Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guess who reads Hogville?

Started by hawgon, November 07, 2017, 01:46:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spektre

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2017, 03:53:03 pm
"Here here," lol.

Mr. Anonymous, you need some more "hear hears" and "that's exactly right" on Hogville.

Dilly Dilly!

Fan1958

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 07, 2017, 03:50:02 pm
And ended it with a preposition?  I'm sorry....I couldn't resist.

He ended the sentence with "is". "Is" is a verb, not a preposition.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

EastexHawg

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 07, 2017, 03:50:02 pm
And ended it with a preposition?  I'm sorry....I couldn't resist. 

"Is" is a verb, not a preposition...since we want to be sticklers for grammar and all.

EastexHawg

Dang, beat me to it by 16 seconds.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 07, 2017, 04:13:14 pm
He ended the sentence with "is". "Is" is a verb, not a preposition.

Well are I gooder at this or what?
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

sowmonella

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2017, 03:59:00 pm
darn, the gig is up boys.

I'm all the way out here in Washington, D.C. playing Jeff's lil minion. You wouldn't believe how much he funnels into my Venmo account each day to do this.
Dilly Dilly
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RME

KennyForAD

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 07, 2017, 04:11:10 pm
Eh, a lot of folks who know proper English don't use it all the time.  People who never end sentences with prepositions, for instance, come across as something other than normal, everyday folks.  I think it was Winston Churchill who naturally put it best...

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."

Hey y'all...  Sorry to intrude in this, but I thought I ran off all the grammar cops a long time ago.    Its a message board.  Chill.

And... +1 for that

Fan1958

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 03:45:34 pm
I am not so sure that 'him' is incorrect in this case. He could have typed, "so much smarter than he is.

It is a nominative versus object case situation.

No, "he" is correct in this situation.  The "is" is taken to be understood.  You wouldn't say "I am...than him is."
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 04:15:56 pm
Hey y'all...  Sorry to intrude in this, but I thought I ran off all the grammar cops a long time ago.    Its a message board.  Chill.

And... +1 for that

*It's

>:(

Wildhog

Quote from: OS2 (SW) Razor Back on November 07, 2017, 04:05:35 pm
How ever did you survive that ordeal? Will you brave it again tomorrow?

Probably not. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

KennyForAD

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 07, 2017, 04:16:45 pm
No, "he" is correct in this situation.  The "is" is taken to be understood.  You wouldn't say "I am...than him is."

This has all time greatest thread potential.   Do y'all realize that we just busted Jeff Long reading Hogville?    Come'on!    The grammar is FINE. 

RME

KennyForAD

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 07, 2017, 04:19:58 pm
Does Long live in DC? News to me.

Well, you told me what you did, though you surely aren't proud of it.  lol ...   I'm a retired lawyer.  Spent some time in D.C.  Traffic is awful, but still one of my favorite places.   Every American should be so lucky to visit at least once.   

elksnort

Eh, a lot of folks who know proper English don't use it all the time.  People who never end sentences with prepositions, for instance, come across as something other than normal, everyday folks.  I think it was Winston Churchill who naturally put it best...

haha! yes. Grammar is not a polarized practice. I believe the situation calls for how strictly one uses standard or not so much.

KennyForAD

The minions are exposing themselves, and Jeff Long too, tweeting exactly what was suggested.

You know what this means?  We got him.   Its over.   Either Long has been told that its over, or I've had too much Absynthe.. or not enough.

elksnort

Quote from: Fan1958 on November 07, 2017, 04:16:45 pm
I understand this.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 04:27:54 pm
haha! yes. Grammar is not a polarized practice. I believe the situation calls for how strictly one uses standard or not so much.
Shouldn't you be at a birthday party or something?lol

KennyForAD

Rayzback

November 07, 2017, 04:34:24 pm #69 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:08:05 pm by Rayzback
Quote from: birmingHAMette on November 07, 2017, 02:44:36 pm
Some stuff about ladies soccer,ladies gymnastics,ladies volleyball,and apply for Nike internship information.

Dear God man, did he mention anything about Coke?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

KennyForAD

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 07, 2017, 04:06:12 pm
Retweets. Soccer, volleyball, etc. Plus one about Ragnow nominated for Witten man of the year award.

Either way, he's awake. Which means he has survived and the BOT member that told me otherwise flat lied to me.

No.  It means he was right.   Long is DONE.  Its coming.

elksnort

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 07, 2017, 04:30:09 pm
Shouldn't you be at a birthday party or something?lol
Hell, I paid $661.00 for her van to get serviced the other day, took her to lunch today, went by Harp's for steaks and asparagus, bought a $20.00 bottle of Meomi pinot noir and will likely grill said steaks tonight.

I am not too bad of a husband.

Wildhog

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 04:38:54 pm
Hell, I paid $661.00 for her van to get serviced the other day, took her to lunch today, went by Harp's for steaks and asparagus, bought a $20.00 bottle of Meomi pinot noir and will likely grill said steaks tonight.

Meiomi's a great bottle for the price.  :)
1909/1964/1965/1977

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 04:38:54 pm

Yeah it sounds like you are doing alright.

EulessHog

Winston? 
Go Hogs Go!

elksnort

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 04:47:01 pm
Meiomi's a great bottle for the price.  :)
I guess really good wine is expensive here in Arkansas. Neither one of us are too proud to drink box wine as a mainstay.

Wildhog

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 04:52:26 pm
I guess really good wine is expensive here in Arkansas. Neither one of us are too proud to drink box wine as a mainstay.

My wife will tear through some Bota boxes.
1909/1964/1965/1977

elksnort

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 04:53:03 pm
My wife will tear through some Bota boxes.
hahah, mine too. I mean, we don't have the discretionary income to drink Cakebread every night.

Ugly Uncle

When I was working in the media I posted something on here just before I went to cover a Hogs basketball game.  20 minutes later, I'm walking into the Bud and one of the S.I.D.s stops me and says, "where did you get that information from?"

I don't remember what it was that I had posted, but it had just been a joke I was making.  I told him that it was just a joke...I'm not sure he believed me.  However, I did find it funny that Hogville/my post were being monitored that closely.
Retired Radio Host

Wildhog

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 04:55:41 pm
hahah, mine too. I mean, we don't have the discretionary income to drink Cakebread every night.

Hooray for purchasing wine in bags in boxes by the (3) liter!
1909/1964/1965/1977

KennyForAD

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 07, 2017, 04:57:44 pm
When I was working in the media I posted something on here just before I went to cover a Hogs basketball game.  20 minutes later, I'm walking into the Bud and one of the S.I.D.s stops me and says, "where did you get that information from?"

I don't remember what it was that I had posted, but it had just been a joke I was making.  I told him that it was just a joke...I'm not sure he believed me.  However, I did find it funny that Hogville/my post were being monitored that closely.

College sports is a BILLION dollar industry.  LOL Welcome to the real world.  If any people think that it it is crazy to think Jeff Long has multiple minions on here... THEY are crazy.   Of course he does.   So did Frank.  And if you can't see that Long owns pretty much ALL of the media in Arkansas, you are a blind fool.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 07, 2017, 04:57:44 pm

In this day and age it's not a bit far fetched to think that S.I.D's and the like keep an eye on social media of all kinds.

elksnort

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 07, 2017, 05:03:11 pm
In this day and age it's not a bit far fetched to think that S.I.D's and the like keep an eye on social media of all kinds.
Well, it's actually a smart thing to do I think.

KennyForAD

Keep an eye?  NO!  Trying to control media dates back as far as media itself.  Social media is no different.  But, my God, how can the people who do that job live with themselves?    How, Hogsanity?

birmingHAMette

Jeff if your reading this and survived to be still employed by the U of A next year could you please bring Coke back. Pepsi really does suck.
Go Hogs

elksnort

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 05:07:29 pm
Keep an eye?  NO!  Trying to control media dates back as far as media itself.  Social media is no different.  But, my God, how can the people who do that job live with themselves?
As I am sure you know. There are all kinds of different folks out there....

ricepig

Quote from: birmingHAMette on November 07, 2017, 05:08:34 pm
Jeff if your reading this and survived to be still employed by the U of A next year could you please bring Coke back. Pepsi really does suck.

You need to put that request to the BOT, much too important for Jeff.

KennyForAD

Quote from: elksnort on November 07, 2017, 05:08:46 pm
As I am sure you know. There are all kinds of different folks out there....

I spent my adult lifetime in criminal courthouses.  What I know is that most people are vicious animals.   We people with empathy tend to think that psychopaths are abnormal.  That is wrong.  They're normal.  We are rare.

Dark Helmet Hog

No question that all social media is monitored but they really don't care what we think. They're looking for leaks and traitors.

Wildhog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 05:11:05 pm
I spent my adult lifetime in criminal courthouses.  What I know is that most people are vicious animals.   We people with empathy tend to think that psychopaths are abnormal.  That is wrong.  They're normal.  We are rare.

Agreed.  We suck as a species.
1909/1964/1965/1977

KennyForAD

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 05:12:32 pm
Agreed.  We suck as a species.

Maybe.  Or maybe we, as a species, are slowly evolving from vicious animals - the greatest predator to ever walk the Earth - into something better, and we just live in an age of transition - from vicious predator, into.. Shepherds of the Earth.

Or... Maybe its just the Absynthe.

But this I KNOW, and you seem to know it too:   Most humans are psychopaths.

Wildhog

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 05:17:24 pm
Maybe.  Or maybe we, as a species, are slowly evolving from vicious animals - the greatest predator to ever walk the Earth - into something better, and we just live in an age of transition - from vicious predator, into.. Shepherds of the Earth.

Or... Maybe its just the Absynthe.

I'm gonna stick with "we suck as a species."
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 05:02:27 pm
College sports is a BILLION dollar industry.  LOL Welcome to the real world.  If any people think that it it is crazy to think Jeff Long has multiple minions on here... THEY are crazy.   Of course he does.   So did Frank.  And if you can't see that Long owns pretty much ALL of the media in Arkansas, you are a blind fool.

A few years ago there were several people in the BAC that were checking hogville regularly. 

You are right, it is the smart thing to do.

Long may have some folks on here, but they are not in power.  Long does not control the media.  He strong arms the media some times, but he doesn't own it or control it.

When Long first got here, he was an idiot and tried to shut out any media that didn't agree with him. (Me for example)  Then after getting rid of the main S.I.D. (ZH) Long started doing what professional teams do.  They play up to the media.  The spoil them.  They go out of their way to make them happy.  The reason they do this (professional teams and college teams that act professional) is to make it difficult for you to say anything bad about them.

One of the reasons I got into media was because I couldn't stand how our local media bowed down to Nutt.  I wanted to get in there and ask the tough questions. 

After a few years of being around our local media I get it.  They are generally, genuinely nice guys (and gals...looking at you Ms. Orange). 

I REALLY like Bret.  I think he is a good man and I love how he goes out of his way to help the media.  I think he has done a lot of good things while here at Arkansas.  I was one of the last to come around because I have gotten to know him and I wanted so bad for him to succeed.  I've only been gone for a couple of years, but I would have been one of those Arkansas media types that went soft on Bret (like others did for HdN) because you really do want them to succeed.  However, Bret is 100x the man that HdN is.

Still, my point is this:  It is always easy to say "Well, if I was in that media room I would..."

And...like I did...you WOULD do that for a time.  Then you become a professional instead of someone just trying to get a "gotcha" question in there.

I promise you, knowing the guys (and gals...what up Alyssa!) in that room they understand it is time for Bret to go.  They just don't want to beat him over the head on the way out. 

Long on the other hand...
Retired Radio Host

KennyForAD

Quote from: Wildhog on November 07, 2017, 05:18:25 pm
I'm gonna stick with "we suck as a species."

I'll probably be right there with you in the morning, but right now, I gotta go with what the Green Fairy's telling me.   ;)   

Where are you, PH?

bythelake

Not much empathy in this thread, although amusing stuff.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 07, 2017, 05:20:58 pm
A few years ago there were several people in the BAC that were checking hogville regularly. 

Long may have some folks on here, but they are not in power.  Long does not control the media.  He strong arms the media some times, but he doesn't own it or control it.

When Long first got here, he was an idiot and tried to shut out any media that didn't agree with him. (Me for example)  Then after getting rid of the main S.I.D. (ZH) Long started doing what professional teams do.  They play up to the media.  The spoil them.  They go out of their way to make them happy.  The reason they do this (professional teams and college teams that act professional) is to make it difficult for you to say anything bad about them.

One of the reasons I got into media was because I couldn't stand how our local media bowed down to Nutt.  I wanted to get in there and ask the tough questions. 

After a few years of being around our local media I get it.  They are generally, genuinely nice guys (and gals...looking at you Ms. Orange). 

I REALLY like Bret.  I think he is a good man and I love how he goes out of his way to help the media.  I think he has done a lot of good things while here at Arkansas.  I was one of the last to come around because I have gotten to know him and I wanted so bad for him to succeed.  I've only been gone for a couple of years, but I would have been one of those Arkansas media types that went soft on Bret (like others did for HdN) because you really do want them to succeed.  However, Bret is 100x the man that HdN is.

Still, my point is this:  It is always easy to say "Well, if I was in that media room I would..."

And...like I did...you WOULD do that for a time.  Then you become a professional instead of someone just trying to get a "gotcha" question in there.

I promise you, knowing the guys (and gals...what up Alyssa!) in that room they understand it is time for Bret to go.  They just don't want to beat him over the head on the way out. 

I can totally understand this.

KennyForAD

November 07, 2017, 05:27:03 pm #97 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 05:37:33 pm by KennyForAD
Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on November 07, 2017, 05:20:58 pm

I REALLY like Bret.  I think he is a good man and I love how he goes out of his way to help the media.  I think he has done a lot of good things while here at Arkansas.  I was one of the last to come around because I have gotten to know him and I wanted so bad for him to succeed.  I've only been gone for a couple of years, but I would have been one of those Arkansas media types that went soft on Bret (like others did for HdN) because you really do want them to succeed.  However, Bret is 100% the man that HdN is.

1.  As always, you sound like you know what you're talking about.
2.  Does anyone NOT like Bret B?  Just because I can see that BB thought he could coach and Barry Alvarez didn't have the heart to tell him he didn't know his ass from a crater - doesn't mean I don't love the man.   If Jeff Long hired me tomorrow, I'm sure that BB would soon no longer be the absolute worst coach in history, because I would be.   There's no sin here... it just freaking sucks, all around.

oh yeah...

3. I never lie, but you would not believe the stories of corruption I can tell you about the Texas Courthouses.   Just .. beyond belief.    I don't know, but I will NEVER believe that the AD is not doing ALL it can to manipulate public opinion, including having dozens of accounts on Hogville, and I would bet a LOT that I can name several.  Compared to what I've seen, that is just shlts and giggles.  Not even bloody.  OF course they are doing it!   Its a BILLION dollar industry built on the backs of unpaid "students."

But then again, who knows?   I try to wipe out the ____   I've seen with as much Green Fairy as I can swallow.  Maybe some day I'll succeed.

RME

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 04:23:00 pm
Well, you told me what you did, though you surely aren't proud of it.  lol ...   I'm a retired lawyer.  Spent some time in D.C.  Traffic is awful, but still one of my favorite places.   Every American should be so lucky to visit at least once.

I do live here now, though I won't forever. Proud of it? Sure I am. Great city for a young guy to live in.

sigpooie

I want to work for jeffro, on linkedin...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson