Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Important Note Regarding the Final Two Weeks of Recruting - Please Read!

Started by Oklahawg, January 22, 2016, 02:58:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

There are at least three threads active in the recruiting forum where the chatter is not about recruits, but about the parents.

Let those parents be parents. Let the recruits be young men in high school.

Quit making assinine assumptions and bold proclamations about recruits based on their parents. You don't live at their house. You are not raising the recruit as your own child. You don't pay the bills at that house. Give it a rest.

If your parenting skills are so amazing, and your parenting advice so insightful, I suggest you log off of HV and see if you can get yourself an afternoon TV show gig. It worked for Dr Phil.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

BirmingHam

If I had the power, I would delete posts or lock threads.  And deal with the posters - they would be shriveled up like raisins. ;-)

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SemperFi

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Kamkaizen

I've always considered the parents as being a huge part of recruiting.  College coaches don't simply have to recruit the kids; great recruiters also "recruit" the kids' voices of influence.  Often, this voice belongs to the parents.  If a kid's parent is quoted in an article concerning his/her child's recruitment, I don't understand why the parent's comments can't be discussed here.  Sure, bashing a parent for his/her statements or opinions should not be tolerated, but simply discussing a parent's stance based on words which matriculated from the parent's mouth shouldn't be off limits. 

oldhawg

Quote from: Kamkaizen on February 04, 2016, 08:44:38 am
I've always considered the parents as being a huge part of recruiting.  College coaches don't simply have to recruit the kids; great recruiters also "recruit" the kids' voices of influence.  Often, this voice belongs to the parents.  If a kid's parent is quoted in an article concerning his/her child's recruitment, I don't understand why the parent's comments can't be discussed here.  Sure, bashing a parent for his/her statements or opinions should not be tolerated, but simply discussing a parent's stance based on words which matriculated from the parent's mouth shouldn't be off limits. 

It's a thin line between discussing and criticizing.

XX

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 22, 2016, 02:58:48 pm

If your parenting skills are so amazing, and your parenting advice so insightful, I suggest you log off of HV and see if you can get yourself an afternoon TV show gig.
Any suggestions on a name?
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!