Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jojo Robinson

Started by GrizzlyRider07, February 26, 2015, 01:21:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzlyRider07

Coach said he has been removed from the program and that his he follows protocol then he can be reinstated next week!
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

PorkRinds

So he's suspended.  Hopefully he gets it together and gets back to doing work.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Don't see this as a big deal. Did the same with Gaines and now he expects Gaines to be the leader in the Secondary.

GrizzlyRider07

I agree, just passing along some info from the press conference.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

PorkRinds

My guess is he is either missing classes or missing workouts.

hoggusamoungus

jbcarol

Eric Bolin @ericwbolin  ·  16 minutes ago

JoJo Robinson was taken out of the program recently, Bielema said. He'll return to team Sunday.

To be clear: Robinson isn't "off the team." But he certainly got in trouble and was temporarily suspended.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

"Another player" will be suspended for missing class, too. Bielema didn't say who yet cause player hasn't been notified.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

JackJohnson

can't miss workouts and can't miss class...I LOVE the accountability. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 26, 2015, 01:24:24 pm
Don't see this as a big deal. Did the same with Gaines and now he expects Gaines to be the leader in the Secondary.
If he does not what he's supposed to do it won't be a big deal.  If this becomes chronic it will be.

Hogeration

Quote from: jbcarol on February 26, 2015, 01:35:15 pm

"Another player" will be suspended for missing class, too. Bielema didn't say who yet cause player hasn't been notified.

I'm not sure who that player is, but one of our players did tweet out the other day how he couldn't get to class because he had no way of getting there.  The shuttle bus wasn't running from his apartment and he had no car.  If he is the one, I don't expect his punishment will be long because it seems like a valid excuse.

Peter Porker

Coach Bielema mentioned cleaning up Florida recruiting. Sounds like we have some character issues with some Florida guys, but I could be reading that wrong.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Whatever the problem is, he needs to get it fixed & not let it happen again.  Coach doesn't put up with rule breakers very long.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

WooPig90

Quote from: Hogeration on February 26, 2015, 02:58:48 pm
I'm not sure who that player is, but one of our players did tweet out the other day how he couldn't get to class because he had no way of getting there.  The shuttle bus wasn't running from his apartment and he had no car.  If he is the one, I don't expect his punishment will be long because it seems like a valid excuse.

That was J-Will, but I think in cases like that it is a little different

BearsBisonsBoars

Sometimes you need someone to kick your tail to get you to do right.

If you're like me, you need to have it kicked a couple dozen times before the lesson sinks in  :razorback: :razorback:

jgphillips3

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 03:08:49 pm
Coach Bielema mentioned cleaning up Florida recruiting. Sounds like we have some character issues with some Florida guys, but I could be reading that wrong.

When did he say that?

ricepig

(notOM)Rebel123

Overreact much? I think you are assuming too much.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

MuskogeeHogFan

It was about "who" is going to be responsible for "what" in terms of recruiting in Florida, not that we had any issues with players. This is how inaccurate rumors get started.
Go Hogs Go!

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 26, 2015, 08:11:57 pm
It was about "who" is going to be responsible for "what" in terms of recruiting in Florida, not that we had any issues with players. This is how inaccurate rumors get started.

^^^ This^^^
As Boz Skaggs sang,....
Jojo dig those spinning lights
Way out games and dizzy heights below him
Man is worth loving
Jojo dig those Broadway nights
Flashy lines, you know him....

It's all good. No need to make it more than it is

la20688

Once they put that Hog on, they're all Arkansas kids....and yes, you're reading it wrong.

twistitup

Dammit JoJo, get your head on straight
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: twistitup on February 26, 2015, 08:20:15 pm
Dammit JoJo, get your head on straight

Get back, Jo!
.....or was it Loretta?

Peter Porker

Quote from: la20688 on February 26, 2015, 08:17:54 pm
Once they put that Hog on, they're all Arkansas kids....and yes, you're reading it wrong.

So what did he mean when he said that?

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Thats why I qualified it with my last line.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 08:22:07 pm
So what did he mean when he said that?
He meant we are going to "clean up" when we recruit Florida.

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 08:10:26 pm
Overreact much? I think you are assuming too much.

Did you not read the last line or just skimmed what I wrote?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 08:23:54 pm
Did you not read the last line or just skimmed what I wrote?
No. I read everything you posted. I think you are overreacting. You are implying there are character issues with recruits from Florida. Which is a broad assumption on your part.

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 08:23:27 pm
He meant we are going to "clean up" when we recruit Florida.

This is what he said,

"We have to make sure we're clean in Florida. Some of the problems we're having now maybe we didn't do our due diligence on some kids."

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 08:27:03 pm
This is what he said,

"We have to make sure we're clean in Florida. Some of the problems we're having now maybe we didn't do our due diligence on some kids."
So, based on this quote, you feel the need to post that there are character issues with some of the Florida recruits?

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 08:29:29 pm
So, based on this quote, you feel the need to post that there are character issues with some of the Florida recruits?

What are the problems we are having now? What does "our due diligence with some kids" mean?

ricepig

Well, he has had to suspend AC, JoJo, and Kendrick. I don't think there are issues per say, but he wants better vetting, for lack of a better term.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 08:33:27 pm
What are the problems we are having now? What does "our due diligence with some kids" mean?

I don't know. But I dang sure won't post that there are character issues with the Florida kids when you don't have a clue what is going on. But that's just me.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2015, 08:33:49 pm
Well, he has had to suspend AC, JoJo, and Kendrick. I don't think there are issues per say, but he wants better vetting, for lack of a better term.

He's also suspended players from other states, as well. Including Arkansas. But I don't see anyone posting that there are character issues with kids from other states.

Peter Porker

Forgive me, but when did I post, "there are character issues with Florida kids"? You make like I said it definitively when I clearly wrote it speculative AND wrote that I could be reading it wrong.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 08:36:06 pm
He's also suspended players from other states, as well. Including Arkansas. But I don't see anyone posting that there are character issues with kids from other states.

Did you listen to the PC?

Peter Porker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 08:36:06 pm

I believe you either A. Lazily read my post and didn't comprehend it or B. You lack comprehension skills. I know it's not because you're a smart poster.

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 08:39:54 pm
I believe you either A. Lazily read my post and didn't comprehend it or B. You lack comprehension skills. I know it's not because you're a smart poster.
Well, as I, and MuskogeeHogFan, interpreted your post, you implied there were character issues with Florida recruits. Although you ended your post with "but I could be reading that wrong", you still put the character issue in play. I was merely stating that, in my opinion, you are reading that wrong. But I realize that some take everything they hear or read to the literal extreme. 

Peter Porker

You 100% positive?

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on February 26, 2015, 08:37:49 pm
Did you listen to the PC?
Yes. And I think people are assuming they know what CBB meant. Did he ever say there were "character issues" with the Florida kids?

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 26, 2015, 08:48:26 pm
Yes. And I think people are assuming they know what CBB meant. Did he ever say there were "character issues" with the Florida kids?

Nope, he didn't.

(notOM)Rebel123

PORKULATOR

Jojo will do what it takes. He's worked hard, has a high ceiling and a short suspension, I'm not worried.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Chief Mac

Quote from: JackJohnson on February 26, 2015, 01:54:26 pm
can't miss workouts and can't miss class...I LOVE the accountability. 

Bingo-bango! 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

DeltaBoy

JoJo best tote the line and do right.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

IBleedRazorbackRed

We have to clean up our recruiting in Florida and maybe we haven't done a good enough doing our due diligence down there in the past. Those statements clearly mean Bielema is seeing something out of the Florida kids he doesn't like. May not be character issues yet, but something that he wants to improve upon in the future. Be uncommon isn't just a sexy catchphrase he uses, he truly wants uncommon men.

twistitup

Quote from: IBleedRazorbackRed on February 27, 2015, 09:41:38 am
We have to clean up our recruiting in Florida and maybe we haven't done a good enough doing our due diligence down there in the past. Those statements clearly mean Bielema is seeing something out of the Florida kids he doesn't like. May not be character issues yet, but something that he wants to improve upon in the future. Be uncommon isn't just a sexy catchphrase he uses, he truly wants uncommon men.

You took his quote out of context - it's not about that

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on February 27, 2015, 11:21:04 am
You too his quote out of context - it's not about that

What is it about, then?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on February 27, 2015, 11:23:38 am
What is it about, then?

It's more about the coaches doing a better job than knock on fl kids...