Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelley is in

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, February 03, 2016, 09:23:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

NLRHog92

Like the kid, great head on his shoulders and potential. Can be TO prone at times, but has a lot of athleticsm for someone that big and played against good talent in LA. However, just don't see him ever starting here unless it's as a RS Sr. So many in front of him that seem better. Obviously coaches wouldn't have signed him if they didn't see something in him, and you never know how the roster will shake out, but that's just the feeling I get. Maybe he can prove me wrong and be an all-out stud! Regardless, glad to have another LA Hog!

Hog N Bama

6'7" QB Welcome Cole! ;D :razorback:

HOGINTENNESSEE

Cannon will be the strongest Arm on campus

cardinalandwhite

Finally watched his highlight video yesterday. This guy has an absolute cannon for an arm. I'm excited to see him throw some deep balls off of play action.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

HawgTrough

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:24:06 am
Like the kid, great head on his shoulders and potential. Can be TO prone at times, but has a lot of athleticsm for someone that big and played against good talent in LA. However, just don't see him ever starting here unless it's as a RS Sr. So many in front of him that seem better. Obviously coaches wouldn't have signed him if they didn't see something in him, and you never know how the roster will shake out, but that's just the feeling I get. Maybe he can prove me wrong and be an all-out stud! Regardless, glad to have another LA Hog!
I feel we will have some QB transfers once they get a real feel for this year's depth chart.
WPS

aar0n

Please keep this kind of stuff off the board for at least today.  You're gonna tell a minutes-old signee that he most likely won't ever start here?  Come on man.

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Uncommon

The_Iceman

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3137127/highlights/328817399/v3

I know his arm may not be quite that level, but his mannerisms in the pocket remind me of Mallett.

NLRHog92

Quote from: aar0n on February 03, 2016, 09:28:44 am
Please keep this kind of stuff off the board for at least today.  You're gonna tell a minutes-old signee that he most likely won't ever start here?  Come on man.

Based on what's in front of him, yes. That's my opinion and I'm free to state such, just as you're free to disagree.

Hogberry Snortcake

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning"

aar0n

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:27:51 am
Based on what's in front of him, yes. That's my opinion and I'm free to state such, just as you're free to disagree.

ONE. DAMN. DAY.

Just one.  ONE.  You can't keep your negative "opinions" to yourself for 5 seconds let alone one day.  I'd hate to see what you're like in real life.  Every thread is bitching and moaning, why don't you be happy for what we've got?  Don't know if you've noticed, but it's still one of the better classes we've ever signed.  I'm sure you won't be happy with that though, just your opinion, right?

NLRHog92

Quote from: aar0n on February 03, 2016, 09:33:29 am
ONE. DAMN. DAY.

Just one.  ONE.  You can't keep your negative "opinions" to yourself for 5 seconds let alone one day.  I'd hate to see what you're like in real life.  Every thread is bitching and moaning, why don't you be happy for what we've got?  Don't know if you've noticed, but it's still one of the better classes we've ever signed.  I'm sure you won't be happy with that though, just your opinion, right?

You know nothing about me. And no, not all negative, clearly you haven't read all of my posts. I'm very happy with what we have, and I've stated that it's best class under CBB so far. Addressed many needs and got some guys that will be studs, especially with these coaches ability to develop players. I am disappointed in the finish after it was set up to succeed. There's nothing wrong with being realistic. Again, you know nothing about me, but go ahead and form an "opinion" of me. I'm sure you're a judgmental prick in real life, would hate to come across you.

RedBird5

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:27:51 am

Do you quit when things are tough?  Doubt he does either.  Crazier things happen than that.  He sure as hell has a shot.  That's all anyone can ask in any situation in life.  Though it was a different time in our program, thankfully, we started Rutledge in a game. He was the Sigma Chi flag football quarterback the week before.  so I bet a kid with a scholly has a shot.  Then again, he may never see field.  Either way, good for him choosing the Hogs

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

Bottom line....its going to be very hard to recruit to a place that right on the Mason Dixon line.  Cool winters.  No beaches.  Etc.  But, most Div 1 schools would love to be were we are at in recruiting.  Still yet....we dropped to 31 from 22...it is what it is but freaking UK is in front of us. 10th in the SEC.  I trust in CBB.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

JIHawg

You are so negative.  Happening on one of your posts is like falling in a sewer. 

aar0n

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:35:58 am
You know nothing about me. And no, not all negative, clearly you haven't read all of my posts. I'm very happy with what we have, and I've stated that it's best class under CBB so far. Addressed many needs and got some guys that will be studs, especially with these coaches ability to develop players. I am disappointed in the finish after it was set up to succeed. There's nothing wrong with being realistic. Again, you know nothing about me, but go ahead and form an "opinion" of me. I'm sure you're a judgmental prick in real life, would hate to come across you.

Yeah, the guy asking for people to not crap all over an 18 year old kid that JUST chose to come here is a judgmental prick.   You know there's a high probability the kid reads this very thread, right?  I know if I was in his (or any other recruit's) position, one of the first things I would do is see what people are saying about it.  This is the most popular Hog message board, so it's not unlikely in the least bit he ends up right here.  Posts like yours would make me feel like sh*t on an otherwise great day.  Just stew on that for a while.

/rant

opineonswine

Quote from: code red on February 03, 2016, 09:41:32 am
Bottom line....its going to be very hard to recruit to a place that right on the Mason Dixon line.  Cool winters.  No beaches.  Etc.  But, most Div 1 schools would love to be were we are at in recruiting.  Still yet....we dropped to 31 from 22...it is what it is but freaking UK is in front of us. 10th in the SEC.  I trust in CBB.

Just for clarity there are no beaches in Gainesville.

greenie

This guy is a solid pick up.  He adds to the QB competition, and brings physical attributes that are unique to the group we currently have.  EVERY recruit is a roll of the dice, but you strategically select to minimize risk, fill needs, and complement what you already have.  I bet he red shirts, but i can't wait to see our QB competition in the spring.  Should be fun to watch.

Tony Perkis

NLRHog92

Quote from: JIHawg on February 03, 2016, 09:41:56 am
You are so negative.  Happening on one of your posts is like falling in a sewer.

There's a difference between being negative and being realistic. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. Again, there's a lot of talent in front of him. There could be major roster turnover at that position and/or he could just be an under the radar guy that is a complete stud. I also stated that he could prove me wrong and I was glad to have him. How is that negative?

hogcard1964

Is there a running grade/rating anywhere of this signing day of all schools?  From what I've heard, Ohio St.'s ranking has been downgraded substantially.

greenie

Quote from: NLRHog92 on February 03, 2016, 09:46:29 am
There's a difference between being negative and being realistic. It's not always sunshine and rainbows. Again, there's a lot of talent in front of him. There could be major roster turnover at that position and/or he could just be an under the radar guy that is a complete stud. I also stated that he could prove me wrong and I was glad to have him. How is that negative?

I think the point was that this is not the best day to post a negative opinion of a signee.  Today is a day of celebration, and what worries me is if this kid, or any of his loved ones, take a peek at this board.  I totally understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather wait until the spring QB competition to start this type of discussion.  Just my opinion.

NLRHog92

Quote from: aar0n on February 03, 2016, 09:45:16 am
Yeah, the guy asking for people to not crap all over an 18 year old kid that JUST chose to come here is a judgmental prick.   You know there's a high probability the kid reads this very thread, right?  I know if I was in his (or any other recruit's) position, one of the first things I would do is see what people are saying about it.  This is the most popular Hog message board, so it's not unlikely in the least bit he ends up right here.  Posts like yours would make me feel like sh*t on an otherwise great day.  Just stew on that for a while.

/rant

Good, maybe he will and can work his tail off, become the best QB on the roster and prove me wrong, I'm all for that! Will gladly eat crow and admit I was wrong if that happens. It's not like I don't want the kid to succeed. I was just stating what I saw.

aar0n

Quote from: greenie on February 03, 2016, 09:52:49 am
I think the point was that this is not the best day to post a negative opinion of a signee.  Today is a day of celebration, and what worries me is if this kid, or any of his loved ones, take a peek at this board.  I totally understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather wait until the spring QB competition to start this type of discussion.  Just my opinion.

This guy gets it.  +1000 if I could.

NLRHog92

Quote from: greenie on February 03, 2016, 09:52:49 am

Understandable, and you make a good point. I'm just fired up about bringing in the new guys and seeing where they fit into the fold. Analyzing and anticipating for next year. I understand the relationships that go on and how these are people getting an education, but college football (especially the SEC) is a big business.

Also, thanks for addressing it like an adult instead of directly attacking someone for stating their opinion (in which it was perceived to be +1000 more times negative than it actually was), it's appreciated.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Cole is not an idiot, he knew what QBs he would have to compete against and he still picked the hogs. The least we should do is to wait and see how it all plays out. Big QBs like that have been highly successful in the SEC before. Adding another QB to the mix only makes the competition better. Welcome onboard Cole. WPS!

LRHog I think the perception of negativism may be different in LR than here in NWA. If you for instance tell your best friend that just got married "congratulations, but it just won't last", you may see it as a positive statement because you said congratulations, but we would probably see the overall statement as being negative:)

duckman

Are you kidding me?  You post that crap TODAY?  This kid could very well end up Mallett 2.0 but with legs, GREAT not good arm strength.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: duckman on February 03, 2016, 09:58:37 am
Are you kidding me?  You post that crap TODAY?  This kid could very well end up Mallett 2.0 but with legs, GREAT not good arm strength.

Seriously.

His highlight where he was standing on his own 20, threw it, and hit his receiver in stride on their opponent's 20 made my jaw hit the floor. I'm excited to see what he's got.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on February 03, 2016, 10:03:29 am

Seriously.

His highlight where he was standing on his own 20, threw it, and hit his receiver in stride on their opponent's 20 made my jaw hit the floor. I'm excited to see what he's got.
I've got to see this. That's incredible.

aar0n

Quote from: duckman on February 03, 2016, 09:58:37 am

Haven't you heard?  You're allowed to post anything without regard for other people as long as it's just your opinion.  Opinions have never made anyone feel like crap or second guess themselves, that's just science.

greenie

I actually have convinced myself that we may not take a step too far backwards next year in terms of QB performance.  We have some serious talent waiting in the wings, and they will make each other better.  They all just need some on-the-field experience.  Cole certainly adds to that pool of talent.

NLRHog92

Quote from: aar0n on February 03, 2016, 10:05:00 am
Haven't you heard?  You're allowed to post anything without regard for other people as long as it's just your opinion.  Opinions have never made anyone feel like crap or second guess themselves, that's just science.

lol

Hawgzinbowlz

Welcome to The Hogs Mr. Cole Kelley. " GO HOGS "

factchecker

QBs gotta have thick skin round here..... and some really good truck insurance. 

Want to see our recruiting disadvantage? 
Look how some of our "fans" treat our players.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Fan1958

I was bant for less.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

greenie

sylamore

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON! NOW BLOW OUT THOSE CANDLES!! Oh, by the way, before you bite into that cake, I don't think you will ever make it."

"Geeze, thanks Dad...for nuthin'. "

The real truth is this. The kid has grit and he has talent, and the kid has both strength and size. Perhaps with proper coaching, he will become the best Qb we have seen in a while, perhaps not, but might still be a great role player, and contribute that way in certain formations. He might also one day chose to move to another position. Seems like I remember a less than perfect Qb who went on to become for us a very talented and valuable tight end. Obviously, the coaches see something in him well worth a coveted scholarship. I will trust the expertise of our coaches.

Congrats young man! Welcome to the family!

sylamore

We are talking about young men and their families on one of the most exciting days of their lives, not evaluating so many horses or cattle.

cardinalandwhite

He sprained his ankle in the playoffs and finished the game on it. When asked about how he played on it, he replied, "I throw off my back foot too much anyway, so it probably helped me." My kind of player!

cardinalandwhite

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/656910246996651192/arkansas-commit-cole-kelly-throws-4tds-as-teurlings-catholic-outlasts-de-la-salle/

"I probably throw off my back foot too much when I'm healthy," Kelley joked. "So that may have helped me out a little bit tonight."

I was going by memory, but the wording was close.

secneahog

Enos wanted him.  Welcome Big guy. Wps
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

theFlyingHog

Haven't watched video on him but I hear he can sling it. He'll be good

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

The_Iceman

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2016, 03:45:13 pm
https://twitter.com/ArkRazorbacks/status/694996965415739392

The best part of this is that LSU is literally a QB away from competing for a NC and we grabbed this guy from Louisiana. Beautiful.

Carl Lazlo

A question was thrown at CBB basically asking who jumps out to him in this class and his response was CK. 

lasthog

+1.   "Just kidding Carl."--Slingblade.