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: verticalhog on February 26, 2015, 09:00:20 pm
Coach Singleton is an impressive man who will be a head coach some day.  Welcome, Coach!

Yelp....I think CBB is building a very solid coaching tree.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

deedster84

I may be wrong but I believe this is the first time CBB has singled out a coach as special teams coordinator.

goodguytex

Quote from: deedster84 on February 26, 2015, 11:51:24 pm
I may be wrong but I believe this is the first time CBB has singled out a coach as special teams coordinator.
That caught my attention too. Our Special teams since bielema has been at Arkansas have had some flashes of good things, but overall haven't exactly been as solid all the way through like we would like to see. Hopefully Coach Singleton can get them really doing well, and make them an asset to the team again.

Inhogswetrust

Any coach that has the intestinal fortitude to jump out of a perfectly good airplane not once, not twice but 5 times is O.K. in my book................

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bhshawgfan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2015, 09:01:40 am
Any coach that has the intestinal fortitude to jump out of a perfectly good airplane not once, not twice but 5 times is O.K. in my book................

pretty sure John L had a hobby of skydiving every year

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bhshawgfan on February 27, 2015, 11:28:47 am
pretty sure John L had a hobby of skydiving every year

I think he did once..................without a parachute......................... ;)
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Tequilin' Time

Welcome to the HILL coach!   

Love the AF Academy background,  obvious intelligence and the charisma at handling the media is awesome.  Can't wait to see what he does with our RBs.

OldCoot

He said he had 20 or 30 people on his list and was talking to an old friend, a previous coach maybe from Air Force.  The coach asked him, "oh, you are looking for a RB coach?",,,,,have I got the man for you.  Can't recall which guy told BB this but it was obvious he put a lot of worth to that mans word.  He basically hired Singleton before he even met him.  Said when he finally sat down with him, it confirmed who he was going to hire.

Singleton has work ethic written all over his resume.  He has built himself up in every area of his life and seems like he could be a long term guy here until he wants to move up to a head job.  Or he could go down as one of the best coordinators in football, like Monte Kiffin.

Peter Porker

Quote from: OldCoot on February 28, 2015, 08:54:27 am
He said he had 20 or 30 people on his list and was talking to an old friend, a previous coach maybe from Air Force.  The coach asked him, "oh, you are looking for a RB coach?",,,,,have I got the man for you.  Can't recall which guy told BB this but it was obvious he put a lot of worth to that mans word.  He basically hired Singleton before he even met him.  Said when he finally sat down with him, it confirmed who he was going to hire.

Singleton has work ethic written all over his resume.  He has built himself up in every area of his life and seems like he could be a long term guy here until he wants to move up to a head job.  Or he could go down as one of the best coordinators in football, like Monte Kiffin.

Troy Calhoun.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HogShat

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2015, 09:01:40 am

There is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane.... ;)