Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I misremembering?

Started by hogsgolfpro, February 03, 2018, 03:36:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgolfpro

Toward the back half of last season we were continually getting smoked on our "full court press" (if you can call it that)...and MA actually started putting us in a half court D and we improved dramatically...haven't seen that once this year..that DID happen didn't it?

Hogsolo

Yes you remember right.  He seemed to play to the team's ability last year and in the past.   I think he must expect this team to be as good as we all thought they were.  I think he just really wanted to run his system this year.

This is a huge let down.   

Dr. Starcs

Match up zone should be our primary defense

mike_the_geek

If i remember right we were getting smoked at LSU on the road last year as part of a 2 or 3 game losing skid, either about halfway through the first half or the 2nd half of that game, and he switched us to playing zone D.  That turned us around, we won that game, and we went to the zone a lot from there on out and had good success with it.  Why this coaching staff is so stubborn and sticks to something that is getting us beat consistently is beyond me.  The rule is if you're winning don't change anything.  But if you're losing, you had better change something.  What are we 13 or 14th in scoring defense in the SEC?  That tells me we need to do something different or we will keep getting the same bad results. 

hogsgolfpro

Agreed. It is absolutely ridiculous to keep running the full court press or whatever the hell it is supposed to be. I bet if we played half court D for an entire game and stopped switching every ball screen unless it's guard to guard, we could save 10-15 pts a game off easy layups and wide open 3's.

cityhog

OP is not misremembering. That is exactly how it went down last year I remember because I was screaming for us to play zone and when we finally did I nearly fell out of my chair.

code red

Quote from: hogsgolfpro on February 03, 2018, 03:36:17 pm
Toward the back half of last season we were continually getting smoked on our "full court press" (if you can call it that)...and MA actually started putting us in a half court D and we improved dramatically...haven't seen that once this year..that DID happen didn't it?
Yep and I been waiting?  Mike knows jack.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Hogimus Prime

With the lack of depth a 1-3-1 match up zone would be a good move