Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trey Flowers drawing interest

Started by BearsBisonsBoars, February 22, 2015, 06:18:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

HAWG MAFIA

hoggusamoungus

Trey Flowers performed well at the NFL Combine Sunday.

The former Arkansas star was one of the top defensive ends in the vertical jump, broad jump and the 60-yard shuttle.
His 121-inch broad jump was actually tied for second among defensive linemen, while his 36 1/2-inch vertical jump and 12.03-second 60-yard shuttle were fifth-best.
NFL.com gave him a 5.6 grade, meaning he has a "chance to become an NFL starter."
In other workouts, Flowers ran the 40-yard dash in 4.93 seconds, did 28 reps at 225 pounds in the bench press, completed the three cone drill in 7.34 seconds and ran the 20-yard shuttle in 4.40 seconds.

Here is a look at how the other three former Razorbacks did at the combine.

A.J. Derby
The tight end did 15 reps in the bench press and measured at 6-foot-4, 255 pounds.
Despite spending only one season at the position, he has been given a 5.3 grade by NFL.com, which means he has "NFL backup or special teams potential."

Darius Philon
Philon checked in at 6-foot-1 and 298 pounds in Indianapolis.
He ran the 40-yard dash in 5 seconds flat, which was the fifth-fastest among defensive tackles at the combine. He also did 26 reps in the bench press, jumped 31 inches in the vertical jump and 107 inches in the broad jump, and completed the three cone drill in 8 seconds.
NFL.com gives him a 5.45 grade, which means he has "NFL backup or special teams potential," but he is close to the "chance to become an NFL starter" threshold.

Martrell Spaight
The linebacker ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 seconds, but NFL.com writer Chase Goodbread doesn't think teams should write him off. "Plays faster. SEC assistant coach told me he had better year than (Mississippi State linebacker Benardrick) McKinney," Goodbread tweeted Sunday.
He also did 25 reps in the bench press, jumped 35 inches in the vertical jump and 120 inches in the broad jump, and was given a 5.3 grade ("NFL backup or special teams potential") by NFL.com.

hamsam

Come on Steelers... Pull the trigger on Flowers!!!
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Albert Einswine

I hope he doesn't get selected by the Stealers, I want to be able to enjoy his career at the next level.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

presidenthog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on February 22, 2015, 08:12:36 pm
Trey Flowers performed well at the NFL Combine Sunday.

The former Arkansas star was one of the top defensive ends in the vertical jump, broad jump and the 60-yard shuttle.
His 121-inch broad jump was actually tied for second among defensive linemen, while his 36 1/2-inch vertical jump and 12.03-second 60-yard shuttle were fifth-best.
NFL.com gave him a 5.6 grade, meaning he has a "chance to become an NFL starter."
In other workouts, Flowers ran the 40-yard dash in 4.93 seconds, did 28 reps at 225 pounds in the bench press, completed the three cone drill in 7.34 seconds and ran the 20-yard shuttle in 4.40 seconds.

Here is a look at how the other three former Razorbacks did at the combine.

A.J. Derby
The tight end did 15 reps in the bench press and measured at 6-foot-4, 255 pounds.
Despite spending only one season at the position, he has been given a 5.3 grade by NFL.com, which means he has "NFL backup or special teams potential."

Darius Philon
Philon checked in at 6-foot-1 and 298 pounds in Indianapolis.
He ran the 40-yard dash in 5 seconds flat, which was the fifth-fastest among defensive tackles at the combine. He also did 26 reps in the bench press, jumped 31 inches in the vertical jump and 107 inches in the broad jump, and completed the three cone drill in 8 seconds.
NFL.com gives him a 5.45 grade, which means he has "NFL backup or special teams potential," but he is close to the "chance to become an NFL starter" threshold.

Martrell Spaight
The linebacker ran the 40-yard dash in 4.88 seconds, but NFL.com writer Chase Goodbread doesn't think teams should write him off. "Plays faster. SEC assistant coach told me he had better year than (Mississippi State linebacker Benardrick) McKinney," Goodbread tweeted Sunday.
He also did 25 reps in the bench press, jumped 35 inches in the vertical jump and 120 inches in the broad jump, and was given a 5.3 grade ("NFL backup or special teams potential") by NFL.com.
All I can say is everyone of them has a chance to be a starter somewhere because of their work ethic.

FATHAWG08

Flowers is a typical Steeler draft pick. He's a solid football player. Steelers are one of the best on Draft Day.
I love off season Football!!

ldfergu

As long as they all stay clear of the Raiders

jrhardy88

C'mon Flowers....be the best....be a Steeler!
Standing on the shoulders of giants.

lechon

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

usf15cc

PorkRinds

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 22, 2015, 08:21:04 pm
I hope he doesn't get selected by the Stealers, I want to be able to enjoy his career at the next level.
Absa Freakin lutely!

WooPig90

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

usf15cc

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RazorChuck

NO NOT THE STEALERS!
I AM SO SICK OF MY FAVORITE HOGS GOING TO THE SLIME OF THE NFL!

online-with-swine

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Justagp

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?