Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

where are you right now with this class emotionally?

Started by pondwater jack, February 03, 2016, 12:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MississippiHawg

Content. We can't seem to figure out how to start the season on the field and then can't close on signing day. We are close but we still have a long way to go.

HawgWalsh

Between content and fired up.  Seems like not long ago we were ranked in the 30s with 1-3 4 stars...  I trust coach in picking quality young men. I like the direction we are headed.

Ā 

hawgwash

Quote from: hawgwash on February 03, 2016, 12:32:51 pm
Content.

Frank Broyles used to say, "They remember November".  Because that was the finish to the football season.  The most recent memory.  Same applies here.  Everyone will remember the last two weeks of recruiting and be disappointed.  It will take seeing Agim, Whaley, Putu, Jones, etc. perform on the field next fall to ease the sting. 
One other thought.  The day/recruiting class isn't over.  We're sitting on 3 scholarships.  Don't know if there is a Philon or Town out there, but I bet we get somebody else we like.

Kevin

like the class. most people live is the microwave of what happen the past week.

this class is a very good class, that the work was done early.

how would some of you feel is whaley & agim, Guidry had committed today. 

look past today. this is a good class
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

010HogFan

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 03, 2016, 12:30:01 pm
Disappointed
We missed so badly the past 3 weeks
This class won't get us over the 7-8 win huddle, not with our schedule

Knee jerk? I bet you never gave any thought to the redshirt guys we have coming off a year in the program

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

jgphillips3

Deflated but happy with the guys we got.  Look, when you whiff on all the big names at the end, it's going to let air out of the bag.  It doesn't take away from a salty group of guys who did sign but the difference between great and really good is the late whiffs.  However, we may find some Ricky Town's to give those scholarships to later and boost it back up.

Incidentally, I still think this will be a foundational class that we point back to in years to come.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

rustr

Happy with who we have. Disappointed in the finish.

imtad16

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 03, 2016, 12:38:31 pm
Knee jerk? I bet you never gave any thought to the redshirt guys we have coming off a year in the program

Or QB depth. We are in a great place at QB and that is the most important position by far in CFB in 2016.

pondwater jack

Quote from: RazrRila99 on February 03, 2016, 12:34:24 pm
Im fired up for the kids.  Disappointed in the fans.  The talent on the hill is better than we have ever had.  Big things coming for our Razorbacks.

Woo Pig!!!
I believe CBB is building it the only way he can to make it work here.  One brick at a time.

Trimming the fat until you have a lean aggressive animal.  Bring in high character kids.  develop walkon program and load it with 3 star diamond in the rough type kids.  Few leave the program.  Do i think Bielema is the angel some on here think he is.  No.  He's a college coach.  But what he is is an EXPERT marketer.  He does the little things.  Like mentioning Advocare in that bowl press conference.  Getting on every tv in the country ever time some old lady's cat gets out of her house...."well the cat is in that tree and here we are with Arkansas head Coach Bret Bielema who is on the scene ...Coach B?" CBB: "Blah blah cat blah blah tree blah blah dog...Wooo Pig!"

Marketing.  The man is the BEST that there ever has been.  Saban shrinks from that bright light.  Beliema dances in it.  Like hes a chipendale dancer. 

He is EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED HERE.  The ONLY thing that will work here.

Content.  at times excited.

Some of you have started to interject your own words.  That isn't allowed here.  Please pick one of the four options above and go back and edit your posts to reflect.  I'll do a rif later on the fans.  Focus on the team. 

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

kennymayne

Quote from: BR on February 03, 2016, 12:39:15 pm
Behind Kentucky in Rivals https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2016.  Is sad... Still think we got a decent class

Well we are ahead of them in 24/7, ESPN, and Scout. But you pick the one that suits you I guess.

imtad16

Based upon 247's composite we are doing well. As we win that will change for the better. By the way if one is not measuring this class based upon 247 class composite rankings, one has an agenda positive or negative. For all those running to Rivals or Scout and turning into chicken little we can see right through you. 247 composite takes all four databases into account. Why would you use anything else.

Ā 

colbs

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 03, 2016, 12:30:01 pm
Disappointed
We missed so badly the past 3 weeks
This class won't get us over the 7-8 win huddle, not with our schedule
I think they signed the highest rated defensive player in school history according to ESPN, got the #1 RB from the state of Texas, On paper probably the best LB class in a long time, and filled needs elsewhere.  They only offered 5 players in state, pretty tough to put together a top 15 class when you have to get 20 out of state players.  I think the staff did a pretty good job this year besides on OT.

PonderinHog

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Jean Lafitte on February 03, 2016, 12:42:41 pm
Happy with who we have. Disappointed in the finish.
This! I think we addressed most of our needs, would like to have had Cleveland and Fulton. Hoping one of our new LB's and Deon Edwards at safety can improve our defense in those positions.

Torqued pork

It was business as usual for us. We got a few that bring a wow factor and a few that will be projects. Most are somewhere in-between. Emotionally, I'm ready to go the driving range and kill a few balls.

colbs

Besides maybe Kentucky and Vandy, Arkansas is probably at the biggest disadvantage in recruiting.

pondwater jack

I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...

XX

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 03, 2016, 12:41:12 pm

Some of you have started to interject your own words.  That isn't allowed here. 

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Don't tell me what to do...  >:(
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

DeltaBoy

Content  I hope we can jump the win total by 2 games this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

pondwater jack

Quote from: Torqued pork on February 03, 2016, 12:46:18 pm
It was business as usual for us. We got a few that bring a wow factor and a few that will be projects. Most are somewhere in-between. Emotionally, I'm ready to go the driving range and killing a few balls.
put down the clubs.  Put em down.  Too windy and you'll catch your death out there.  Just give us a one word answer.  Firedup. Content. Disappointed. redass

Ccwaziya

Fired up!!!!...Hogs will be fine. "Coach B has a recipe, let him cook it up, you will like it"....He is not a microwave type of guy!!!...#WooPig#WeHogs

PonderinHog

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 03, 2016, 12:48:21 pm
put down the clubs.  Put em down.  Too windy and you'll catch your death out there.  Just give us a one word answer.  Firedup. Content. Disappointed. redass
Mixed - like I felt when my M-i-L drove off a cliff in my new Mercedes.

Ā 

pondwater jack

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 03, 2016, 12:50:43 pm
Content  I hope we can jump the win total by 2 games this year.

no.  Two is to ambivalent.  If we had Brandon Allen? Ok. 2 but a new quarterback. You'll have to settle for 8 plus a bowl game.  I hope you can live with that.

J.Holly Blasingame, II

pondwater jack

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 03, 2016, 12:51:43 pm
Mixed - like I felt when my M-i-L drove off a cliff in my new Mercedes.
Why didn't you have insurance?  None of my business but if you had insurance it should cover the car not the driver.  Full reimbursement in most cases.  Unless she was drunk. 

As far as mixed goes.... between content and dissapointed?

jkstock04

I'm content with slight disappointment. Content in that I know the staff did the best they could and this is truly our place at the time in the football world...in terms of talent/elite talent i see this as an average Arkansas class. Around how we usually finish.

I'm a little disappointed we are going to finish dead last in the SEC west. We have absolutely throttled LSU two years in a row in embarrassing fashion yet kids still want to go play there over here. I don't get it but that's the way it is...always has been.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DeltaBoy

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 03, 2016, 12:51:01 pm
no.  Two is to ambivalent.  If we had Brandon Allen? Ok. 2 but a new quarterback. You'll have to settle for 8 plus a bowl game.  I hope you can live with that.

J.Holly Blasingame, II

My Heart has bigger hopes and dreams than my Brain.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Iamjacksleftnutt

None of the above. The coaches know what they need to get to win and they are giving it everything they have got. Our talent is improving and thats all we can ask for.

Look at this class objectively.. We would have killed for a class of linebackers like this last year. And to get a top notch RB out of Texas is no small feat. And our defensive line recruits are going to give us a pass rush.

As far as missing out the last couple of weeks goes. Well you miss 100 percent of the shots that you don't take. Kudos to this staff for getting these guys to the Hill.

scruf

Down year for in-state talent. The last two years I can remember Arkansas producing so few quality in-state players was in 2007 (#38 Composite rank) and 2010 (#41 Composite rank). This staff did a MUCH better job of overcoming the lack of SEC-caliber HS seniors in-state.

jkstock04

Quote from: scruf on February 03, 2016, 12:58:24 pm
Down year for in-state talent. The last two years I can remember Arkansas producing so few quality in-state players was in 2007 (#38 Composite rank) and 2010 (#41 Composite rank). This staff did a MUCH better job of overcoming the lack of SEC-caliber HS seniors in-state.
Very good points.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

scruf

Quote from: jkstock04 on February 03, 2016, 12:55:45 pm
I'm content with slight disappointment. Content in that I know the staff did the best they could and this is truly our place at the time in the football world...in terms of talent/elite talent i see this as an average Arkansas class. Around how we usually finish.

I'm a little disappointed we are going to finish dead last in the SEC west. We have absolutely throttled LSU two years in a row in embarrassing fashion yet kids still want to go play there over here. I don't get it but that's the way it is...always has been.

Hogs won't finish dead last on the field in the SEC-W in 2016.

razorsharptusk

Content/Disappointed - We are at the rear end again of the SEC as far as recruiting.  And one can't ignore the fact that Alabama is at the top most years and thus is in the hunt for National Championships most years.  Coach B. has proven thought that he can develop players and has done so.  He has his own way, so we will see.
GO HOGS!!

pondwater jack

Quote from: Iamjacksleftnutt on February 03, 2016, 12:57:51 pm
None of the above. The coaches know what they need to get to win and they are giving it everything they have got. Our talent is improving and thats all we can ask for.

Look at this class objectively.. We would have killed for a class of linebackers like this last year. And to get a top notch RB out of Texas is no small feat. And our defensive line recruits are going to give us a pass rush.

As far as missing out the last couple of weeks goes. Well you miss 100 percent of the shots that you don't take. Kudos to this staff for getting these guys to the Hill.
Whaley is an @$$breaker.  He showed that in the All America game.  People say it all the time but I really think it was a down year and we met the needs that we had.  Bielema continues to trim fat.  This team won't be an easy out for anyone for some time.  He goes after low drama, hard working johnnies that keep their nose to the grindstone.  You get 85 of those and about half of them 4 stars and 25 of them 3 stars that should have been 4 stars on account of work ethic and well be a wrecking ball.  Meanwhile, the high profile drama queens DGBs and the like wash out of the top programs....we just keep on coming.

J. Holly Blasingame, II

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: scruf on February 03, 2016, 12:58:24 pm
Yep coaches obviously gave it their all.  It would be so much easier if this state produced 10-12 SEC players per year. 

choppedporkextrasauce

I don't B&M about those that didn't  sign but I do love those that did! Great bunch of signees.

The_Boot_stops_here

Disappointed in the complete whiff of a finish.  To be honest, I'm not even sure how it went so wrong at the end.  That being said, its a solid class overall that will exceed the expectations of some and miss the expectations of others, I'm sure

scruf

If you're here and you're a Hog fan and you don't like what the Hogs are doing you can always opt out until you like what they are doing.

If you're here and you're not a Hog fan but you're pretending to be a Hog fan you're welcome to stay but it would be easier if you just came out and declared your true allegiances. It's obvious to everyone here anyway.

scruf

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on February 03, 2016, 01:07:18 pm
I don't B&M about those that didn't  sign but I do love those that did! Great bunch of signees.

moses_007

Quote from: pondwater jack on February 03, 2016, 12:51:01 pm

J.Holly Blasingame, II
I don't see us being a better team in 2016 with a green quarterback and green running backs. 

jkstock04

Quote from: scruf on February 03, 2016, 01:00:09 pm
I don't think we will either. But finishing last among the other teams in our division does nothing to help us in the long run in my opinion. Essentially its one more obstacle we have to overcome.

I'm not extremely concerned with how teams like OU, Texas, Louisville, or Clemson do in recruiting and how we finish against them on a national level. My main concern is how we stack up against Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss state, and LSU.

Simple really....its gotta be easier to win more games the more talent you have....right? That's not the end all be all to winning (see LSU/Auburn) but having more talent has gotta make it easier for coaches as a whole...or in my mind it should.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

pondwater jack

Quote from: moses_007 on February 03, 2016, 01:14:45 pm
I don't see us being a better team in 2016 with a green quarterback and green running backs.
Hide over yonder and watch

immahog

sure I would have love to get the big players we missed on but all of those kids stayed home so im ok with that ill be fine when putu is signed solid class
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

HotlantaHog

Disappointed.

I believe CBB is about 50 times smarter than Nutt and has a staff that is far better top to bottom than Petrino's, but would be nice to see some confirmation in that in the recruiting ...

Wisco Pig

Wouldn't quite say "Content," because I'm ready for next season already and to see the program finally take off, but I agree with the parenthetical part:
"(We're building slowly.  I get it.  It's a marathon and Bielema needs time for the plan to work)."

Was hoping to finish with a real bang, but I'm over that already.   We signed some very good players.

Hogsmo Kramer

Kinda disappointed in the finish but content overall.

It's a really strong class but would have loved to pull one of the guys we were on at the end.

It's building though, and if we build it, they will come.

WPS!!!

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

longpig

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on February 03, 2016, 01:05:09 pm
Yep coaches obviously gave it their all.  It would be so much easier if this state produced 10-12 SEC players per year.

3 or 4 even
Don't be scared, be smart.

tbhogfan

Fired up.  #2 DE in the US, #3 RB in the US, Top 4 players in Arkansas, several guys ranked in the top 20 in their position nationally.  Missed out on some late, but that's life.  When you factor in Town (who would have been our second highest rated recruit in this class by 247), outstanding group.
Go Hogs!

Redhogs

Quote from: scruf on February 03, 2016, 01:00:09 pm
Hell we better not...it's year 4 of CBB...if that were to happen he SHOULD be fired.....even you can admit that
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?