Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brandon Allen per ESPN

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, February 23, 2015, 10:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

I just want BA to have a wonderful successful SR Season that injury free.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

swinemaster

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 24, 2015, 05:17:39 pm
well, let me know when we recruit the next drew brees

That's not the point.  The point is this is what BA needs to do to go from being an average QB to a good to great one. 

He improved dramatically last year.  This is the next step for him to take in his Senior year to become great.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HF#1 on February 23, 2015, 01:49:42 pm
I still think Allen is a better QB than Mauk.

Yeah, I think Mauk is overrated. Allen should probably be 6 and Mauk should be at least 7 until the both of them prove other wise.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

PaintballHog

Honestly, I would only take Prescott, Johnson(maybe), and KAllen over BA.

lol'd at LSU even making the list tho.

dmaxfan

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there will be much of a difference. It's hard to learn a new offense so, I'm guessing there will be a gradual transition. We've had alot of coordinators these past few years, and I haven't seen much of a change. JMO

Forgot to add, I hope he doesn't have BA running much. He gets hurt everytime he gets hit it seems.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

bob slydell

Just one spot ahead of the quarterback dumpster fire at LSU? I hope he does better than that his SR year.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Razorback12111

hopefully coach Enos can get Brandon's footwork right!! I would love to see Brandon make great strides at the Quarterback position this year he is an Arkansas kid and I would love to see him be the surprise of the year in the SEC!!!! Hopefully having more true weapons at the receiver position will help ( jojo and pettway, with Dominic Reed along with an improved Hatcher will help) a lot of the reason he would look for HH so much was he was the only one who he had developed trust to catch the ball!! Along with the development of the other freshman receivers from last year I truly hope to see a new and improved BA!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: dmaxfan on February 27, 2015, 07:24:52 am
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there will be much of a difference. It's hard to learn a new offense so, I'm guessing there will be a gradual transition. We've had alot of coordinators these past few years, and I haven't seen much of a change. JMO

Forgot to add, I hope he doesn't have BA running much. He gets hurt everytime he gets hit it seems.

Keep in mind that according to Enos and Bielema, the offense isn't changing, Enos is adapting to what we do which isn't entirely different from his offense. In fact he made the remark that the change would be minimal so that he was the one who would learn and adapt, rather than having an entire offensive unit have to re-learn another offense. Enos did also say that he had a few things he wanted to add, but overall the change would be minimal.
Go Hogs Go!

Kevin

The offensive play calling is going to change. More running less passing
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Kevin on March 06, 2015, 06:39:12 am

Not necessarily. Maybe at key moments but I just think that we are going to see more effective passing that benefits our overall offensive philosophy. It isn't that we didn't throw enough last year, it is just that we weren't as effective as we should have been and it seemed that many times we might have set ourselves up to fail by being too predictable and not being creative enough in our use of the passing game. JMO
Go Hogs Go!

Peter Porker

Quote from: dmaxfan on February 27, 2015, 07:24:52 am

This is a clown take.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hoghiker

Brandon's got the experience. Now we'll see if he has the chops. Time will tell. Unless he gets hurt, we'll live or die with him. I'm just going to set back and hope he grows into a quarterback that can win a game when he has to. I've got some faith he can. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Kevin on March 06, 2015, 06:39:12 am

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2015, 06:44:18 am
Not necessarily. Maybe at key moments but I just think that we are going to see more effective passing that benefits our overall offensive philosophy. It isn't that we didn't throw enough last year, it is just that we weren't as effective as we should have been and it seemed that many times we might have set ourselves up to fail by being too predictable and not being creative enough in our use of the passing game. JMO

Totally agree MHF.

Enos ran a very balanced offense up there in the great white north.  I am fully expecting our passing game to be much more of a factor this fall.

If it's not, I'll be disappointed in somebody, that's for sure.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

DeltaBoy

Enos is unknown to the rest of the SEC and so he got a surprise factor coming in.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogsolo

I respect Brandon and appreciate his place in Razorback history.

BUT, my gut feeling is the game gets too fast for him when he's under pressure.   I'd like to see if one of three young ones has that "it" factor.

I know the party line is it's the receivers not Brandon.  But a really poised, good QB will make his receivers better.   My observation is Brandon is too late on his throws after he got to the point of the game that wasn't scripted.   That's why he was very good for the first 20 plays and then very average after that.

Either way can't wait until the season gets here. 

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: IAMHogholio on March 06, 2015, 10:18:40 am
I respect Brandon and appreciate his place in Razorback history.

BUT, my gut feeling is the game gets too fast for him when he's under pressure.   I'd like to see if one of three young ones has that "it" factor.

I know the party line is it's the receivers not Brandon.  But a really poised, good QB will make his receivers better.   My observation is Brandon is too late on his throws after he got to the point of the game that wasn't scripted.   That's why he was very good for the first 20 plays and then very average after that.

Either way can't wait until the season gets here. 

I hear what you're saying in this.  I, too, have been critical of Brandon's inconsistency when the crunch is on.  But I'm not sure that he can't handle the moment. 

He has produced some quality play under those same crunch conditions.  It's a matter of becoming consistent, IMO.

If he can up his level of accuracy and decision making just a bit this fall, AND our WR group can produce just a bit more, AND Dan Enos helps our offense play calling just a bit, AND our OL gets just a bit better, THEN I think we're going to have the kind of offense we want to have.

The thing that has me feeling good right now is even if all of those things don't produce fully, I still think the combination of them all is going to help our O take a step up.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858