Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB takes a shot...

Started by GalaHawg, February 03, 2016, 12:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver

Let's whine because others are willing to do things that we choose not to do. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: rljjr on February 03, 2016, 01:47:30 pm
The people who went negative are the one's who need to ask themselves why they automatically thought that way. THEY are the ones who believe OM and Fla are cheating.

Oh I believe they are cheating.  But I don't think he was calling them out on it on national TV. 

a0ashle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:46:52 pm
Then don't say it.  He could have said he thought Fl and OM did some things well in recruiting their current classes.  One sentence doesn't take 90 seconds.

because he said they "Surprise you"? Give it a rest.

MountieDawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:41:48 pm
And he didn't...

PorkRinds if CBB said he weighed 90 pounds would you believe him?  That answer would be YES
SEC!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:50:18 pm
That's pretty much what he said...

Pretty much doesn't work in the Twitter world especially with BB seemingly a fav of the "media" tweeters. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: Oliver on February 03, 2016, 01:48:04 pm
Let's whine because others are willing to do things that we choose not to do.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: a0ashle on February 03, 2016, 01:51:54 pm
because he said they "Surprise you"? Give it a rest.

Give what a rest?  What is surprising about his SEC competition recruiting well? 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

a0ashle

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:51:01 pm
Pretty much doesn't work in the Twitter world especially with BB seemingly a fav of the "media" tweeters.

I just want to be clear, are we advocating political correctness, but only if it hurts Florida's feelings?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:51:01 pm

Why would I care about the twitter world?  I don't think the man should measure everything he says against how twitter will react.  He flat out said Florida is doing some shocking things in recruiting like Ole Miss is.  They both have highly ranked classes.  It's not his fault if someone gets butt hurt because a reporter misinterprets what he said.  And then our own "fans" perpetuate it. 

cc

Quote from: Tony Perkis on February 03, 2016, 01:01:38 pm
Yes, really. Does this make you feel better about the recruiting finish we had? Florida landed some of our targets, so they MUST have done something wrong.

How much material does he need to give others?

They are doing things wrong and that is the point. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: a0ashle on February 03, 2016, 01:53:47 pm
I just want to be clear, are we advocating political correctness, but only if it hurts Florida's feelings?

I never advocate political correctness. 

We have no idea what he meant?

DOGALUM

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:44:49 pm
Just as likely as him accusing them of cheating especially considering their reported friendship.  Problem is so many of his comments get taken out of context because he doesn't explain well.
They don't get taken out of context....they just get twisted because people are looking for a story.   He doesn't have to explain what he said....unless people don't understand what words mean. 

Coach B: "Nick Saban must be an amazing coach to have such consistent classes and winning teams"

Internet: "Fat Bert B takes shot at Saban.  All but says Saban runs a dirty program".

Stupidity
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:54:06 pm
Why would I care about the twitter world?  I don't think the man should measure everything he says against how twitter will react.  He flat out said Florida is doing some shocking things in recruiting like Ole Miss is.  They both have highly ranked classes.  It's not his fault if someone gets butt hurt because a reporter misinterprets what he said.  And then our own "fans" perpetuate it.

You may not.  I've never participated in it myself.  But he does and it is used to disperse "news" these days and bring attention to the tweeter.  Context doesn't matter if the desired attention is gained.  When does Florida not have highly ranked classes?

ATU HOG

This seems like it's getting blown out of proportion.  I think he's just saying they're doing some surprising things, which in his eyes they might be. People would prolly say if we had a top 10 recruiting class that it would be surprising.

Florida usually puts together a top 15 class nationally, so I don't think it's too much of a shock.  Just so happens they snagged some that we were after.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: DOGALUM on February 03, 2016, 01:56:48 pm
They don't get taken out of context....they just get twisted because people are looking for a story.   He doesn't have to explain what he said....unless people don't understand what words mean. 

Coach B: "Nick Saban must be an amazing coach to have such consistent classes and winning teams"

Internet: "Fat Bret B takes shot at Saban.  All but says Saban runs a dirty program".

Stupidity

Not much of a difference.  I agree with you.  "Media" members or even non media members looking for attention on Twitter does this. 

BB doesn't have to explain but it doesn't mean the public will interpret correctly what he says with what he means. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:55:54 pm
You may not.  I've never participated in it myself.  But he does and it is used to disperse "news" these days and bring attention to the tweeter.  Context doesn't matter if the desired attention is gained.  When does Florida not have highly ranked classes?

They went from 20 to top 10 in one year...

TM Hog

Here's the bottom line, according to Rivals we only beat Vandy and Mizzou in recruiting.  I know we aren't Alabama or Georgia but we are sure as heck better than OM, MSU, Kentucky, SC-E and we should be about even with A&M.  I like the kids that picked Arkansas don't get me wrong, but if we are happy with 7-5 and 8-4 seasons then we are in good shape.  Frankly I'm frustrated that we can't close the deal with elite talent. Something is just not getting done.

cc

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 01:18:19 pm
IMO if he knows they are cheating call the NCAA with proof, but to make claims and not do anything about it looks poor.  It looks like sour grapes!  If you know they were given $10,000 report it, if you know they gave a car, REPORT IT!  If you think the recruited negatively about your program, kick their butt on the field.  But nobody likes a whiner!!!!  Except the fans that think you can do know wrong and smite me for this post.

I am sure most people on this board have felt like they were passed over for a position, a job or other things and feel like the person that got that position may have lied about their accomplishments or back stabbed you.  They will get what is coming to them one day, but to be bitter about it only hurts you and they could care less.  I hope some reporter has the guts to ask him what he was referring to and not just let him slide with a vague accusation.

Because there is proof but NCAA does nothing.  If I get passed up for a promotion because of some shady back room dealings, I'm calling everyone involved out.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:59:32 pm
They went from 20 to top 10 in one year...

That isn't a surprise. 

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 01:18:19 pm
IMO if he knows they are cheating call the NCAA with proof, but to make claims and not do anything about it looks poor.  It looks like sour grapes!  If you know they were given $10,000 report it, if you know they gave a car, REPORT IT!  If you think the recruited negatively about your program, kick their butt on the field.  But nobody likes a whiner!!!!  Except the fans that think you can do know wrong and smite me for this post.

I am sure most people on this board have felt like they were passed over for a position, a job or other things and feel like the person that got that position may have lied about their accomplishments or back stabbed you.  They will get what is coming to them one day, but to be bitter about it only hurts you and they could care less.  I hope some reporter has the guts to ask him what he was referring to and not just let him slide with a vague accusation.

There are many things in life that you KNOW but if asked to provide proof, it might be quite hard to do.  Because BB said it like he did doesn't make it not true, but having smoking gun proof might be another matter.  And in that case, it would probably be best for everyone involved for BB to just not say anything. 

BB may have been told by someone he trusts implicitly that Fla and Ole Miss are doing this or doing that, but if you ask BB to get that person to stand up in front of cameras and go thru the smear campaigns from the other schools' fan bases, I am sure he wouldn't do it, so, no, he couldn't or wouldn't prove it but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

However in situations like these, "discretion is the better part of valor."  Just be quiet and smile and support your recruits.  Hopefully in the end, the cheaters will get what is coming to them.

hei5manhog

Quote from: DOGALUM on February 03, 2016, 01:56:48 pm

Internet: "Fat Bret B takes shot at Saban.  All but says Saban runs a dirty program".

Stupidity

except they would call him B e r t
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

MountieDawg

Florida has averaged a Top 10 class for the past 10 years
SEC!

PorkRinds

Quote from: TM Hog on February 03, 2016, 01:59:29 pm
Here's the bottom line, according to Rivals we only beat Vandy and Mizzou in recruiting.  I know we aren't Alabama or Georgia but we are sure as heck better than OM, MSU, Kentucky, SC-E and we should be about even with A&M.  I like the kids that picked Arkansas don't get me wrong, but if we are happy with 7-5 and 8-4 seasons then we are in good shape.  Frankly I'm frustrated that we can't close the deal with elite talent. Something is just not getting done.
247 has us ranked 9th in conference, so that means we are ahead of everyone on your list but Ole Miss, and they are lights out recruiting right now, whether they're cheating or not.  What's not getting done is the wins.  When those come, we'll get more top rated guys.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 02:03:52 pm
247 has us ranked 9th in conference, so that means we are ahead of everyone on your list but Ole Miss, and they are lights out recruiting right now, whether they're cheating or not.  What's not getting done is the wins.  When those come, we'll get more top rated guys.

Don't use facts. Or tell him that Rivals hasn't been good in 5 years as all the ppl that started left and started 247

Been10Hog

Iamjacksleftnutt

Quote from: HotlantaHog on February 03, 2016, 01:35:53 pm
If you are in Florida or Texas and have to resort to cheating to win, you should be fired. Unnecessary.

Exactly. But they do.

longpig

Quote from: ATU HOG on February 03, 2016, 01:59:24 pm
This seems like it's getting blown out of proportion.  I think he's just saying they're doing some surprising things, which in his eyes they might be. People would prolly say if we had a top 10 recruiting class that it would be surprising.

Florida usually puts together a top 15 class nationally, so I don't think it's too much of a shock.  Just so happens they snagged some that we were after.

Yeh, UF and OM aren't the greatest of comparisons in this regard.
Don't be scared, be smart.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 02:03:52 pm
247 has us ranked 9th in conference, so that means we are ahead of everyone on your list but Ole Miss
Yeah his main problem was he was using rivals as his source
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Atlhogfan1

What does it take for some of you to get football recruiting is about location?  Lexington, Ky is a short easy drive from Ohio.  Check out the number of recruits they get from Ohio.  SC-E in the Carolinas and close to Ga.  What is Fay close to - Ok, Ks and Mo?  No surprise they can get comparably ranked classes and SC-E to get higher ranked classes. 

Redhogs

Thank you.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ROASHE

Bielema says earlier comments meant "Florida is everywhere" in recruiting. He called McElwain/Freeze to clarify that it was compliment

PorkRinds

Bo Mattingly
@SportsTalkwBo
  7m 
Bret Bielema: I was paying a compliment to UF. This past week, we were competing vs. them for a lot of guys, and we hadn't seen that before. 

Hawg Life

GolfnHog

Quote from: ROASHE on February 03, 2016, 01:40:35 pm
Jacquez Green™ ‏@JacquezGreen  30m30 minutes ago
So that fat coach for Arkansas took shots at the Gators

Herein lies a small problem. Pissing off coaches in Florida. Jacquez is a coach at Tallahassee Lincoln

Well Duh, Green also played at UF and I'm pretty damn sure not every HS coach in FL is a UF grad. Talk about a mountain out of molehill. The only time it would be an issue is if the Hogs are recruiting at that particular HS and it's probably moot as long as Jacquez Green is still coaching there. smh!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

longpig

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 02:08:42 pm
What does it take for some of you to get football recruiting is about location?  Lexington, Ky is a short easy drive from Ohio.  Check out the number of recruits they get from Ohio.  SC-E in the Carolinas and close to Ga.  What is Fay close to - Ok, Ks and Mo?  No surprise they can get comparably ranked classes and SC-E to get higher ranked classes.

Good point, we should've built the UofA in Lake Village or Hope.

ROASHE

Bret Bielema: I was paying a compliment to UF. This past week, we were competing vs. them for a lot of guys, and we hadn't seen that before.

TNhawgfan

Even if he originally meant it to be a jab, I'm glad BB clarified it was a compliment
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ROASHE

Quote from: GolfnHog on February 03, 2016, 02:10:11 pm
Well Duh, Green also played at UF and I'm pretty damn sure not every HS coach in FL is a UF grad. Talk about a mountain out of molehill. The only time it would be an issue is if the Hogs are recruiting at that particular HS and it's probably moot as long as Jacquez Green is still coaching there. smh!

The point was that you have to be careful who you talk about because you never know who you're going to piss off. Of course, now we know that his quote was taken out of context

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ROASHE on February 03, 2016, 01:40:35 pm
Jacquez Green™ ‏@JacquezGreen  30m30 minutes ago
So that fat coach for Arkansas took shots at the Gators

Herein lies a small problem. Pissing off coaches in Florida. Jacquez is a coach at Tallahassee Lincoln

Dude you are acting stupid. Jacques is going to send every player he has to Fl

longpig

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 03, 2016, 02:15:25 pm
Even if he originally meant it to be a jab, I'm glad BB clarified it was a compliment

I'm not sure clarified is the right word here.

MountieDawg

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 02:12:25 pm
Bo Mattingly
@SportsTalkwBo
  7m 

Those were the weirdest facial expressions ever for a compliment!  Make those faces at your wife and ask her if she is wearing that dress?  She will know that it is not a compliment!   Not to mention Florida has out recruited Arkansas every year CBB has been here, they have had the 3rd ranked class, the 9th ranked class and the 20th ranked class and this year the 12th ranked class so I would say that is about average for them.... We all know what CBB meant.
SEC!

HawgCan

While I don't see any problem with what CBB said, I will be fine with the national media picking it up and twisting it however they want!  Bad publicity is better than no publicity!  Several of the idiots on this board make think of you as boys (not men) that do not know how to take up for themselves except for when they are behind a keyboard!

PorkRinds

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 02:23:55 pm
Those were the weirdest facial expressions ever for a compliment!  Make those faces at your wife and ask her if she is wearing that dress?  She will know that it is not a compliment!

Oooooh.  So now it's his facial expressions that tell the real story.  Good god.

XavierZane

Nobody can yet 100% for certain prove that Ole Miss or Florida are cheaters, and nobody can 100% for certain prove that CBB was using a national media platform to imply they are cheaters.  Plausible deniability all around. 

Been10Hog

Quote from: Been10Hog on February 03, 2016, 01:33:47 pm
No it's interpreted as a shot if we lose Putu to UF when he never even visited there after also losing Cleveland to them when his Aunt said we were by far her favorite!

Hoggish1

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 12:53:23 pm
Love CBB, but why? We play them this next season correct? Why take pot shots this early that will only fuel things down the road. I could understand if we aren't playing them next year but if he actually said this I wish he wouldn't have.

CBB is right.  Try again...

SDZ_Hog

I bet he is nine kinds of po'd.   SEC office pupetier took over.