Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-LSU Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, January 11, 2006, 04:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

Lets open up this Sucker with Pre-Game Commits.

I think the Attendence will be around 18,923

cmakrzrbak

Under

Prediction:

1. LSU plays zone 90% of the game.

2. We struggle to score the ball, 90% of the game.

3. Big men and free throws will win or lose us this game, and the rest for that matter.

I've never seen a motion offense so inept at beating a zone.  There just isn't very much motion to speak of.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

hogattack21

I wish it would be that high, But after saturday I am sure alot of people will not show.
It may be wrong, but it sure feels right.

ReturnToDynasty?

A win tonight, as improbable as it seems, would give this team some much needed confidence.  Think about it; for us to win we need to rebound, shoot well, and play respectable interior defense.  If we did that tonight, the sky is the limits for the rest of the season in the less than impressive SEC.  But if we lose tonight....scary to think what could happen to our confidence.  Vandy would be next...scary, and then we are on the road to play Alabama and Auburn.  We could very easily start 0-4 and we'd be done and Heath would be fired.  But don't give up hope yet.  Tonight is the night.  We need 18,000 screaming fans to help carry this team to a much needed victory. 

Biggus Piggus

Anybody think Dontell Jefferson will show back up tonight?  Last five games, he's scored 5 points or less four times.
[CENSORED]!

100+GM HAWG

LSU will make a strong run and Heath will call timeout. Instead of getting in some faces and trying to get his guys attention, he will pat there butts and hand out sliced oranges and say, "Boys, please try harder, and have I told you today that I love you?

It's awful guys. No guts, no passion. Doesn't matter who we play. We may feed of the home crowd a little better tonite, but our mental weakness in our team and coach's will continue to show up on the road.

HAWGBALL HELD HOSTAGE

Calvin N Hawgs

If Darian Townes plays well, he could pull them out of their zone...  he is the key tonight.  I hope he doesn't get his first shot blocked!

Inigo Montoya

Have we even had 12,000 yet?  I'm ready to see(hear anyway on the radio) some LSUFan as s whoopin though after last game.  I say it's going to happen.  GO HOGS!!!

hogfan13

Quote from: hogattack21 on January 11, 2006, 04:19:10 pm
I wish it would be that high, But after saturday I am sure alot of people will not show.

It was 1 game and were 2-23 on the road in the SEC

Calvin N Hawgs

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on January 11, 2006, 04:34:27 pm
Have we even had 12,000 yet?  I'm ready to see(hear anyway on the radio) some LSUFan as s whoopin though after last game.  I say it's going to happen.  GO HOGS!!!

According to the Spin Machine that is Hogwired...  The Missouri game attendance was 17,427.

94 Hawg

another close game, I think we will though.  *fingers crossed*

bad call of the day--JP televising Bama vs Auburn instead of AR/ lsu :P
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Ugly Uncle

I was at the Mizzou game.  I really cannot believe there were that many there.  The place just didn't look even close to that.  I think there will be a BIG crowd tonight.  I think many will be wanting to come one last time before the leap off the bandwagon.
Retired Radio Host

pfrg999

FAT A$$ Baby Shaq... will grab 18 boards with 16 pts

Townes will have 8 pts 4 rbs
Brewer will have 23 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts, 6 stls
Modica 11pts, 5 to's
Ferguson 9 pts, 4 to's, 4 asts
Hill 3 pts, 2 rbs, 5 blocks, 5 fouls with 3:52 left in the 2nd half
Jefferson 4 pts , 9 asts
Thomas 4 pts, 3 rbs
McGown 0 pts, 4 fouls, 3 rbs
McCurdy 11 min, 3 pts, 3 asts

UA    57 pts  .356% from the field, 2-15 3pts  .133% , 8-16 line .50% , Rbs 21 
LSU  74 pts  .489%                            6-15           .400%  , 9-11 line 81%.  rbs 35
OR 

FATA$$  Baby Shaq get 9 boards with 15 points

Townes will have 15 pts 7 rbs
Brewer will have 23 pts, 5 rbs, 3 asts, 6 stls
Modica 16pts, 2 to's, 5 asts
Ferguson 9 pts, 2 to's, 4 asts
Hill 5 pts, 4 rbs, 6 blocks, 4 fouls
Jefferson 9 pts , 9 asts
Thomas 6 pts, 3 rbs
McGown 2 pts, 4 fouls, 3 rbs
McCurdy 15 min, 7 pts, 3 asts

UA  -  76 pts  .453 field,  4-12 3pts  .333%,  14-20 line 70%, Rbs  UA 31 
LSU    64 pts .389 field,  2-15 3 pts  .133%   4-8 line  50% , Rbs 36

Lets see how it goes
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

Calvin N Hawgs

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 11, 2006, 04:46:03 pm
I was at the Mizzou game.  I really cannot believe there were that many there.  The place just didn't look even close to that.  I think there will be a BIG crowd tonight.  I think many will be wanting to come one last time before the leap off the bandwagon.

I think you might be on the something there!

100+GM HAWG

I will start going to games again when the players care again. As long as we don't have real Razorbacks in those jerseys, I can't get excited about going.

rocknhog

Like everyone else, I felt like I'd taken a puch to the gut after the MSU game. Since, after watching the woes of the likes of Kentucky and Oklahoma, I see we're not ones having shooting troubles. Seems it is a growing trend in college ball. Maybe due to better defense, NBA hopping, or everyone recruiting more athletic players than shooters. I'm remember Al Dillard, Scottie Thurman, and Pat Bradley not being the most skilled of players, but who didn't jump from their chairs when they shot. Wouldn't we love to have a least a 6th man sharp shooter this year.

100+GM HAWG

The difference. in us and Kentucky and Oklahoma is that we have sucked for years now. Enough is Enough.   :puke:

pfrg999

Quote from: 100+GM HAWG on January 11, 2006, 04:57:55 pm
The difference. in us and Kentucky and Oklahoma is that we have sucked for years now. Enough is Enough. :puke:

Yes but had some really good practices
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

100+GM HAWG

Ugly Uncle

My buddy in Dallas was asking if the game would be on anywhere.  PPV...anything.  Does anyone know for sure that it won't be on at all?
Retired Radio Host

rocknhog

The next two games will decide whether the same threads begin on here for Stan's job as have went on for HDN. Think everyone is growing tired of the baby steps improvement.

I went through the entire PPV/ESPN fullcourt guide of dish network and it's not available anywhere on there.

Ugly Uncle

How about internet radio.
Will there be any of that?
Retired Radio Host

pfrg999

Quote from: rocknhog on January 11, 2006, 05:18:39 pm
The next two games will decide whether the same threads begin on here for Stan's job as have went on for HDN. Think everyone is growing tired of the baby steps improvement.

I went through the entire PPV/ESPN fullcourt guide of dish network and it's not available anywhere on there.

]

Yes it will, It will get ugly...I said the first 4 SEC games will determine the season... 4-0, 3-1 we are OK, 2-2, 1-3 or 0-4 we are done... and the bitter hate of the disgust of losing will be strong... Yes It will get Ugly... we have a NCAA quality team, if we do not get there Stan will be gone....

mossfan3

Dontell is just not a half court PG.  If we would play a more up and down style he would be fine.  Our "motion offense" is a joke, there are no screens and Modica or Ferguson manage to screw up whatever ball movement we get going.  Don't forget how all of our guards love to pick up there dribble 20+ feet from the hole.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2006, 04:20:11 pm
Anybody think Dontell Jefferson will show back up tonight? Last five games, he's scored 5 points or less four times.

Makes it tough when your point guard is not a threat to score points.   I suppose you could get by if he were averaging 15 assists a game but he's not.  Maybe tonight we see the coming out party of McCurdy as an intrageral part of our offense.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

GrizzledHogFan

Call me crazy, but I'm still optimistic about the team this season.  That said, a win tonight is critical if we're serious about getting back to the NCAA tournament.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

TennesseeRaz

Boarcephus, you're right.  Even in the pre-season I was lamenting that DJ picks up his dribble when pressured.  A point guard has to seize the initiative, and he can't.  It's time to turn it over to McCurdy.  He's tough, and he exhibits leadership.  (Yes I know that DJ has assists.  I could get assists against UTPA too.  I could also get a few against tougher competition by throwing it to Brewer -- he's going to score regardless of how good the pass is.

PintailKiller

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 11, 2006, 06:03:43 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2006, 04:20:11 pm
Anybody think Dontell Jefferson will show back up tonight? Last five games, he's scored 5 points or less four times.

Makes it tough when your point guard is not a threat to score points. I suppose you could get by if he were averaging 15 assists a game but he's not. Maybe tonight we see the coming out party of McCurdy as an intrageral part of our offense.

I hope your right about McCurdy.  I think he can ball based on the 15 minutes we've seen of him.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Biggus Piggus

So far, MissStake is hanging with the Gators, who are 3-11 from 3pt range.
[CENSORED]!

TennesseeRaz

January 11, 2006, 06:46:32 pm #29 Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 06:48:37 pm by TennesseeRaz
We know McCurdy can shoot and he scraps.  What I picked up when I got to watch a couple of games in person over Christmas was that not only is he a crowd "favorite," but his teammates respond to his leadership as well.  Rather amazing really, considering the "maturity" of our team that they hold this freshman in such high esteem.

RazrHog4Life

For the out of area folks trying to listen to the game, here are some links to free audio (LSU announcers of course, since U of A costs $$):

http://www.ksyl.com/
(click on "listen live" in the upper right corner)

http://www.keunworldwide.com/amindex.htm
(click "Listen 1490 AM" at the top middle)

http://stream.netro.ca/kwlv
(direct link)

http://www.wwl.com/
(click "Click Here to Listen Live" on the left, but it requires free registration to listen)

http://www.tiger1043.com/
(supposedly you are supposed to be able to listen if you click "Listen Live", but it wasn't working earlier, maybe it will when the game starts)

Hopefully at least a few of these will work out for the out of area folks!
:-)

Boarcephus

I get the impression he's a bigger, tougher, meaner version of Jason Gilbert. 

With McCurdy in the game, does hisr offensive assets outweigh his defensive liabilities?  I'd like to see him in early in the game in a fired up environment to see what he can do in a crucial game.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

TennesseeRaz

I would too, Boar. He certainly bigger, tougher, and "meaner."  I'm convinced he's also more skilled and passionate about what he's doing.

mountainhog

So there is no tv anywhere? not even in baton rouge?

corndo

I think it is no secret that this game is a must win for the Hogs. - Go Hogs!

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

TennesseeRaz

Biggus Piggus

At the half, Florida 35, Mississippi State 32.  Gators 4-16 from 3pt range.  Dietric Slater has three fouls.
[CENSORED]!

chiefsfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 11, 2006, 07:03:28 pm
At the half, Florida 35, Mississippi State 32. Gators 4-16 from 3pt range. Dietric Slater has three fouls.

anyone notice that the teams that we lost too or barely beat are playing really well right now

Kansas over Kentucky  Mizzou over both OSU and OU   
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

GrizzledHogFan

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

GrizzledHogFan

Now Modica with the transition basket...Hogs 4-0

Biggus Piggus

Woo Pig Sooie we're gonna blow them out!
[CENSORED]!

GrizzledHogFan

Hill blocked Davis once at the start of the game.  Just tried to make another block and picked up a foul.

hillbilly

6-1 Hogs, looks like the old Darian Townes is back.

GrizzledHogFan

hillbilly

8-1 Hogs, they can't run with us.

pbjones81

Biggus Piggus

WE ARE GOING TO BLOW THEM OUT!
[CENSORED]!

GrizzledHogFan