Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking Ahead to 2017

Started by navyhog24, February 04, 2016, 07:46:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

navyhog24

What positions do you see as the biggest needs that will need to be addressed?

IMO, I think OT, CB, RB, and WR will be the biggest needs

Tim Harris

jackflash

MY hope is we offer a lot of DB from Texas

onebadrubi

Needs, anything less is an error. 

5 OL (1-2 of these need to be able to play first year)
4DB's
2LB's
4Dline
1 TE
1 top RB
2 very good WR's

That is 19 players.  Add the yearly QB and probably a kicker somewhere. 

WooPig90

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2016, 10:52:57 am
Needs, anything less is an error. 

5 OL (1-2 of these need to be able to play first year)
4DB's
2LB's
4Dline
1 TE
1 top RB
2 very good WR's

That is 19 players.  Add the yearly QB and probably a kicker somewhere.

No thanks on wasting another scholarship on a kicker. We already have 1 on scholarship

SemperFi

This is a thread worthy to be discussed!

5-6 OL (minimum of 2 true OT's)
4 DB's (I'm envisioning that our current DB's by 2017 will be pretty salty and we should be solid at Safety, but it's time to bring in some big time talent here)
2 LB's (love our current LB class, but we need to build quality depth here)
4 DL (can never have enough DL in with all these up tempo offenses that we're playing now)
1 TE (we are deep at TE, so this should be a luxury position of need)
2 RB's (Walker and Evans will be gone, RWIII will be a junior which leaves Whaley, Hammonds and Johnson to tote the rock. I'm not clear how Day is playing out, so I'm going with a need two in 2017)
2-3 WR's (Morgan, Hollister and Hatcher will be gone as well as Reed if I'm remembering correctly. That leaves what we signed in 2016 to carry load.)

That's 22 by my count, which falls right in line with that I heard CBB state in his press conference. Of course should a Kicker or QB become available we offer, but I'm not sure that this is an area of great need in 2017.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

ricepig

4-5 OL, 3 OT's
4 DB's
1 QB
4 DL
2 TE
2 RB
2 LB
3 WR

RussVegas Hawg

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 04, 2016, 11:30:47 am
No thanks on wasting another scholarship on a kicker. We already have 1 on scholarship

And added a walk-on in this class

secneahog

By the looks of the new offers for 2017 we are hitting OL, Lb, Safety, Wr first. .

Looks like Anderson is getting on the Midwest OL and Texas, Louisiana and Florida is getting hit first.

Which I love..
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

GoHogzzGo

Lol crystal ball on Austin Deculus is already 100% LSU, cheese and rice. But yes very glad to see us out there. Got to hit every above average player you can with the pitch and have that relationship start as early as possible. Especially with how many things can change late in recruiting season as we just saw.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.