Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema PC

Started by ricepig, February 26, 2015, 01:23:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Tweets from it:

Coach Bielema begins his press conference praising the family atmosphere at Arkansas and wishing both basketball programs continued success

Coach B: It's great to see Mike (Anderson) and his team doing well. He sent me texts when things weren't going well over here.

Coach B: When Joel Thomas left, I singled on hiring a RB coach - Coach Calhoun at Air Force recommended him.

Coach B: I sit down with him Monday and it was an easy decision.

Bielema: Had a list of 23 coaches at one point. Singleton zoomed past the rest of them. #WPS

Coach B: Will have pro day here next Wednesday. AJ Derby will run then

Bielema: Troy Calhoun at Air Force spoke to me at the rules committee mtgs. Said he had the perfect RB/ST coach for us (@CoachSings).

Coach B: We will start practice on Monday, March 16. Really excited about it

Coach B: Kevin Richardson (shoulder surgery) and Sleep McKinney will be limited.

Coach B: Dan Skipper broke a bone in his hand during season and will be ready for spring practice

Coach B: Arkansas will get in 3 practices before spring break, 12 practices afterwards

Bielema: Our early enrollees have fit right in. Seamless transition athletically, academically and socially.

Coach B: Will Gragg has been very, very impressive

Coach B: Coach Segrest will handle Ps and Ks, Coach Singleton will coordinate special teams and I will oversee just as on offense & defense

Coach B: (OC) Dan (Enos) has really meshed well. Mirroring with how (DC) Robb (Smith) did last season

Bielema: Coach Singleton told me 'They say football isn't rocket science. I know. I've been in a rocket science class.'

Coach B: We lost some really quality players (on defense). Maybe improvement in 2-3 guys come together to replace one's production.

Coach B: Tevin Beanum has been a huge asset to our program. He is going through counseling. I called him mom and have taken away his car.

Coach B: We have had added some physical things to what he (Beanum) is going through now.

Bielema: I want to teach our players that everything is earned - positive and negative. It's a privilege to be part of this program.

Coach B: I have suspended Jojo Robinson, but he will be back Sunday. Will be suspending someone else Thursday for missing a class

Bielema: Last week I removed Jojo Robinson from the program. If that behavior happens again then there are consequences.

Bielema: Jojo will be reinstated next week if he follows protocol.

Coach B: We decided to offer probably 35 kids this morning after going through a process.

ricepig

Coach B: Wanted to stress that Beanum had been a model citizen up to this weekend.

Coach B: Sebastian Tretola has lost 46 pounds since arriving here. He is running around like a Freak Show out there

Bielema: Denver Kirkland and Sebastian Tretola look the way they are supposed to look and are really running around well

Bielema: JaMichael Winston has jumped out to me and Deatrich Wise looks really good.

Coach Bielema says Bijohn Jackson is down to 332 now

Coach Bielema's press conference had wrapped up. Next up is new RB coach and Special Teams Coordinator, Jemal Singleton.

Coach Singleton: The fact that there are two 1,000 yard rushers here to work with was big and also to be special teams coordinator

Singleton: Bielema is a guy I fit with philosophy wise. I really believe in the kind of players he recruits & the way he builds his program

Singleton: It all starts with taking care of the football. If you don't take care of the football then you don't play

Coach Singleton: Definitely got a great feel for the Razorbacks  while stationed at LR AFB in 2001-2003 - came to see Arkansas play Boise St

Coach Singleton: I was going to be a fighter pilot. I liked flying, but I loved coaching.

Singleton: The thing I learned most from legendary Air Force coach Fisher DeBerry was how to develop the person not just the football player

Singleton: This is an opportunity for me to coach in the best conference in college football

Coach Singleton: Glad to already have a relationship with (Arkansas TB signee) Rawleigh Williams - who is a great young man that I recruited

Singleton: I've had a chance to briefly speak with some of our players but hope to get to know them a lot more in the near future

Fort Dweller

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2015, 01:32:03 pm
Coach B: Sebastian Tretola has lost 46 pounds since arriving here. He is running around like a Freak Show out there

Bielema: Denver Kirkland and Sebastian Tretola look the way they are supposed to look and are really running around well

Oh my
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

younghog

keep info coming

GO HOGS
GO HOGS

PaintballHog

Very interested in who takes the reigns on defense as the leader.

JackJohnson

absolutely LOVE the way CBB handles/treats his players.  Accountability in the ultimate team game is so crucial- esp in the offseason when you really get your development which is what makes CBB such a great coach

HogShat

He is going through counseling. I called him mom and have taken away his car.

^^This...

PorkRinds

Quote from: HogShat on February 26, 2015, 02:55:24 pm

^^This...

CBB treats these boys like he's their daddy.  Screw up in your car, I'll take it away and call your mom.  I like it.

COCHISE

Bijhon is down to 332...:)

flagstaffhog

What I read about our program, the players and coaching staff, almost seems too good to be true. This is very exciting time to be a Razorback fan. I truly believe that good times are just around the corner...
Go HOGS Go!

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: flagstaffhog on February 26, 2015, 03:09:26 pm
What I read about our program, the players and coaching staff, almost seems too good to be true. This is very exciting time to be a Razorback fan. I truly believe that good times are just around the corner...

Agree in full!  Go Hogs!

PORKULATOR

I love our programs right now. All of em.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

CabotHog87

idochog

Anyone want to gripe about CBB raise. I think we got an awesome guy as HC.

Props to JL for pulling this off
I love Jesus!

Hoggish1

^^This...

Yeah.  Have we ever seen that from a HC?  Awesome!

DeltaBoy

Brent doesn't play ! He is a Serious man when it comes to DO RIGHT!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LittlePigMan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 26, 2015, 03:32:14 pm
Yeah.  Have we ever seen that from a HC?  Awesome!

A coach calling a player mom?  I doubt it.

supersaint

I'd hate for someone to call me "mom", then take my car.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Paul

Quote from: flagstaffhog on February 26, 2015, 03:09:26 pm
I think good times are already here

justmakeit2thebcs

Over the last few years, I have slowly placed more emphasis on running a program the right way and less on winning at any cost.  Not long ago, I would have operated in the gray, if not in the dark gray.  I don't know if it because I'm getting older or because of CBB.  Maybe a little of both I suppose.  Go Hogs !

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Paul on February 26, 2015, 04:00:57 pm
I think good times are already here

No doubt.  This past season was fun.  There was a rough patch in the middle but you learn more about your players and coaches from that than some winning streak  Was there a better time in the last X years than beating LSU.  Look at the joy on the players and fans faces.  Their hard work paid off.  Then beat down of LSU and stomping Texas.  Yes good times are already here.  Got a great coach, a real coach that is old school in regards to it being as much about the players and not as much about him, his popularity, his pay or his next job.

Beanum screwed up but it's the exception not the rule for this program and kudos to coach for disciplining the kid but also taking care of him and in the long run doing what is best for TB.

Love this RB coach hire and you can easily see how he can easily fit in with what BB is doing here.  I think Enos, and Singleton, will give that spark and energy to the offense that Smith did to the defense.  Football is going to be very fun at the UofA for the foreseeable future.  We may not win every game but I'm betting we still enjoy the ride just like we did this season and will be immensely proud of our players and coaches.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ThundrHawg

What did JoJo get in trouble for?

ricepig

Quote from: ThundrHawg on February 26, 2015, 04:53:06 pm
What did JoJo get in trouble for?

For not following the rules.

ThundrHawg

ricepig

Quote from: ThundrHawg on February 26, 2015, 04:56:58 pm
staggering insight

Yeah, it's amazing what you can come up with when you read.

jkstock04

Interesting to me that Beanum did not get kicked off the team.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 26, 2015, 05:24:49 pm
Why would he get kicked off the team?  As far as I know this is his first time in trouble, right?   

hawginbigd1

Quote from: supersaint on February 26, 2015, 03:47:03 pm
I'd hate for someone to call me "mom", then take my car.
+1 LOL

ricepig

Why?

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 26, 2015, 04:13:10 pm
...  This past season was fun...

Yes, it was. The trip to NRG was the culmination of a growing process and it pointed toward a brighter future.
CBB is the right guy for The Hogs.

" GO HOGS "

Hawgzinbowlz

He hasn't crossed the final line that CBB sets. Until he does he's a Hog and if he crosses that line, he's gone.
CBB is both fair and firm.

" GO HOGS "

Mike Irwin

Singleton said the first staff meeting he attended was 45 minutes devoted to academics.
That impressed him.

I got the impression that they didn't spend a lot of time on that at Okie St.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hog Fan from Camden on February 26, 2015, 05:33:09 pm
Why would he get kicked off the team?  As far as I know this is his first time in trouble, right?   
Correct. But, it is notable, to me at least...especially considering how he kicked Flynn off the team. There is tons of talk about all our players being "uncommon" and how Bielema won't put up with up this type of stuff.

Obviously, Beanum is going to get a second chance. So does that mean the next time this happens that guy will get a 2nd chance as well? I'm going to assume so....not sure what happened in Flynns situation.

Do I think he should've been kicked off the team? Absolutely not. Of course I'm just a fan who wants to see the Hogs win...I don't care how we do it. I don't know of any other head coach that would boot a player in this instance, but going off everything you read it seems like Bielema has a zero tolerance for BS. Hell, he threatened to kick Alex Collins off the team his freshman year if he celebrated excessively again. I'm just trying to put two and two together considering his discipline policies. Obviously a lot of what you read on here doesn't add up (shocker I know).
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dwight_K_Shrute

Zero Tolerance means that BS won't go on without consequences, not that the consequence always has to be getting kicked off the team. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: MrKnowItAll on February 26, 2015, 05:53:23 pm
Bret Bielema Uncut Interview 2-26

http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/bret-bielema-uncut-interview-2-26/28820/cSpi_qoWB0SmQEM0Ba4FxQ
Thanks for the link.
Along with CBBs interview I was very impressed with Coach Singleton's interview.
I'm hearing the right things from CJS and am optimistic that his on the field contributions will be excellent.

" GO HOGS "

DLUXHOG

It is so obvious that CBB has the goal of bringing a NC in football back to the You of A....  WPS.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 26, 2015, 06:03:53 pm
Correct. But, it is notable, to me at least...especially considering how he kicked Flynn off the team. There is tons of talk about all our players being "uncommon" and how Bielema won't put up with up this type of stuff.

Obviously, Beanum is going to get a second chance. So does that mean the next time this happens that guy will get a 2nd chance as well? I'm going to assume so....not sure what happened in Flynns situation.

Do I think he should've been kicked off the team? Absolutely not. Of course I'm just a fan who wants to see the Hogs win...I don't care how we do it. I don't know of any other head coach that would boot a player in this instance, but going off everything you read it seems like Bielema has a zero tolerance for BS. Hell, he threatened to kick Alex Collins off the team his freshman year if he celebrated excessively again. I'm just trying to put two and two together considering his discipline policies. Obviously a lot of what you read on here doesn't add up (shocker I know).

Maybe there is more to Flynn's situation than you/we know? It's obvious that he gives second chances, just look at Korliss, and it's also obvious that he doesn't give much more.

southeasthog

FAYETTEVILLE — Defensive end Austin Flynn will not be with the Arkansas football program next season.

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema revealed that the senior is transferring during an appearance at the White County Razorback Club meeting in Searcy on Monday night, according to Hawgs Illustrated. Flynn was arrested last month for driving while intoxicated, but Bielema said his departure was because of academic reasons.

"There are not a lot of options for a senior," Bielema told Hawgs Illustrated. "We did everything we could for him academically. We'll help him with options."

Seems it was academics and not the DWI.

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/blog/robbies-hog-blog/bielema-defensive-end-austin-flynn-transferring.html#sthash.WdCzWZgZ.dpuf

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

jkstock04

Quote from: southeasthog on February 26, 2015, 08:06:59 pm
FAYETTEVILLE — Defensive end Austin Flynn will not be with the Arkansas football program next season.

Arkansas coach Bret Bielema revealed that the senior is transferring during an appearance at the White County Razorback Club meeting in Searcy on Monday night, according to Hawgs Illustrated. Flynn was arrested last month for driving while intoxicated, but Bielema said his departure was because of academic reasons.

"There are not a lot of options for a senior," Bielema told Hawgs Illustrated. "We did everything we could for him academically. We'll help him with options."

Seems it was academics and not the DWI.

http:// [[[Stop spamming your site, Eric.]]] .com/blog/robbies-hog-blog/bielema-defensive-end-austin-flynn-transferring.html#sthash.WdCzWZgZ.dpuf

Thanks for the link. That makes more sense in light of this situation...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OTTER

When you going to figure this out?   You seem to be a bit slow on the uptake! 
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Cooper2

^^This...
Pretty certain that his license has been suspended for at least 6 month's with the DUI. Taking his car really doesn't do anything here except get BB a undeserved pat on the back.

ricepig

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:14:34 pm
Pretty certain that his license has been suspended for at least 6 month's with the DUI. Taking his car really doesn't do anything here except get BB a undeserved pat on the back.

He's already had his court date, wow, talking about a speedy trial.........

Cooper2

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2015, 09:16:46 pm
Not having been to court doesn't have anything to do with it. I assure you his license was taken and not given back. Driver control will be sending him a letter and informing him that it has been taken and they are suspended for 6months.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2015, 09:16:46 pm

Right! The kid may have the opportunity in 6 months to regain his priviledges, but then the CBB rules might kick in for another 6 months of no driving.

This Staff impresses me every day!

GO HAWGS!!!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

RAD

Or taking his car is to lower the chances of him driving period and staying out of trouble on that front, whether his license is suspended or not until then.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:19:59 pm
Not having been to court doesn't have anything to do with it. I assure you his license was taken and not given back. Driver control will be sending him a letter and informing him that it has been taken and they are suspended for 6months.

If I'm correct...only a State Trooper can take away a license immediately at the scene, but only a judge can take away your priviledges.

Everybody, in this Country, has the right to a trial, and presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Cooper2

Quote from: tusksincolorado on February 26, 2015, 09:27:16 pm
If I'm correct...only a State Trooper can take away a license immediately, but only a judge can take away your priviledges.

Everybody, in this Country, has the right to a trial, and presumed innocent until proven guilty.
His license is suspended for 6 month's automatically when he blew above the legal limit. Going before the judge has nothing to do with it.
That's Arkansas Law. BB can take the car, but the state of Arkansas took the keys!!

ricepig

Quote from: Cooper2 on February 26, 2015, 09:31:41 pm
His license is suspended for 6 month's automatically when he blew above the legal limit. Going before the judge has nothing to do with it.
That's Arkansas Law. BB can take the car, but the state of Arkansas took the keys!!

Hmm, you sure? It seems you jumped it forward a little to quick.
http://www.duiarresthelp.com/states/arkansas/dwi-first-offense.php