Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have faith in what is being built

Started by cc, February 02, 2016, 08:11:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I have been in a living room with Coach B while he talked about what he is building and how he is doing it.  He is loving it here and understands the importance of Arkansas sports to this state.  His actions of taking the right players is just as important as the recruiting "expert ranking" in building a successful program.  He has started making tremendous strides by locking up the instate talent this year like Sosa Agim, Austin Capps, Hammonds.  The staff's attention to a family atmosphere has landed some key building blocks in this class and that is straight from the players' mouths.  The staff will tell you that they did not get some guys they had as plan A but do have contingency plans for the next best available. 

What Coach B and Lunney told me and others what their schedule for three days was like, nobody is working harder than this staff.  I have gained some first hand knowledge of recruiting in P5 football over the last couple of years.  It is a dirty game and more happens than what the average fan knows.  I love what our staff is doing and how they are doing it.  The head coach will ultimately be judged on wins and losses and I hope this staff has many more victories than losses.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

theFlyingHog

I sleep well at night knowing CBB has the reins. We have not had this stability and positive growth in my 32 years

SRV

I love Coach B and this staff. We are definitely headed in the right direction.
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

greenEGnHAWGS

Well said cc. I have the utmost confidence in this staff...and that is nice to have.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

InHOGuration Ball

Great post and advise CC!

Come on Hog fans, have a little faith!   

Bubba's Bruisers

I agree, we are in good hands.  It will be a slow, steady build.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tarheelhawg

I can see the foundation of a championship program being built.  The pieces are falling in place with a system that works as evidenced by Wisconsin. 

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

cardinalandwhite

While I completely agree with the OP, I feel like we're being talked back from the ledge that is NSD.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

opineonswine

Quote from: cc on February 02, 2016, 08:11:04 pm
I have been in a living room with Coach B while he talked about what he is building and how he is doing it.  He is loving it here and understands the importance of Arkansas sports to this state.  His actions of taking the right players is just as important as the recruiting "expert ranking" in building a successful program.  He has started making tremendous strides by locking up the instate talent this year like Sosa Agim, Austin Capps, Hammonds.  The staff's attention to a family atmosphere has landed some key building blocks in this class and that is straight from the players' mouths.  The staff will tell you that they did not get some guys they had as plan A but do have contingency plans for the next best available. 

What Coach B and Lunney told me and others what their schedule for three days was like, nobody is working harder than this staff.  I have gained some first hand knowledge of recruiting in P5 football over the last couple of years.  It is a dirty game and more happens than what the average fan knows.  I love what our staff is doing and how they are doing it.  The head coach will ultimately be judged on wins and losses and I hope this staff has many more victories than losses.

Thank you.

ceegar

Really good post.  The staff works extremely hard this time of year.  I know people say this all of the time but it is tough to recruit to Fayetteville but I think we have a staff that understands what it takes to be successful at this University.  We have a very solid class with a couple of highly rated guys and several guys who the major teams were after.  If we can get to 9-10 wins consistently I believe we will start seeing top 15 classes
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

LittlePigMan

It sure is nice not having our top in state talent going out of state this year. I know it will take more to reach the top of the mountain but it's a dang good start.   :razorback:

Steef

cc

I have immediate family that have a lot of time and emotion invested in a decision made this year.  All the time and money spent getting to official and many unofficial visits.  It gets expensive if you don't have a hand out, and all involved in this young man's life were in it for him.  This staff worked their rear end off recruiting him.  I talked to Lunney about how I appreciated their approach, and he (Lunney) is first class by the way.

My advice to this young man was to not think about the next 4 years as much as the next 40.  There is a lot riding on a decision on an 18 year old, so remember that tomorrow. 

ceegar

Good points CC.  Many many years ago I was the one being recruited by some of the same schools mentioned in our daily posts.  And yes it is a very difficult decision.  These days I can only assume how much more difficult it is with all of the social media out there.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

texasdvm

This is a great thread about CBB.  I think I can add an interesting insight shared by friend Ted Thompson, the General Manager of the Green Bay Packers and the builder of their more recent success.  Ted knows CBB well from his time in Wisconsin. He has the utmost respect for him as a person and football coach.  He strongly believes that CBB will win a NC here at Arkansas.  For us to be patient and let him lay in the foundation and then build upon it  towards a NC.  That is about as good of an endorsement for our Head Coach as you can get.  It is great to see the Razorback Nation united behind its Head  Coach.  Really makes me proud to have been born and raised a Hog.  Also, Ted knows about the Razorbacks as he played for SMU in the old SWC.

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Chief Mac

"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

ChitownHawg

As CBB told Tretola "Give two years of your life...."

Gotta love the man.   :razorback:
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Nosboar Accubond

But only top 10 classes win NC. That's all that matters and we will never do that at AR. Right? /sarcasm

Great post thank you for sharing. I believe we are on the right path and am stoked about our coach.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on February 03, 2016, 06:51:57 am
But only top 10 classes win NC. That's all that matters and we will never do that at AR. Right? /sarcasm

Great post thank you for sharing. I believe we are on the right path and am stoked about our coach.

Don't be an a@@ if you think stars don't matter. Stars matter, coaching matters, and character of these young men matter.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: ChitownHawg on February 03, 2016, 06:56:39 am
Don't be an a@@ if you think stars don't matter. Stars matter, coaching matters, and character of these young men matter.
I never said they don't matter. They do, my point is the success of a class or player can't be measured so absolutely by star rating. This can be seen simply by the correlation of elite schools offering and how that affects rating. many players ratings are heavily influenced by the schools that offer. We have success and our offers carry more weight, while the staff doesn't really change what their doing. I trust the staff, stars will follow one way or another, but we're doing it the right way.

Have a good day.

PonderinHog

It's appropriate that this thread is stickied!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Quote from: cardinalandwhite on February 02, 2016, 08:25:23 pm
While I completely agree with the OP, I feel like we're being talked back from the ledge that is NSD.

You won't be coming off that ledge of one...

cc

That is what Nosboar was saying.  He was poking the Stars Matter crowd.

dhizzle

I know the staff tries their hardiest to sway top recruits and they do it the right way. I like our classes we have been getting. I'm just tired of the hype of maybe getting several highly ranked players and it not pan out. It seems to happen every year and then people complain about not getting them. I'm used to it by now, we just need a few great players sprinkled in with project players and the hogs will be fine. It just takes longer to see the rewards of this process.

Cinco de Hogo

I respect what CBB is doing and how he is doing it and I believe we are on an uptrend.  Other than that this is not the thread to expand on any thoughts I have about stars, coaching or NC's

PonderinHog

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 03, 2016, 09:13:35 am
Good, fast and cheap - pick any two.

Why not expensive?  Most times that's an indicator of good and fast. 😊

That's my opinion of five star talent.

Good, fast and expensive!

Hogsolo

It's really not that hard to get excited.  Look at the size and strength in this class!   

Plenty of good players have come through here and will continue to do so.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 03, 2016, 09:25:18 am
Why not expensive?  Most times that's an indicator of good and fast. 😊

That's my opinion of five star talent.

Good, fast and expensive!
Think of it as a building project.

Good and fast - Ole Mi$$, Auburn

Fast and cheap - HDN

Good and cheap - CBB - It's gonna take some time.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on February 03, 2016, 09:30:20 am
Think of it as a building project.

Good and fast - Ole Mi$$, Auburn

Fast and cheap - HDN

Good and cheap - CBB - It's gonna take some time.

Aw shucks, no fast cars or fast women!

PonderinHog

nwahogfan1

Quote from: cc on February 02, 2016, 08:11:04 pm

Thanks for posting.  I believe....

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

DeltaBoy

Not a Perfect day so far but a really GOOD ONE!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Legball13

Brandon Burlsworth  No stars....... Character= All American

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on February 03, 2016, 07:09:31 am
I never said they don't matter. They do, my point is the success of a class or player can't be measured so absolutely by star rating. This can be seen simply by the correlation of elite schools offering and how that affects rating. many players ratings are heavily influenced by the schools that offer. We have success and our offers carry more weight, while the staff doesn't really change what their doing. I trust the staff, stars will follow one way or another, but we're doing it the right way.

Have a good day.

I'm glad you are finally seeing things my way.  ;) Just kidding.  ;D

cc

Special signing day in Star City for our family.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: cc on February 03, 2016, 09:06:17 pm
Special signing day in Star City for our family.

I cannot tell from the picture - are you guys Hog fans?  ;)

Looks like a glorious day for your clan. I have to admit I'm a bit envious.