Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas will sign 7 players that have Alabama offers

Started by RaisinHog, February 02, 2016, 04:03:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisinHog

davispard

Quote from: RaisinHog on February 02, 2016, 04:03:09 pm
I think that's pretty impressive
I hope our fans let that sink in for a second.  If, as most say, Bama is the "gold standard", then we are starting to mine some of their ore...

The_Boot_stops_here

RaisinHog

Quote from: davispard on February 02, 2016, 04:08:55 pm
I hope our fans let that sink in for a second.  If, as most say, Bama is the "gold standard", then we are starting to mine some of their ore...

More than I ever remember and I think several of them were guys they really really wanted which is even more impressive

jry04

But we didn't get them to commit on NSD, and they don't have 5* so that doesn't matter. A coach who has won multiple national championships thinking they are worthy of a scholarship is irrelevant if you don't get them in the last week and they aren't a 5* by a recruiting service.

bballjws2004

I hear Bama is going to sign 25 players that have Bama offers (I'm kidding, sort of)

online-with-swine

online-with-swine

Quote from: bballjws2004 on February 02, 2016, 04:17:28 pm
I hear Bama is going to sign 25 players that have Bama offers (I'm kidding, sort of)

Beat me to it.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jry04 on February 02, 2016, 04:15:30 pm
But we didn't get them to commit on NSD, and they don't have 5* so that doesn't matter. A coach who has won multiple national championships thinking they are worthy of a scholarship is irrelevant if you don't get them in the last week and they aren't a 5* by a recruiting service.

Arkansas will SIGN 7 players that have Alabama offers.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

scorekeeper

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

onebadrubi

jry04

lilRockNDubb

I do believe they committed BEFORE NSD. And Agim (5* recruited by Bama) says hello...

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Hawgar The Horrible

sickboy

jry04

Quote from: lilRockNDubb on February 02, 2016, 04:20:03 pm
I do believe they committed BEFORE NSD. And Agim (5* recruited by Bama) says hello...
Again, that was sarcasm. For all the people who are crying about how we are finishing, we still have a solid class.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on February 02, 2016, 04:22:25 pm
A Bama offer isn't exactly a Bama offer.
You're absolutely correct! It's only a 'Bama offer when it is.  ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 02, 2016, 04:21:20 pm
Except Riley Cole?
Yeah, but that doesn't count. Remember Cole's dad TOTALLY UNSOLICITED (yeah, sure...) got on radio yesterday and told everyone down in 'Bama land that Nick really is a saint and that the Cole family still worships the ground that Saban walks on. Besides, it was all justl a big mistake since it being well known that since Nick isn't any type of control freak he was just totally unaware of the offer that those bad ole assistants that have run off to Georgia made to the young man without the HC's knowledge. I hope two assistants are penalized for being so mean to both Cole and the Alabama program.

Iamjacksleftnutt

This is the best way to estimate how well we did imo. Look at the coaches who are good at evaluating talent. If they offer then we have every reason to be proud of the commit. Not sure most of you guys remember the days when we were recruiting against the likes of La Tech and La Monroe for guys. But I do. I don't care about stars or recruiting rankings or any of that mess. We are getting kids that are wanted by LSU, Alabama , Florida , Texas I could go on and on. But this staffs ability to evaluate and recruit have impressed me big time.

The future looks bright guys. Enjoy.  :razorback:

LRHawg

Committing to Bama is kind of like taking the hot slut to prom. You odds start off pretty good but by the end of the night she might have moved on.

onebadrubi

Quote from: LRHawg on February 02, 2016, 05:37:33 pm
Committing to Bama is kind of like taking the hot slut to prom. You odds start off pretty good but by the end of the night she might have moved on.

Greyshirt, no term for an std? 

LJHOG

Quote from: jry04 on February 02, 2016, 04:34:38 pm
Again, that was sarcasm. For all the people who are crying about how we are finishing, we still have a solid class.
Solid = annual 4th place finish in the SECw.

Hawgar The Horrible

HA! Love it.

Tusks

Or passed out drunk.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

3kgthog

Are these guys that would actually play at Bama before 2019 or would they get hit with a grayshirt offer in the next couple of days? Big difference. 

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 02, 2016, 06:08:06 pm
Are these guys that would actually play at Bama before 2019 or would they get hit with a grayshirt offer in the next couple of days? Big difference.

Don't worry about it. They wouldn't pay cab fare to Fayetteville or Tuscaloosa.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

duckman

Hawgar The Horrible

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jry04 on February 02, 2016, 04:34:38 pm
For what it's worth, I thought the sarcasm was pretty obvious.

jry04

Quote from: LJHOG on February 02, 2016, 05:48:45 pm
Solid = annual 4th place finish in the SECw.
I know it is hard to understand, but there really isn't that big of a difference between the #24th class and the #14th class. Usually just a player or two. Top to bottom, our class is pretty good considering the offer list of each player. I highly doubt it happens, but if we landed Cleveland and Fulton we would be near the top 15.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 02, 2016, 07:12:53 pm
Better question, how many players is Bama signing that would be going FCS without their Bama offer?

Zero, same as we have.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

redeye

Seriously.  I always love those who appear in the Recruiting Forum a week before NSD, to express their disappointment that Arkansas doesn't have a top-10 class.  It's like only watching the bowl game and being disappointed we're not in the CFP.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 02, 2016, 07:19:22 pm
My bad, Smith had an offer from powerhouse Texas State.  Those are the recruiting battle victories that win in the SEC IMO.  Revised question: How many players will Bama sign that would not be attending another power 5 school without their Bama offer?

ZERO. Just like Arkansas.

DiamondHogFan

Now that everyone knows Bama is really good at football...we can get back to discussing the hogs.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 02, 2016, 07:16:25 pm
Thank God for Texas St.  :)

Trolls are trolls, you'd think they would have an idea before they lost.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 02, 2016, 07:23:38 pm
Texas State is a bottom tier Sun Belt school FWIW.  Those are the kind of schools we will probably "steal" recruits from tomorrow to fill our class too unfortunately.
Sounds good.  Thanks for the info.

Hawgar The Horrible

Texas State is a bottom tier Sun Belt school FWIW.  Those are the kind of schools we will probably "steal" recruits from tomorrow to fill our class too unfortunately.

I know precisely who offered Smith. Just pointing out what a chit heel you are for trying to diminish an entire class over one outlier. Thanks for obliging.

thebignasty

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on February 02, 2016, 07:28:31 pm
I know precisely who offered Smith. Just pointing out what a chit heel you are for trying to diminish an entire class over one outlier. Thanks for obliging.
Sure makes you want to pull for the kid too.  Pretty crummy way to act in here.

code red

IDC....let's try beating them before another decade ends.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Country Stylz

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on February 02, 2016, 07:23:38 pm
Now that everyone knows Bama is really good at football...we can get back to discussing the hogs.
We haven't beat these guys in 9 years. 9 years mane.

Woopig69

you should have your internet privledges revoked.

Dr. Pepper

Quote from: Country Stylz on February 02, 2016, 07:34:56 pm
We haven't beat these guys in 10 years. 10 years mane.

Griffith tried to Tiffin us the game this year but we blew it in the fourth:(
:razorback:   :razorback:   :razorback:

westside_player

Ha that's cute

Nosboar Accubond

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 02, 2016, 07:32:36 pm
None of the recent commits we have gotten outside of Marshall are very flashy.  Ramirez was going to Lville or us and a Petrino Oline offer is nothing to write home about.  Swanson and Cook were the only two he ever got here that were very good with a ton of busts.  Our Oline in '11 and '12 was atrocious.

I would very much appreciate your discontinued use of the word "we". Thanks.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: Dr. Pepper on February 02, 2016, 07:19:22 pm
My bad, Smith had an offer from powerhouse Texas State.  Those are the recruiting battle victories that win in the SEC IMO.  Revised question: How many players will Bama sign that would not be attending another power 5 school without their Bama offer?
Please bant this troll