Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB takes a shot...

Started by GalaHawg, February 03, 2016, 12:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

After watching that clip I'm not even sure he meant it as a cut to Florida at all/ it just as easily could have been a compliment (as in shocking they've done so well).
Mountain out of molehill.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PorkRinds

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 01:24:38 pm
Dude he may not have specifically came out and said what "UF is doing to surprise people" but by comparing them to Ole Miss, EVERYONE knows what he means. You literally have to know nothing about college football and then MAYBE you can read that and think he meant it positively.

Oh, I get it.  You're going to make an assumption about what he meant in a 10 second sound byte, and use it to assume he accused someone of cheating.  Makes total sense.  Especially for a hog fan.

azhog10

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 03, 2016, 01:19:44 pm
According to CBB he wasn't talking about recruiting and his comments were taken out of context by a writer how wasn't even at the presser
That's a hard argument when you say florida is doing some things that surprise you in recruiting. He may not have meant it to be negative but he was definitely talking about recruiting.

HotlantaHog

Steve Spurrier did the same thing, though Spurrier did win the SEC championship and the national championship at UF.

If CBB does the same at Arkansas, I will start viewing his shots at other coaches and programs as pleasant and enjoyable. Until that happens, I think he would do better to keep his comments on other coaches and programs to himself.

HogWild7886

Oh no, idiots on other teams message boards are gonna talk bad about us now, I just can't go on now

Dwight_K_Shrute

Screw context.  He B*rt Bielema.  He speak his mind.  He don't care and neither should we.

WTH do we care what Florida, Ole P, or anyone else thinks.  Oh my gawd we better watch our P's and Q's.

If it creates some fire so be it.  That's life in the SEC.  Eff them all.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 01:28:02 pm
That's a hard argument when you say florida is doing some things that surprise you in recruiting. He may not have meant it to be negative but he was definitely talking about recruiting.

This is completely different situation. Clearly he is talking about FL recruiting today.

But the Urban Meyer thing he has said it was not even about recruiting

azhog10

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:27:57 pm
Oh, I get it.  You're going to make an assumption about what he meant in a 10 second sound byte, and use it to assume he accused someone of cheating.  Makes total sense.  Especially for a hog fan.
I'm saying anytime you compare anyone to ole miss, and say the word recruiting EVERYONE is going to think cheating. That's because EVERYONE understands that you don't do what Ole Miss has done and not cheat. Now, CBB could be talking about a million different things that could absolutely have nothing to do with cheating. But I watched the interview and I chuckled and said "shots fired" bc that's exactly how it came across.

ShadowTheHedgehog

I did not take it that way. I took his comment as there is Florida, and then the new Ole Miss (Compared to what Ole Miss used to be) and Ole Miss as being the surprise /shrugs

Iamjacksleftnutt

Florida should get the death penalty in ALL sports. They cheat in recruiting. If you have them beat on the field they cheat by paying off the officials. Florida is the biggest cheat in all of college athletics. All the talent they have down there in Florida and they steal a Texas guy Arkansas has been on this long ? And if they are using the same cheap tactics with Putu I'd be ticked too !!!

I'm glad to see FU back on the schedule. If they don't buy off the officials again this year CBB is going to blast them. I hate FU... I hope we win tonight in BB too. But I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to cheat their way to a win there too... HATE HATE HATE the gators.

azhog10

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 03, 2016, 01:29:04 pm
This is completely different situation. Clearly he is talking about FL recruiting today.
Oh I agree. I was just saying for him to say he wasn't talking about recruiting, and actually use the word recruiting means he was talking about recruiting. I can buy that he's talking about UF recruiting today, but he's talking about recruiting.

COCHISE

The only reason it was taken as a shot is because the idiot that tweeted it prefaced the quote by saying "Salty Bielema just took a shot at UF."

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 03, 2016, 01:29:37 pm
Florida should get the death penalty in ALL sports. They cheat in recruiting. If you have them beat on the field they cheat by paying off the officials. Florida is the biggest cheat in all of college athletics. All the talent they have down there in Florida and they steal a Texas guy Arkansas has been on this long ? And if they are using the same cheap tactics with Putu I'd be ticked too !!!

I'm glad to see FU back on the schedule. If they don't buy off the officials again this year CBB is going to blast them. I hate FU... I hope we win tonight in BB too. But I wouldn't put it past them to find a way to cheat their way to a win there too... HATE HATE HATE the gators.

Off your meds?

lilRockNDubb

Quote from: Wildhog on February 03, 2016, 01:01:58 pm
So you have an update?

Yes. From the same ppl who said Solomn was all hog.. DGB was all hog.. Cleveland was all hog..

Just be ready......

azhog10

Quote from: COCHISE on February 03, 2016, 01:31:37 pm
The only reason it was taken as a shot is because the idiot that tweeted it prefaced the quote by saying "CBB takes a shot at Florida."
Well I watched it in real time and thought the same thing. Had he been given more time maybe he is able to explain what he means and it doesn't come off that way. That's the sucky part about those short interviews if you say something like that. I like CBB and believe that if he feels strongly about something I'd support him with it. But it isn't going to sit well with a lot of folks.

Pork Twain

I love that we have a coach that people love and is completely honest.  He talks in person, like many on here need to hide behind a keyboard to do.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Been10Hog

Quote from: COCHISE on February 03, 2016, 01:31:37 pm
The only reason it was taken as a shot is because the idiot that tweeted it prefaced the quote by saying "Salty Bielema just took a shot at UF."
No it's interpreted as a shot if we lose Putu to UF when he never even visited there after also losing Cleveland to them when his Aunt said we were by far her favorite!

PorkRinds

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 01:29:43 pm
I'm saying anytime you compare anyone to ole miss, and say the word recruiting EVERYONE is going to think cheating. That's because EVERYONE understands that you don't do what Ole Miss has done and not cheat. Now, CBB could be talking about a million different things that could absolutely have nothing to do with cheating. But I watched the interview and I chuckled and said "shots fired" bc that's exactly how it came across.

Cool. You assumed he was accusing them of cheating, so he must be.  He could have easily been saying that FL is now recruiting really well, like Ole Miss.  But hey, who should talk the most darn about our coach if it isn't our own fans?

ROASHE

Hugh Freeze just told SI's Signing Day show that Bret Bielema called him and said his earlier comments were meant to compliment Ole Miss.

jkstock04

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 03, 2016, 01:15:15 pm
I remember Bielema at Wisconsin being outraged over Urban Meyer's tactics.

It's comments like below that he needs to avoid:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/923552-urban-meyer-negative-recruiting-ohio-state-bret-bielema-upset

"I can tell you this," says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. "We at the Big Ten don't want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form."

I'll never forget that. Hogville ROASTED Bielema over that one.

On this deal here today though....I honestly don't see the 100% clarification of what he said as pointing to cheating recruiting tactics. Maybe he left it open ended like that on purpose though. But to me it's at least possible he meant it how it reads. I didn't see it though...seeing him saying it live would give better clarification.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: ROASHE on February 03, 2016, 01:34:43 pm
Hugh Freeze just told SI’s Signing Day show that Bret Bielema called him and said his earlier comments were meant to compliment Ole Miss.

BB has said on different occasions that he's got a close relationship with Freeze. The respect is mutual.

azhog10

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:34:27 pm
Cool. You assumed he was accusing them of cheating, so he must be.  He could have easily been saying that FL is now recruiting really well, like Ole Miss.  But hey, who should talk the most darn about our coach if it isn't our own fans?
Okay a bit sensitive obviously. I'm saying true or not true it didn't come off great. I could care less if he is saying FL is cheating, they probably are. I'm just saying I wish he would have spent more time talking about the kids we have and not opening up that can of worms. He chose to do that and I respect him for it.

hammer66

Quote from: azhog10 on February 03, 2016, 12:53:23 pm
Love CBB, but why? We play them this next season correct? Why take pot shots this early that will only fuel things down the road. I could understand if we aren't playing them next year but if he actually said this I wish he wouldn't have.

I love it! Give em bulletin board material. I think he's just cocky enough and he thinks we'll beat em anyways. Why be afraid of anyone, it's just a game. IMO, the only way our hogs will ever win the SEC is if our coach Instills the belief in our players we r better than the rest.
We can only hope our coaches and players aren't afraid of what might happen with our opponents if one of em speaks their mind about other schools BS

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 03, 2016, 01:29:37 pm

If you are in Florida or Texas and have to resort to cheating to win, you should be fired. Unnecessary.

PorkRinds

Hugh Freeze just told SI's Signing Day show that Bret Bielema called him and said his earlier comments were meant to compliment Ole Miss.

No way!!! It's obvious he called them all cheaters.  Hogville's expert interpreters said so!

thefisher

February 03, 2016, 01:38:30 pm #125 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 01:55:15 pm by thefisher
Quote from: HogWild7886 on February 03, 2016, 01:27:42 pm
Oh no, idiots on other teams message boards are gonna talk bad about us now, I just can't go on now

Agreed. Not much else actually comes from it.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Been10Hog

I think BB would have reason to be pissed if he had received a silent commit from Cleveland and the public commit from Putu then he flips to UF. If that happened I hope he reports them!

MountieDawg

Quote from: HogFanDan on February 03, 2016, 01:21:24 pm
You could also spin it as pointing out that Florida is a program that hasn't had the tremendous success they had under Meyer, gone through a failure of a coaching change, and then landed a big class despite that just like Ole Miss landing a huge class despite not being a consistently major player whereas we have shown consistent improvement since the JLS Debacle.

Those statements are just ambiguous enough.

Florida did get 10 wins its 1st year under its new coach in its first year.... That is pretty good especially since he got 7 conference wins which ties in with CBB in conf wins and CBB has been coaching in the conf for 3 years. Maybe CBB was surprised the Florida coaching staff told the recruits that...  What makes me mad, is I was just about to come around and like him as a coach but then he makes a statement that pushes me away again.
SEC!

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Fatmanhog on February 03, 2016, 01:17:12 pm

He's never been wrong when he says things like this but people try and burn him anyway.

No, the problem is that he HAS been wrong.  If he was always right when he shoots his mouth off, I would agree with you.

scruf

lilRockNDubb

He also stated that he didn't  ::hornsdown:: while shaking Strongs hand for pics before the Texas bowl either...

ROASHE

Jacquez Green™ ‏@JacquezGreen  30m30 minutes ago
So that fat coach for Arkansas took shots at the Gators

Herein lies a small problem. Pissing off coaches in Florida. Jacquez is a coach at Tallahassee Lincoln

PorkRinds

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 03, 2016, 01:39:21 pm
Florida did get 10 wins its 1st year under its new coach in its first year.... That is pretty good especially since he got 7 conference wins which ties in with CBB in conf wins and CBB has been coaching in the conf for 3 years. Maybe CBB was surprised the Florida coaching staff told the recruits that...  What makes me mad, is I was just about to come around and like him as a coach but then he makes a statement that pushes me away again.

You'll survive sweetheart.  If this is what did it, you were just tricking yourself into thinking you liked him anyway.  I hope your shattered heart will continue ticking... :puke:

SemperFi

Quote from: opineonswine on February 03, 2016, 12:54:38 pm
Funny that mouth running fans don't like the coach to do the same.  lol

Exactly!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

PorkRinds

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 03, 2016, 01:39:50 pm
He also stated that he didn't  ::hornsdown:: while shaking Strongs hand for pics before the Texas bowl either...

And he didn't...

rhames

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 03, 2016, 01:39:50 pm

Becase he didn't intentionally
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

a0ashle

Hey, today did turnout like Christmas morning, but only for the CBB haters who hide in waiting.

LJHOG

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 03, 2016, 12:53:01 pm
Good for Coach.
Yeah, you tell 'em boy.  I bet they'll feel real bad.

PorkRinds

Quote from: a0ashle on February 03, 2016, 01:43:07 pm
Hey, today did turnout like Christmas morning, but only for the CBB haters who hide in waiting.

Indeed.

MojoHog

Go Hogs!
Go Pack Go!

Theolesnort

I for one hope he said it, hope he meant it and is peed off enough to do something about it. To many of you fellows are to timid and willing to take this stuff. Evidently Bielema is getting fed up with it. Ya'ii can't be grinders unless you have some grit to you.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

a0ashle

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:43:16 pm
Indeed.

I am still holding out hope that they see their shadow and go away for 6 weeks.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MojoHog on February 03, 2016, 01:44:34 pm
https://twitter.com/ZacEllis/status/694966918466441216

Just as likely as him accusing them of cheating especially considering their reported friendship.  Problem is so many of his comments get taken out of context because he doesn't explain well.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:44:49 pm
Just as likely as him accusing them of cheating especially considering their reported friendship.  Problem is so many of his comments get taken out of context because he doesn't explain well.

Yeah, he should be able to explain really well in the 90 seconds of that interview.

Pork Twain

Obviously Hugh is lying and that never happened...  Those looking to slam BB any chance they get said differently
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogsonHicks

Of course now we can construe this as meaning he was complimenting OM's effective cheating capabilities!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: PorkRinds on February 03, 2016, 01:46:39 pm
Yeah, he should be able to explain really well in the 90 seconds of that interview.

Then don't say it.  He could have said he thought Fl and OM did some things well in recruiting their current classes.  One sentence doesn't take 90 seconds. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Nosboar Accubond

rljjr

The people who went negative are the one's who need to ask themselves why they automatically thought that way. THEY are the ones who believe OM and Fla are cheating.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 03, 2016, 01:46:52 pm
Then don't say it.  He could have said he thought Fl and OM did some things well in recruiting their current classes.  One sentence doesn't take 90 seconds.

That's pretty much what he said...