Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we are being Honest...

Started by Deep Shoat, October 04, 2017, 04:07:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

These two teams may be worst in SEC. I just spent an entire weekend watching first half of this game. I've been more entertained watching grass grow. These two teams are horrible in every phase and area of the game. Do they even practice?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 07, 2017, 04:45:36 pm
These two teams may be worst in SEC. I just spent an entire weekend watching first half of this game. I've been more entertained watching grass grow. These two teams are horrible in every phase and area of the game. Do they even practice?

Just texted my brother the same thing...this game is an exercise in futility.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ICEman

We will get the requisite 'rearranging of the deck chairs' in terms of a few position coach changes then rinse and repeat for 2018.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

StanHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 04, 2017, 08:16:30 pm
Winning, regardless of how it occurs is the most measurable of all concepts.

Win 9 and the masses are on board.

Win 8 and the masses are, "what if"? Despite the fact that this is who we are as a program over time since joining the SEC.

Many long for the results of the Petrino era but we honestly don't know what that might have produced over a more extended period of time.

Would they have been good with 7-8 wins for two years in a row and every other two years being 9, 10 or 11 wins? Probably.

Eventually, not getting to the SECCG would have been a measuring stick, but in the meantime, everyone would have been happy. But when it eventually came down to not getting to the SECCG everyone would have turned on Petrino as well. No one wants to admit that because we never reached that juncture and no one wants to admit the truth. But eventually, they would have turned on BP as well.

Let's face it, getting to the SECCG is the true measuring stick for this program just like it is for every other SEC program but it isn't likely that we will ever reach that point.
Even though he didn't make the SECCG CBP's teams were exciting to watch. This crap is not watchable most weeks. Fire Jeff Long!!