Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perfect Game Classic 2017

Started by Otis, August 13, 2017, 08:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Otis

Do we have any recruits in this game? It's on MLB network right now.

Pig Papi

Kumar Rocker was the starting pitcher for the East squad.  He was up to 98.  He is the consensus #1 player in the country and committed to Vanderbilt (of course).  Kumar is the son of former Auburn All American DL and Razorback DL coach Tracy Rocker.  Kumar grew up in NWA when his dad was a coach for the Hogs.

PorkRyan

Quote from: Pig Papi on August 14, 2017, 01:44:08 pm
Kumar Rocker was the starting pitcher for the East squad.  He was up to 98.  He is the consensus #1 player in the country and committed to Vanderbilt (of course).  Kumar is the son of former Auburn All American DL and Razorback DL coach Tracy Rocker.  Kumar grew up in NWA when his dad was a coach for the Hogs.

I had no idea that he is Tracy's son. 

Pig Papi

Quote from: Otis on August 13, 2017, 08:02:07 pm
Do we have any recruits in this game? It's on MLB network right now.

There were no future Hogs in that game.  I would also guess that basically all of the participants will never make it to their school of choice.

Otis

Quote from: Surfing8 on August 14, 2017, 11:22:24 am
My son and I were there last night with a few other travel ball players... an awesome display in an MLB park when you consider the age of these guys. 
The term 5-tool kept coming to mind as you looked around the positions... lean, fast, powerful arrayed all over the field. 

Here's the roster for last night's game... if you click on the players you get a brief bio (including their college commitments). 

https://www.perfectgame.org/Allamerican/Roster/Default.aspx

Thanks for the info. I just happened upon it and couldn't believe the skill level of the guys. Looked more like a high minor league game than a high school game.