Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema PC

Started by ricepig, February 26, 2015, 01:23:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper2

Let's not give BB credit where Arkansas law deserves it.  Taking his car really isn't being stern in this case!!

ricepig

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:37:02 pm
Let's not give BB credit where Arkansas law deserves it.  Taking his car really isn't being stern in this case!!

You can get a restricted license, lots of people do.

Cooper2

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2015, 09:35:19 pm

Hmm, you sure? It seems you jumped it forward a little to quick.
http://www.duiarresthelp.com/states/arkansas/dwi-first-offense.php
That's true for DWI, but not DUI for a minor.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:37:02 pm

Hmmmm,.....
"Upon being arrested for a first offense DWI in Arkansas the arresting officer will confiscate your driver's license and issue you a Notice of Suspension/Revocation of your driving privileges. This notice will allow you to continue driving for the next 30 days and on the 31st day the notice will be enforced and you will not be able to legally drive."
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Cooper2

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 09:39:25 pm
Hmmmm,.....
"Upon being arrested for a first offense DWI in Arkansas the arresting officer will confiscate your driver's license and issue you a Notice of Suspension/Revocation of your driving privileges. This notice will allow you to continue driving for the next 30 days and on the 31st day the notice will be enforced and you will not be able to legally drive."
not a minor

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:31:41 pm
His license is suspended for 6 month's automatically when he blew above the legal limit. Going before the judge has nothing to do with it.
That's Arkansas Law. BB can take the car, but the state of Arkansas took the keys!!

So your saying that the DMV stripped him of his privileges before his formal hearing? What happens if the case is thrown out on a technicality? Or he wins his case?

Are you saying that the DMV will reinstate his license? What compensation will the State give him? If this happened to a independent truck driver he would lose his living. Some Agency would be obligated to compensate for his lost earnings.

Doesn't seem right to me...and if that's the case...when the Arkansas become a communist State?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 26, 2015, 05:47:39 pm
Singleton said the first staff meeting he attended was 45 minutes devoted to academics.
That impressed him.

I got the impression that they didn't spend a lot of time on that at Okie St.

Mike, do you get the sense with this hire and a couple of the past ones (Segrest, Hargreaves, etc) that Bielema places the most emphasis on how a coach will fit among the staff and the culture he's trying to create? None of these guys appear to be A+ recruiters based on track record, but do appear to have good personal reputations. On another note, what do you make of the 1-year contract? Is this a trial run for Singleton?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:42:36 pm
not a minor

At time of the arrest the officer may confiscate your drivers license and issue a temporary 30-day driving permit. Even if you are a minor.according to the State of Arkansas.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

usf15cc

All i care about is that coach B has some backbone. Which is more then i can say about alot of coaches out there..... Saint Gus.

ChiTown27

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 26, 2015, 04:07:45 pm
Over the last few years, I have slowly placed more emphasis on running a program the right way and less on winning at any cost.  Not long ago, I would have operated in the gray, if not in the dark gray.  I don't know if it because I'm getting older or because of CBB.  Maybe a little of both I suppose.  Go Hogs !

I think because we've gotten used to seeing the "dark gray" around college football that it's refreshing to see a coach serve as a real leader and not just as a highly-paid yard barker. We've had the "get your piss hot" kind, the "Stalinist Russian dictator" kind, the "I called that play, brutha....rahhh rahhh" kind, and the "I'd rather be golfing back in South Carolina" kind. We haven't had a coach of this caliber in 20+ years. I admire the guy, and Jeff Long. The total state of our athletic program is nearing the best its ever been.
"A government that robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul."

George Bernard Shaw

PorkRinds

His license is suspended for 6 month's automatically when he blew above the legal limit. Going before the judge has nothing to do with it.
That's Arkansas Law. BB can take the car, but the state of Arkansas took the keys!!

You realize a suspended license doesn't actually keep him from driving, right?  So CBB took his car so he cannot drive, even if it's illegally.  LOTS of people drive on suspended licenses, that's why there is a law against it. 

idochog

At least CBB didn't take a vote on what the seniors would do or apologize for them......
I love Jesus!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LittlePigMan on February 26, 2015, 03:46:10 pm
A coach calling a player mom?  I doubt it.

I don't. As a matter of fact I know a certain former good Hog coach that talked to parents quite a bit when needed.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

justmakeit2thebcs

February 27, 2015, 09:11:34 am #63 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:32:05 pm by justmakeit2thebcs
You are full of BS...

"If you are arrested and refuse to take the test, the officer should tell you that you will lose your license for at least 180 days. At that point, you could still take a test. If you don't, however, the officer will take your license. In its place, he or she must give you a receipt that you can use as a temporary permit for 30 days and instructions on how to request a hearing. At the hearing, you can discuss whether you refused to take the test and whether you knew the consequences of a refusal. After the hearing, the suspension of your license will either be confirmed or rescinded.  See Arkansas Code Annotated 5-65-402"

If you listen to the press conference, CBB said Tevin could still drive to practice and to class.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 26, 2015, 06:03:53 pm
Correct. But, it is notable, to me at least...especially considering how he kicked Flynn off the team. There is tons of talk about all our players being "uncommon" and how Bielema won't put up with up this type of stuff.

Obviously, Beanum is going to get a second chance. So does that mean the next time this happens that guy will get a 2nd chance as well? I'm going to assume so....not sure what happened in Flynns situation.

Do I think he should've been kicked off the team? Absolutely not. Of course I'm just a fan who wants to see the Hogs win...I don't care how we do it. I don't know of any other head coach that would boot a player in this instance, but going off everything you read it seems like Bielema has a zero tolerance for BS. Hell, he threatened to kick Alex Collins off the team his freshman year if he celebrated excessively again. I'm just trying to put two and two together considering his discipline policies. Obviously a lot of what you read on here doesn't add up (shocker I know).

No matter what you say about "how we do it" I and MOST fans do not want a win at all cost mentality. IF you win like that then you don't really win..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jkstock04

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 27, 2015, 09:13:41 am
No matter what you say about "how we do it" I and MOST fans do not want a win at all cost mentality. IF you win like that then you don't really win..........................
I completely agree with your first sentence. Where did I say anything to the contrary? Or did you just feel like calling me out for no reason?

It's not only Hog fans that feel this way, but the university as well. Essentially, how things are done are just as important, if not more than important than results. That's not the way things work in the real world, but concerning our athletics program and our states view of the athletic program...I agree, it absolutely is....& this is just one more reason why we have an uphill climb playing in the SEC. Cause I promise you, our opponents don't operate this way.

To your second sentence...that all depends on your definition of "win." Cause from my reality, I see cheaters "win" all the time. People who lie, cheat, and steal. Presidents, congressmen, judges, big time CEO's, priests, ministers, legendary sports figures...etc ect ect. Is it right? NO! But it's the world I live in.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 27, 2015, 01:30:43 pm
I completely agree with your first sentence. Where did I say anything to the contrary? Or did you just feel like calling me out for no reason?

It's not only Hog fans that feel this way, but the university as well. Essentially, how things are done are just as important, if not more than important than results. That's not the way things work in the real world, but concerning our athletics program and our states view of the athletic program...I agree, it absolutely is....& this is just one more reason why we have an uphill climb playing in the SEC. Cause I promise you, our opponents don't operate this way.

To your second sentence...that all depends on your definition of "win." Cause from my reality, I see cheaters "win" all the time. People who lie, cheat, and steal. Presidents, congressmen, judges, big time CEO's, priests, ministers, legendary sports figures...etc ect ect. Is it right? NO! But it's the world I live in.

I called you out for what you posted that I bolded. I reads that part as you having a win at all cost mentality and you now contradict that. That's fine though.