Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Masahiro Tanaka deadline this Friday

Started by ucahogfan, January 20, 2014, 12:22:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

The top 5 teams rumored to be involved with Tanaka are the Dodgers, Yankees, Cubs, White Sox, and D-Backs.

The Dodgers just signed Kershaw long term and if they sign Tanaka will have about half a bil committed to their top 3 pitchers, but will have the best rotation in the game.

The Yankees need a starting pitcher to even have a chance of making the playoffs.

The D-Backs have some good pieces, but I don't think there is any way he ends up there.

Both Chicago teams are in rebuilding mode right now and the Cubs have a leg up IMO.  Their farm system from a hitting perspective is beyond nasty.

In the end, Tanaka will end up either on the Dodgers or the Yankees and I think the price will be closer to 150 instead of 120.

userpick

I think it's between the Cubs and Yankees. The Cubs need him badly and according to reports, he loves the area. It's hard to count out anyone. Remember, the D-Backs were prepared to offer Choo a boatload of money. I'm interested to see the ending.

GolfNut57

Well so much for the deadline as the Yankees just blew past the "salary cap" of $189M per year and causes the luxury tax to kick in. With just 20 players contracts alone they are now at $203M and aren't done yet. So I read anyway. Now if ARoid gets his injunction and is allowed to start the season the Yankees will be on the hook for another $25M or so. Is it possible they may still crack the $250M barrier in a single season in 2014?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

CabotHog87

Freakin Cubs man... We really needed him. Huge swing and miss in my opinion. Heard we offered him 6 years $120 million. Not gonna get it done in today's market.