Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB takes a shot...

Started by GalaHawg, February 03, 2016, 12:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Tony Perkis

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:02:13 pm
He didn't say they did anything wrong.  He said they do some things that surprise you.  Not his fault you took it and ran...
Come on man. He wouldn't be talking about it if the surprising things were just interesting fun tactics.

rhames

Where did he say that

And no I do not want a tweet of someone I have never heard of quoting him.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 03, 2016, 12:53:45 pm
This will blow up on him just like every other time he's run his mouth

Yeah. Like it ever matters.
[CENSORED]!

WriterWrong

Bielema's comment doesn't necessarily have negative connotations to it.

If you look at it from a viewpoint of "Ole Miss cheats", then yes, it would have a negative tone to it.

If you look at it from the standpoint that Ole Miss was simply pulling major recruits, it's more of a compliment.

Did CBB mean it as a jab at both Ole Miss and Florida? Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody on this board knows.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: JayBell on February 03, 2016, 01:05:49 pm
Damnit, Bret.  I respect Bielema so much for being open and honest about his feelings, especially in a profession where everyone just lies all the time and recites platitudes instead of actual responses.

But damn, man, pick smarter times to be honest.  Doing this on National Signing Day just makes him look dejected and scorned for missing out on every single target he had left.

I agree.  He is in an unethical, cutthroat business. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tony Perkis

Damnit, Bret.  I respect Bielema so much for being open and honest about his feelings, especially in a profession where everyone just lies all the time and recites platitudes instead of actual responses.

But damn, man, pick smarter times to be honest.  Doing this on National Signing Day just makes him look dejected and scorned for missing out on every single target he had left.
+1

longpig

Got a feeling Putu is being a puto.
Don't be scared, be smart.

MojoHog

Quote from: opineonswine on February 03, 2016, 12:54:38 pm
Funny that mouth running fans don't like the coach to do the same.  lol
Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Mr. Prozac

Whether he is calling someone out or paying a compliment is in the eye of the beholder--which is probably how he meant for it to be.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WriterWrong on February 03, 2016, 01:08:20 pm
Bielema's comment doesn't necessarily have negative connotations to it.

If you look at it from a viewpoint of "Ole Miss cheats", then yes, it would have a negative tone to it.

If you look at it from the standpoint that Ole Miss was simply pulling major recruits, it's more of a compliment.

Did CBB mean it as a jab at both Ole Miss and Florida? Maybe. Maybe not. Nobody on this board knows.

Yep.  Needs context that stupid Twitter doesn't provide. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

DukeOfPork

I agree.  I have mixed feelings.

Sometimes he says things out of emotion and that is not a good thing for a guy who always has a microphone in his face.

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2016, 01:08:20 pm
Got a feeling Putu is being a puto.
Haha. I will be so angry if so, but this cheered me up.

jry04

Quote from: heatmiser on February 03, 2016, 12:54:30 pm
"You recruit your problems" - Bielema.

Can go either way.
Not sure you understand what that quote means. Not surprising given our fans, but that quote means if the kid you recruit isn't a good kid then you are going to have problems with him going forward on campus.

You referencing it in this situation is not even on topic.

COCHISE

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2016, 01:06:10 pm
My gut says Putu.
Or perhaps Cleveland's aunt shared some insight into Florida's recruiting of him.

Dirty

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 03, 2016, 01:01:38 pm
Yes, really. Does this make you feel better about the recruiting finish we had? Florida landed some of our targets, so they MUST have done something wrong.

How much material does he need to give others?

Are we emotional today? 

HotlantaHog

What does it mean?

If they did something improper, write a letter of complaint to the SEC and/or NCAA. Otherwise, you are better to just keep it to yourself.

Coachspeak is a wonderful thing. CBB should learn it.

rhames

Quote from: GalaHawg on February 03, 2016, 12:51:00 pm
This is going to be huuuuuuggeee...

[tweet]694953235325571073[/tweet]

Who is Evan Cox and why should I believe what he says.

Sounds like he is making a joke.

hoglady

Could have been referencing Florida's underhanded tactics with Fulton.
I think they told him one of the LSU defensive coaches was leaving LSU after signing day.
If they're lying about the LSU staff - I'm sure they did some lying about Arkansas.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Tony Perkis

Quote from: Dirty on February 03, 2016, 01:11:41 pm
Are we emotional today?
Not sure how this has anything to do with being emotional. I would have the exact same sentiment towards the situation if he said it any other day. There's a time and place to open up about your feelings towards a certain situation. CBB seems to choose the wrong ones.

rustr

I saw him say it on ESPN and you could tell he was disappointed in the finish like many of us are. I'm extremely happy with who we got and we did outstanding at recruiting some positions, but still disappointed in the finish.

Fatmanhog

:PThank god we have someone with balls In this pathetic politically correct society. I'm sick of all the he's gonna get it for running his mouth crowd. Go away. It's nice to finally have someone that says the truth. Jesus people stop being so scared. I'd rather have CBB in my corner then some pansie that can't handle the truth. He's never been wrong when he says things like this but people try and burn him anyway. Good for you CBB keep telling them like it is.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hawgwash

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 03, 2016, 01:10:01 pm
What does it mean?

If they did something improper, write a letter of complaint to the SEC and/or NCAA. Otherwise, you are better to just keep it to yourself.

Yeah right.  The NCAA's response.  "Thanks for the information coach.  We'll get right on that just as soon as we complete the investigation into the Houston Nutt regime at Ole Miss".

OKC

Who knows...its ambiguous enough to mean several different things. My gut tells me he knows something UF has done and is firing a warning shot to some degree.

rhames

Quote from: Jean Lafitte on February 03, 2016, 01:16:05 pm
I saw him say it on ESPN and you could tell he was disappointed in the finish like many of us are. I'm extremely happy with who we got and we did outstanding at recruiting some positions, but still disappointed in the finish.

Thank you

DukeOfPork

I remember Bielema at Wisconsin being outraged over Urban Meyer's tactics.

It's comments like below that he needs to avoid:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/923552-urban-meyer-negative-recruiting-ohio-state-bret-bielema-upset

"I can tell you this," says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. "We at the Big Ten don't want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form."

MountieDawg

IMO if he knows they are cheating call the NCAA with proof, but to make claims and not do anything about it looks poor.  It looks like sour grapes!  If you know they were given $10,000 report it, if you know they gave a car, REPORT IT!  If you think the recruited negatively about your program, kick their butt on the field.  But nobody likes a whiner!!!!  Except the fans that think you can do know wrong and smite me for this post.

I am sure most people on this board have felt like they were passed over for a position, a job or other things and feel like the person that got that position may have lied about their accomplishments or back stabbed you.  They will get what is coming to them one day, but to be bitter about it only hurts you and they could care less.  I hope some reporter has the guts to ask him what he was referring to and not just let him slide with a vague accusation.
SEC!

duckman

Quote from: Fatmanhog on February 03, 2016, 01:17:12 pm
:PThank god we have someone with balls In this pathetic politically correct society. I'm sick of all the he's gonna get it for running his mouth crowd. Go away. It's nice to finally have someone that says the truth. Jesus people stop being so scared. I'd rather have CBB in my corner then some pansie that can't handle the truth. He's never been wrong when he says things like this but people try and burn him anyway. Good for you CBB keep telling them like it is.

Ditto...

scruf

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 03, 2016, 01:10:01 pm
What does it mean?

He gets millions to coach but he can't speak like a coach, that's rich!

PorkRinds

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 01:18:19 pm
IMO if he knows they are cheating call the NCAA with proof, but to make claims and not do anything about it looks poor.  It looks like sour grapes!  If you know they were given $10,000 report it, if you know they gave a car, REPORT IT!  If you think the recruited negatively about your program, kick their butt on the field.  But nobody likes a whiner!!!!  Except the fans that think you can do know wrong and smite me for this post.

I am sure most people on this board have felt like they were passed over for a position, a job or other things and feel like the person that got that position may have lied about their accomplishments or back stabbed you.  They will get what is coming to them one day, but to be bitter about it only hurts you and they could care less.  I hope some reporter has the guts to ask him what he was referring to and not just let him slide with a vague accusation.

He didn't actually make any claims.  But hey, who cares about actual facts?

TebowHater

Quote from: rhames on February 03, 2016, 01:10:38 pm

Who is Evan Cox and why should I believe what he says.

Sounds like he is making a joke.

Many hogs fans on this board reported hearing the same thing. was on an espn 2 interview

rustr

Quote from: rhames on February 03, 2016, 01:08:06 pm
Where did he say this?

He said it on ESPN2, they did like a quick 1-2 minute interview with him. I had the channel on there when it came on.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 03, 2016, 01:15:15 pm
I remember Bielema at Wisconsin being outraged over Urban Meyer's tactics.

It's comments like below that he needs to avoid:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/923552-urban-meyer-negative-recruiting-ohio-state-bret-bielema-upset

"I can tell you this," says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. "We at the Big Ten don't want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form."

According to CBB he wasn't talking about recruiting and his comments were taken out of context by a writer how wasn't even at the presser

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Jean Lafitte on February 03, 2016, 01:19:58 pm
He said it on ESPN2, they did like a quick 1-2 minute interview with him. I had the channel on there when it came on.

Context around the statement or was that it in relation to this topic?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 12:59:41 pm
It's not a big deal and there's probably some absolute truth behind it. But I think as a coach you don't want to give people more material to use against you.

Dude Gator fans have the exact same superiority complex Texas does...do you honestly believe this somehow makes them want to take us down when in their eyes we might as well be  Mississippi State.

Arkansas would have beat the brakes off Florida in 2015 but they were too busy fighting off 3-9 FAU in Overtime in Gainsville.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

longpig

Quote from: Fatmanhog on February 03, 2016, 01:17:12 pm

Mama didn't teach you to watch your mouth?
Don't be scared, be smart.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 03, 2016, 01:19:44 pm
According to CBB he wasn't talking about recruiting and his comments were taken out of context by a writer how wasn't even at the presser

This current comment, or the one about the SEC?

GalaHawg

[tweet]694959185734328320[/tweet]

HogsonHicks

I think it's outstanding. You can't expect and enjoy the candor, passion, and enthusiasm when things are going well and then complain about it when things aren't.

He's a football coach with uncommon honesty and transparency.  Calls it likes he sees it. I for one enjoy not having a typical coach-speaker at the helm.

RussVegas Hawg

A non issue but, once again ppl take it and blow it WAY out of proportion!! If this comment bothered you, grow a set and step into the real world. Not a single solitary thing wrong with what he said or how he said it.

HogFanDan

You could also spin it as pointing out that Florida is a program that hasn't had the tremendous success they had under Meyer, gone through a failure of a coaching change, and then landed a big class despite that just like Ole Miss landing a huge class despite not being a consistently major player whereas we have shown consistent improvement since the JLS Debacle.

Those statements are just ambiguous enough.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: scruf on February 03, 2016, 01:17:57 pm
He gets millions to coach but he can't speak like a coach, that's rich!
Coachspeak =  if you bring up another coach or team, you compliment them so effusively that no one believes you mean it. See Lou Holtz. And no clearly CBB hasn't learned it.

Atlhogfan1

Got no context from the video.  This happens often with his statements. 

Tony Perkis

Quote from: RussVegas Hawg on February 03, 2016, 01:21:17 pm
A non issue but, once again ppl take it and blow it WAY out of proportion!! If this comment bothered you, grow a set and step into the real world. Not a single solitary thing wrong with what he said or how he said it.
Disagree. Excuses don't go over too well in the real world.

azhog10

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:18:59 pm
He didn't actually make any claims.  But hey, who cares about actual facts?
Dude he may not have specifically came out and said what "UF is doing to surprise people" but by comparing them to Ole Miss, EVERYONE knows what he means. You literally have to know nothing about college football and then MAYBE you can read that and think he meant it positively.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: longpig on February 03, 2016, 01:19:59 pm
Mama didn't teach you to watch your mouth?
yes but she also taught me to speak the truth. I'm guessing yours taught you to hide in the corner.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

azhog10

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on February 03, 2016, 01:21:12 pm
Dude Gator fans have the exact same superiority complex Texas does...do you honestly believe this somehow makes them want to take us down when in their eyes we might as well be  Mississippi State.

Arkansas would have beat the brakes off Florida in 2015 but they were too busy fighting off 3-9 FAU in Overtime in Gainsville.
I don't think it wants THEM as an entity want to take us down. But I have a feeling their coach will take what he said a little personal. No way he doens't.

PorkRinds

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 03, 2016, 01:19:53 pm
Coachspeak =  if you bring up another coach or team, you compliment them so effusively that no one believes you mean it. See Lou Holtz. And no clearly CBB hasn't learned it.

That's exactly what he did.  He was saying that Florida has done some things in recruiting, just like Ole Miss.  Anyone interpreting it as him accusing them of cheating is guessing, at best.