Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uncut Press Conference: Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema on 2016 Signing Class

Started by Jason Carroll, February 03, 2016, 04:36:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema met with the media after signing his fourth class at Arkansas. Hear coach Bielema's thoughts on this class as well as other important topics inside the football team with the current players in this uncut press conference.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/bret-bielema-signing-day-2016-presser

Tusks

Welp what I learned is it proves throwing a football over the Boston Mountains does not a starting QB make.

Kind of like the OL under CBB.  I think with CDE the hogs will always be prepared at QB.

Improvement at the LB/S.  You GOTTA have great LB play to win big in the SEC.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HogFanFromTheHills

Just watched the whole thing. Here's what questions or thoughts I pulled from the video.

Why are moving froholdt to the OL? Depth at d line or are we that scarce at o line? Maybe he just fits as a OL better?

They did right by RW3, second opinion lined up with staffs.

Looks like future in state talent is going to be slim pickings the way he references Arkansas as a cyclical recruiting area, right after saying this was a down year for in state talent.

We're looking for speed on defense with the way they talk of incoming linebackers. He really talked dejon Harris up. Made me excited.

They must really see something in Kelley as a qb. Every time they talked about him it was high praise. When I first saw he committed I thought that's a TE a couple years from now.(6'7 holy darn) They said they want him in the mix competing right away. Seems no one but Austin has impressed. Towns and story almost sounded like disappointments the way I read it. Still way early though.

I laughed pretty hard when he mentioned the Marshall flip. He seemed to think it was funny as well when he mentioned he was going to be a player.

cardinalandwhite

"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

Hambunctious

Do they not give playbooks to backup QBs? How can anyone not learn the play calling language, or better yet, why weren't these guys made to learn it, and be tested on it?
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

HogFanFromTheHills

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 03, 2016, 07:53:03 pm
Do they not give playbooks to backup QBs? How can anyone not learn the play calling language, or better yet, why weren't these guys made to learn it, and be tested on it?

Yeah I was pretty shocked the way they were talking about town. Doesn't sound promising for him at all. Storey apparently hasn't impressed either.

Hambunctious

I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 03, 2016, 07:53:03 pm

How long had he been on campus at that point?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

FraggleHog

Quote from: HogFanFromTheHills on February 03, 2016, 06:38:16 pm

They must really see something in Kelley as a qb. Every time they talked about him it was high praise. When I first saw he committed I thought that's a TE a couple years from now.(6'7 holy darn) They said they want him in the mix competing right away. Seems no one but Austin has impressed. Towns and story almost sounded like disappointments the way I read it. Still way early though.

I noticed in Kelley's highlight tape, that he took the majority (if not all) snaps from the gun. I know it can be a tough adjustment sometimes to transition to under center a la Tyler Wilson). Just a thought. The kids throwing mechanics look great, just curious how he'll do learning the 3 and 5 step drop.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW