Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Only results on the field matter......

Started by hogz11, February 03, 2016, 02:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogz11

I'll be the first to say that nothing else matters except the results on the field. So we'll wait and see. But with horrid days like this, the wins better come. If we have 2-3 more years of 7-8 win seasons this staff including Coach B will be on the brink of being canned. I don't want that but this is how things go in the SEC. Here's to hoping the wins come......

LJHOG

7 - 8 wins?  You had best hope there are some 3 - 4 seasons.

Houston h

Wildhog

Quote from: Houston h on February 03, 2016, 03:27:15 pm
This

Maybe they should include Toledo and Texas Tech's recruiting rankings in that graphic? 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Houston h on February 03, 2016, 03:27:15 pm
This

And lost to Toledo, A&M, Bama, MSU, and TT.  Thank goodness LSU doesn't field a QB. 

7-5, baby!   
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

razorhog52

Very cherry picked stat. Why don't we show combined wins for the last 4 years of those programs.

3kgthog

While this is true, results on the field tell us our on field ranking is usually on par with (or far below) our recruiting ranking. Coincidence? Nope.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hogz11 on February 03, 2016, 02:33:02 pm
I'll be the first to say that nothing else matters except the results on the field. So we'll wait and see. But with horrid days like this, the wins better come. If we have 2-3 more years of 7-8 win seasons this staff including Coach B will be on the brink of being canned. I don't want that but this is how things go in the SEC. Here's to hoping the wins come......

horrid?  What program do you think you are following? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2016, 03:26:16 pm
Maybe they should include Toledo and Texas Tech's recruiting rankings in that graphic?

This was in what our opponents pitched to these kids then went on to
explain their DEFEATS to us, and why they happened...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Love those Hogs

Saban is a great coach but the reason they are at the top year after year is they recruit very well.  If LSU ever gets a QB then we are in trouble!  We need defense and we got a lot today, but the Secondary didn't get much help.
Hogs 4 Life!

Iamjacksleftnutt

On the field results are all that matter. Bama had the number one recruiting class according to rankings this year right ? So if we switch Les for Nick then according to many of you Les will beat Nick with that team. You have to be retarded to think these rankings have that big of an impact. Especially once you are top 30.

IMO everyone in the top 30 or 40 aren't really that far apart. Coaching and coaches evaluating are what make the difference. If Nick offers a player and he commits the services give the guy a bump. Why do you think that is ? They want to be right simple as that.

This years class doesn't take a back seat to anyone... And I'm proud to have every single one of them.

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Love those Hogs on February 03, 2016, 04:20:15 pm
Saban is a great coach but the reason they are at the top year after year is they recruit very well.  If LSU ever gets a QB then we are in trouble!  We need defense and we got a lot today, but the Secondary didn't get much help.

...we have a lot of young dbs. to go along with the veterans, and who need to
step it up into playing time next year...we have left some hay
in the barn, imho....

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 03, 2016, 04:27:56 pm
On the field results are all that matter. Bama had the number one recruiting class according to rankings this year right ? So if we switch Les for Nick then according to many of you Les will beat Nick with that team. You have to be retarded to think these rankings have that big of an impact. Especially once you are top 30.

IMO everyone in the top 30 or 40 aren't really that far apart. Coaching and coaches evaluating are what make the difference. If Nick offers a player and he commits the services give the guy a bump. Why do you think that is ? They want to be right simple as that.

This years class doesn't take a back seat to anyone... And I'm proud to have every single one of them.

Agree and you know at some point all these great LSU classes need to start
helping them against the HOGS...

We have to hit the ground running next year, cannot let anyone slip up on us...

Iamjacksleftnutt

They are at the top every year bc Saban does a great job of evaluating AND an even better job of coaching. Rankings are irrelevant. Mack Brown recruited off star based rankings and where is he now ? Coaches have to do their own evaluating ... Thats just the way it is.. Coaches who can find those diamonds in the rough consistently will outperform the rankings. Bielema has always outperformed the services rankings of his talent. Its not an exact science. And the guys who are the best at evaluating talent are head coaches making millions. Not wannabes working for rivals or 247.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 03, 2016, 04:27:56 pm

Then I bet we win a NC in the next couple years.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogz11 on February 03, 2016, 02:33:02 pm
And thanks not only for your insightful observation but your positive encouragement and support. We'll be looking for your major scholarship gift in the mail any day now. If we had more like you no telling where we'd be. And quite frankly I don't want to even contemplate THAT!  :puke:

P.S. Please make sure you let us know where we can contact you with a wonderful appreciation gift.

Ironhawg

Quote from: hogz11 on February 03, 2016, 07:01:15 pm
Positive encouragement? You mean say "everything will be alright" and pretend things don't look as bad as they did today. I've always been a Coach B supporter as well as a Hog fan through and through. But I'm also a realist and am gonna tell things exactly like they are. This is the SEC where recruiting counts the most and is the toughest. I hope I'm proven wrong and Bielema takes this class to the college football playoff.

There's no margin for error here. This isn't the Big Ten, Big 12, or ACC. You can give all the "positive encouragement" you want. But classes like these usually produce 7-8 wins a year. If the UA has that for the next 2-3 years Coach B will be gone. I would hate for that to happen, but it's how things are. I'm holding fast to the idea of this being a process and trusting in what is being built. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

I've got to admit that while I was listening to the reports on recruiting today and saw Arkansas swing and miss on each and every recruit they were waiting on today, I have very, very mixed emotions.  First I am ecstatic about the kids who signed LOIs and became Arkansas Razorbacks today.  I am so happy for them.  I realize that we got some excellent athletes and that we filled some critical needs like LB and DE.  That being said, I look at all the misses today and where our class sits in the SEC and I am kind of discouraged.  I want to see Arkansas win an SEC championship, but I just don't believe that is possible recruiting like we are.  I am very much afraid that we are going to continue to see 6, 7, 8 win seasons that end up in lower tier bowls instead of the higher level bowls or the championship series.  I don't think that gets CBB fired.  I think as long as CBB is giving Arkansas winning seasons and his kids stay out of trouble, he will be here as long as he wants.
I'm still trying to process this and I know some folks are not going to be happy with my outlook, but it is what it is. 

Uberanubis

this, and especially the secondary basically getting worked over with just 2 safeties.......really need to get a good back 7. having a good DL with nothing else to go with it is pretty much like trying to eat a stake with a spoon, just not gonna work out to well
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Uberanubis on February 03, 2016, 08:42:18 pm
this, and especially the secondary basically getting worked over with just 2 safeties.......really need to get a good back 7. having a good DL with nothing else to go with it is pretty much like trying to eat a stake with a spoon, just not gonna work out to well

If you're concerned with DB's, Then you're not going to be happy with this in-coming class.

lumphog

Look, we're behind the 8 ball in recruitin, always have been, but, when these walkons start contributing..OH LOOK A SQUIRLL