Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB takes a shot...

Started by GalaHawg, February 03, 2016, 12:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncommon

Quote from: oldbear on February 03, 2016, 08:57:12 pm
5-3 in the SEC this year. I believe we improve by one next year. I also think we got some players that will contribute in this class. Not quite enough, but several strong contributors. I don't care what he meant. I'm with him. Keep improving coach.
I'm hoping for 9-3 next season so I'd love that conference record next year too.

Uncommon

Hambunctious

Coach has some set of brass balls. I wish he could say what he really wants to say.  Heck, he's only saying what many were thinking.  If I had the means to do something about it, I sure would.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

WBOBO

Here is my take on this, and I may get slapped.  If a recruit takes dirty handed money, or cars, or whatever and this makes to make him commit
then he is a weak minded, not going to be prompt for meetings type kid.

Gainesville  is a DUMP.  Period.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Iamjacksleftnutt

I'd volunteer to be a bag man in a New York minute. Especially if it meant taking recruits away from those sleazy Gators for coach.

buldozer

Everybody knows what he meant and so does FL and MS..... they just don't like it cause they have been cheatin and they know it and so does everybody else....

Hambunctious

I'm betting Jeff Long made him "Clarify" his words. Political correctness is a whip cracking slave driver.  I know it gnaws at Bret that he can't just say what he means. It would me.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

oldbear

New quote from Swamp Donkey that they just played on the radio this morning in which he says of Coach B, I don't even know who he is and basically says he hasn't heard a word from him. Makes me dislike him even more. Freeze proves that BB did call them and clarify and McElwain then comes out and lies about it.

I think we beat them straight up this year and keep trending upward. I also think our kids get way more motivation out of this than anyone else.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hambunctious on February 03, 2016, 10:33:27 pm
I'm betting Jeff Long made him "Clarify" his words. Political correctness is a whip cracking slave driver.  I know it gnaws at Bret that he can't just say what he means. It would me.

I really doubt Long made him do anything...

PorkRinds

Swamp Donkey's response shows what a POS he really is.

QuoteI'm not sure we really ran into him on the recruiting trail but you know I know what I'm all about

Really, swamp donkey?  We went against him for multiple recruits, and had one guy flip to them on NSD, but he's not really sure they ran into him?  Gotta love dishonesty.

hogcard1964

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 08:07:39 am
Swamp Donkey's response shows what a POS he really is.

Really, swamp donkey?  We went against him for multiple recruits, and had one guy flip to them on NSD, but he's not really sure they ran into him?  Gotta love dishonesty.

The Jim Bob Dugar look-a-like, shooting his mouth off.  That guy is an a%$ clown.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

southarkhog06

I will never be able to unsee that

Jim Harris

Quote from: hollywood hog on February 03, 2016, 01:05:01 pm
Hated our finish but like this comment.  I wish B would just flat say it though.  Congratulate Ole Miss on another stellar class that cost millions to lock down.  If a juco QB is worth 200k, what is the #1 hs qb in the country worth?  500k?

They hired his brother.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogcard1964

hoglady

At least Freeze handled it with some sort of class after Beliema called him.
McElwain made those comments AFTER Beliema had called him to explain what he meant.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

RyeHogFan

McElwain says he doesn't know who Bielema is.  Whenever his little Gators get their collective derrieres handed to them in Fayetteville, he'll know. 

PorkSoda

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 04, 2016, 12:12:09 pm
McElwain says he doesn't know who Bielema is.  Whenever his little Gators get their collective derrieres handed to them in Fayetteville, he'll know. 
no doubt.  I can't wait to play them.  there is no way we lose to them.  the east is weak, no matter what recruits they steal.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

I used to hate it when CBB would take shots.  but now I'm like screw'm.  we know what CBB is building here, and the SEC better what out.  Hogs have no qualms playing spoiler as freeze and miles found out last year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

tampahog

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 04, 2016, 12:19:35 pm
no doubt.  I can't wait to play them.  there is no way we lose to them.  the east is weak, no matter what recruits they steal.

I'd love that to be true but we haven't beat them since we joined the SEC in 1992 so we shouldn't talk trash until we prove it.  Next years UA team has lots of unknowns.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: oldbear on February 04, 2016, 07:40:15 am

I think we beat them straight up this year and keep trending upward. I also think our kids get way more motivation out of this than anyone else.

Don't for the ref screw job we got the last time we were there.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hogcard1964

Quote from: RyeHogFan on February 04, 2016, 12:12:09 pm

McElwain knows exactly who CBB is.  He coached against him when he was an assistant at Michigan St. from 2003–2005 and Bielema was an assistant at Wisky.   Pretty sure Wisconsin played them during that stretch.   ;)

PorkRinds

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 04, 2016, 12:19:35 pm

Oh, there's a way we lose to them. 

tampahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 04, 2016, 01:16:23 pm
Oh, there's a way we lose to them. 

I told myself this year that we had an offense of mostly 4* and experienced upper classmen at every position (with a couple of exception on the OL and WR) and thus we should be able to hang 42 on Toledo in our sleep.   

razorbackkid

Quote from: The Boar War on February 03, 2016, 04:58:56 pm
If everyone assumes that being compared to Ole Miss is a bad thing what does that say about Ole Miss?

Coach didn't say a thing.  He let everyone's own ideas of Ole Miss trash Florida. Killing two birds with one stone is indeed uncommon.
Quote from: COCHISE on February 03, 2016, 08:54:31 pm
That's what I find humorous about he whole thing. CBB compares Florida to Ole Miss and everybody just ASSUMES he's talking about cheating. Just shows what kind of reputation Ole Miss has right now.

CBB is a smart man.  What he said was well stated.  The inference is left for the audience to decide while having a means to dismiss any misunderstanding.  Brilliant.

I like our Coach.

:razorback:
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Country Stylz

I'm worried about the refs sticking it to us in a couple of key games next year because of what Bret said.

ricepig

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 04, 2016, 03:24:20 pm
I'm worried about the refs sticking it to us in a couple of key games next year because of what Bret said.

The refs are in on it too?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?