Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Graduate Transfers

Started by EverydayAllDay, February 03, 2016, 03:17:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EverydayAllDay

Anyone have any insight on who Coach B might have in mind when he said today that he would be very surprised if we didn't add a couple before the fall??

Uncommon

Well, I'd start with former Michigan OL Logan Tulley-Tillman.  From what it sounds like he really would like another safety so maybe look out for that before fall camp starts.

CallThoseHawgs

OL Tillman and maybe RB Barry Sanders Jr.

scruf

Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2016, 03:20:06 pm
Well, I'd start with former Michigan OL Logan Tulley-Tillman.  From what it sounds like he really would like another safety so maybe look out for that before fall camp starts.

The Hawg Marshal

I doubt if Barry Sanders Jr is part of the plan.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Derrick Green, Sanders JR and Tillman are the only ones out there I am aware of.

Clearly, it appears Tillman will be here as he retweets everything Razorback

mitchforheisman

I really dont understand all the love for Barry Sanders JR. His name has been brought up a lot around here (maybe by the same people).

11 games played, 315 yards rushing on 51 carries, Four rushing touchdowns, 367 all-purpose yards

Do those numbers impress you?

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 03, 2016, 03:35:56 pm
Derrick Green, Sanders JR and Tillman are the only ones out there I am aware of.

Clearly, it appears Tillman will be here as he retweets everything Razorback
they are waiting to see how his trial plays out to see if they are going to bring him in.

HogFanFromTheHills

Quote from: mitchforheisman on February 03, 2016, 03:35:39 pm
I really dont understand all the love for Barry Sanders JR. His name has been brought up a lot around here (maybe by the same people).

11 games played, 315 yards rushing on 51 carries, Four rushing touchdowns, 367 all-purpose yards

That's over 6 ypc

jjdlc

Tillman definitely seems part of the plan, which is good, that's a position of need, I believe he may have 2 years of eligibility too.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: HogFanFromTheHills on February 03, 2016, 03:38:23 pm
That's over 6 ypc

I was actually about to say this. What's the story with his team? Do they just pass the ball everywhere? That's not that many touches, but it looks like he made the most of them.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

MFG

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 03, 2016, 03:39:44 pm
I was actually about to say this. What's the story with his team? Do they just pass the ball everywhere? That's not that many touches, but it looks like he made the most of them.

McAfferey is just too good to keep off the field to let Sanders get touches.

HOGINTENNESSEE

You must be joke, right?

Some guy called Christian McCaffery

nwahogfan1

February 03, 2016, 03:46:11 pm #13 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:21:20 am by nwahogfan1
Quote from: Uncommon on February 03, 2016, 03:20:06 pm
To seal this recruiting class  we need to bring in a older  experienced cover CB and OT who can win a starting spot.  If we get the right ones could add several wins for us.  And I 5hink our coaches know this and are trying to fill this need.  Maybe even look for a transfer RB.

The Hawg Marshal

McCaffrey mania took over.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Derrick Green is now following KA and coach Sing on Twitter

jry04

Derrick Green would be an interesting pickup. Worth the sign, in my opinion. Former 5* with offers from everyone in the country, but never really got much of a chance at Michigan this season. Ran for 470 yards 5.7 YPC as a sophomore.

Oklahawg

Barry Sanders JR is a name that HV throws out but no one else does.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hawginbigd1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 03, 2016, 03:48:56 pm
Derrick Broderick Green is now following KA and coach Sing on Twitter
FIFY I am not interested.

The_Bionic_Pig

6.2 yds every time he touches the ball....what am I missing?  At the same time it's not as much of a priority as Safety & CB
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 03, 2016, 04:07:15 pm
FIFY I am not interested.

Or maybe he just needs a change of scenery? Looked a lot better than Green in high school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTbdo_CCPwk

jry04

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 03, 2016, 04:11:09 pm
6.2 yds every time he touches the ball....what am I missing?  At the same time it's not as much of a priority as Safety & CB
He got the majority of his big yards against cupcakes or late game blowouts. Rarely played in crunch time. He had a 65 yard run against Arizona and Oregon State, in 3 score wins. So he had 2 carries in blowouts that were responsible for 40% of his total yards out of 51 carries. Maybe it would have been different had they not had a Heisman finalist in front of him.

RME

Quote from: jry04 on February 03, 2016, 04:22:23 pm
He got the majority of his big yards against cupcakes or late game blowouts. Rarely played in crunch time.

Was about to say, garbage time stats. His game log on ESPN shows that. Most of his rushes came in the 4th quarter of blowout games. Rarely played in tight games.

As Oklahawg said, why has no one apart from Hogville said a word about him? Someone gets wind of a guy transferring from his school and just runs with it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on February 03, 2016, 03:35:38 pm
they are waiting to see how his trial plays out to see if they are going to bring him in.
I believe there's another factor in this situation. It's my understanding the young man is trying to finish up his undergraduate degree either by the end of the spring semester of sometime during the summer session. Assuming he has his legal question resolved positively and he is considered a GRADUATE transfer AND assuming he and CBB agree to a move then he very well could be added to our roster. Wouldn't count as a class (2016) schollie   slot-merely against the team's 85 scholarship allotment.

HogFanFromTheHills

He got the majority of his big yards against cupcakes or late game blowouts. Rarely played in crunch time. He had a 65 yard run against Arizona and Oregon State, in 3 score wins. So he had 2 carries in blowouts that were responsible for 40% of his total yards out of 51 carries. Maybe it would have been different had they not had a Heisman finalist in front of him.

I think it was saban I heard talking about ypc don't matter at all to him. Had never thought of it that way but he said what you outline what if the guy hits a long run. His ypc won't reflect his performance as accurately. He rather liked a metric on how often he got 4 yards or more I believe.

longtimeHogfan

Maybe we can latch on to a CB or two? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Love those Hogs

315 yds on 51 carries is not a bad average!!
Hogs 4 Life!

jjdlc

As was pointed out, Barry Sanders jr. didn't have a bad YPC.  He spent most of his time stuck behind a star RB.  Doesn't necessarily mean he is a bad back.  Also, are you expecting to find a 1000 Yard rusher as a grad transfer?

HogFanFromTheHills

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 03, 2016, 07:09:37 pm
315 yds on 51 carries is not a bad average!!

Stats are fluffed due to a few garbage time runs. Think someone already said he got 40 percent of his yards on two carries. There's a reason no ones on him.

HogFanFromTheHills

Love those Hogs

Ok, so I don't read every word of every post.  Not saying he's a 1,000 yd back, just  someone to HELP carry the load. 
Hogs 4 Life!

whosiskid

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 03, 2016, 04:06:03 pm
Barry Sanders JR is a name that HV throws out but no one else does.

Though keep in mind that a lot of us here on HV only speak his name in order to say, "No way in the world!"

"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

RussVegas Hawg

I don't remember exactly who it was but, on drive time yesterday they asked about grad transfers. Barry Sanders Jr. and Derrick Green both were mentioned and the recruiting person on the show said not to rule either out. The way he said it gave me the feeling that they had been in contact with Green already.

Pork Twain

I guess you do not remember Corliss Marshal
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on February 04, 2016, 06:58:07 am
I don't remember exactly who it was but, on drive time yesterday they asked about grad transfers. Barry Sanders Jr. and Derrick Green both were mentioned and the recruiting person on the show said not to rule either out. The way he said it gave me the feeling that they had been in contact with Green already.

Arkansas has contacted Green via Twitter

jackflash

I feel like most on here one will be a offensive lineman the next one could be a DB or S

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Oklahawg

Quote from: whosiskid on February 04, 2016, 03:47:37 am
Though keep in mind that a lot of us here on HV only speak his name in order to say, "No way in the world!"

And by mentioning every possible name they stand a better chance of getting one right.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

WooPig90

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 04, 2016, 07:09:18 am
I guess you do not remember Corliss Marshal

Nah, who is that? Asking for my friend Korliss Marshall

The Hogfather

Quote from: WooPig90 on February 04, 2016, 11:27:41 am
Nah, who is that? Asking for my friend Korliss Marshall

According to Hogville, the best RB to ever play the game.

Dropkick

Not necessarily grad transfers but you may see some players looking for transfer options after they go through spring camps.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on February 04, 2016, 11:20:24 am
Link?

https://twitter.com/DG2seven/following

not sure if they've actually talked but Mr. Green is following both Coach Singleton and Coach Anderson
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

jgphillips3

That Green kid looks like he could be an effective sledgehammer for us.  Whaley, Hammonds and RW3 can run away from you.  KW (if he returns) will be our bruiser.  Green could easily take his role if KW wants to get on with life, being a Dad and such.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 04, 2016, 12:20:58 pm
That Green kid looks like he could be an effective sledgehammer for us.  Whaley, Hammonds and RW3 can run away from you.  KW (if he returns) will be our bruiser.  Green could easily take his role if KW wants to get on with life, being a Dad and such.
JMO we have KW, I don't want Green, redundant. may be less explosive than KW.

jry04

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 04, 2016, 12:21:26 pm
JMO we have KW, I don't want Green, redundant. may be less explosive than KW.
According to his twitter, Green is down to 220lb and 9% body fat. It is only for 1 year, and we have scholarships to offer, so I would gladly take the former #1 overall RB and top 10 overall player as a transfer. His stats this season weren't very good, but last season they were actually solid.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 03, 2016, 03:48:56 pm
Derrick Green is now following KA and coach Sing on Twitter

What is it about him that would be attractive (I know he was a five*, but he had a career at UM that doesn't say WOW):

http://247sports.com/Player/Derrick-Green-12364

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: jry04 on February 04, 2016, 12:34:30 pm
According to his twitter, Green is down to 220lb and 9% body fat. It is only for 1 year, and we have scholarships to offer, so I would gladly take the former #1 overall RB and top 10 overall player as a transfer. His stats this season weren't very good, but last season they were actually solid.

That sounds good.  I'd rather KW spend most of his time at FB if possible. 

CDBHawg

February 04, 2016, 01:04:53 pm #49 Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:22:31 pm by CDBHawg
Quote from: jry04 on February 04, 2016, 12:34:30 pm

Actually we don't have scholarships. Green wouldn't caught against this year's class, just the 85 limit.

We are currently at 87 scholarship players, 2 over.