Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RAZORBACKS CAN SURVIVE!!!!!!!!! AWESOME NEW SONG

Started by Abominable Hillbilly, September 03, 2010, 11:17:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogfan4ever13

Quote from: TXrazorback on September 03, 2010, 02:47:44 pm
Definitely not a Yankee.  Born in raised in Arkansas.  Just because I don't care for it as much as you (and everybody else for that matter) does not make me a Yankee.

I would watch your back or you might get whacked ;)
+1
I dont like country music either. I dont want to hear this blasting in RRS or even WMS on gameday. Plenty of other better songs. Im definitely not a yankee either.
Worst to First... That's not improvement for SOME people.

MrEric0822

The guy singing is Todd Fitzgerald of Sherwood, AR. The writers are Donnie Matthews & Eric Lancaster (me) of NLR. We did this a couple of days ago to enter in The Buzz 103.7 FM Razorback song contest. We are laying low b/c we don't want to do something to make us ineligible to compete. All of the stations playing the song pulled it off my YouTube page, which was only put out there so I could post the song to FB so my friends could vote for us if we made it to the Top 3 on The Buzz. That single FB post has turned into quite an unexpected scene. We've not posted or promoted it any way, save for that single post to my FB page. Sure goes to show the power of social media. Anyway, we're just three dudes who like the Hogs and are glad other fans like the song. (Well, most of you, anyway. :) )

MrEric0822

BTW, I co-wrote the song and since someone asked:

Yes, the lyric is "Bam." The line is:
We hate the Rebs and we hate Bam
if you don't love the Hogs, then don't come around.

Thanks for playing!

Hog on the Hill

Cool song.  I'm not really into country but I can make exceptions for certain songs, and this is certainly one of them.  The lyrics are great!

STLHogFan

Quote from: MrEric0822 on September 04, 2010, 12:11:23 am
The guy singing is Todd Fitzgerald of Sherwood, AR. The writers are Donnie Matthews & Eric Lancaster (me) of NLR. We did this a couple of days ago to enter in The Buzz 103.7 FM Razorback song contest. We are laying low b/c we don't want to do something to make us ineligible to compete. All of the stations playing the song pulled it off my YouTube page, which was only put out there so I could post the song to FB so my friends could vote for us if we made it to the Top 3 on The Buzz. That single FB post has turned into quite an unexpected scene. We've not posted or promoted it any way, save for that single post to my FB page. Sure goes to show the power of social media. Anyway, we're just three dudes who like the Hogs and are glad other fans like the song. (Well, most of you, anyway. :) )

Ha that is cool.  I ripped it into an MP3 and it is now on my iPod.  Great Job!
BEVO - It's what's for dinner.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: STLHogFan on September 03, 2010, 11:14:50 pm
Great song!  I have a question on the lyrics during the chorus it says...

We hate the rebs? and we hate? the _____? 

I can't make out what he is saying.  Anyone know?
"we hate the rebs and we hate the bams"......definiton of a BAM....B ragging A labama M oron
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hogninja

Just hope the song patent has expired. ??? :razorback:

Kilgor

Copyright, not patent. They are violating it unless they have a licensing agreement with HW Jr (or the record label that owns the rights to the song). The chances that they will be pursued are very small unless they start making serious money with it.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

hogninja

Quote from: Kilgor on September 04, 2010, 02:19:57 am
Copyright, not patent. They are violating it unless they have a licensing agreement with HW Jr (or the record label that owns the rights to the song). The chances that they will be pursued are very small unless they start making serious money with it.
Wrong choice of words, my bad.  My ex was a musician.

lrar1974

Jabroni

Quote from: BoaredatWork on September 03, 2010, 09:40:12 pm
I know one of the two guys that wrote the song.  Great guy, very creative.

link to lyrics anywhere?

NorthshoreBoar

Quote from: MrEric0822 on September 04, 2010, 12:11:23 am
+1 for the "oh  my" and "lsu in little rock" reference   
A good man can live a lie for only so long before he becomes just a man. - Jason Whitlock

the wife

Love the song!  Job well done!! Whether country is your style or not, I feel the song is in the same category as clothes...if it has any reference to the Razorbacks, Hogs, etc, then it goes with EVERYTHING!!!

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

atekido

all you need is software to convert the file to a mp3 or wav ect.  the song /video is stored in your cache.  also there is a website you can put the youtube link in and it will convert it to a file for you to download.

ozarkshogfan

I love it! Over 15,000 views in a couple days  :razorback:

Arctic Hog

That was awesome!  Now someone with multimedia skills needs to mix the song with some video of the Razorbacks, Paul Eells, and Arkansas scenery. 

It'd probably make me  :'( .  I haven't been to Arkansas in five years.  I need to get back for a visit.   ;D

:razorback: GHG! :razorback:

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

SwazyHog

Honestly I respect this song b/c its about the Hogs but not really my cup of tea.
This is more my style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVhLix5RsE
"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

aberium2002

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on September 03, 2010, 11:28:11 pm
I think he is saying Bam...as in Bama.  I think.

That is an amazing song!  Ready to go tomorrow..
Does anyone know where to get the highlight video they played with the song
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

Breems

For ANY YouTube video you'd like to convert to MP3, burn to CD, etc:

1.) http://www.listentoyoutube.com
2.) Copy the video URL and paste it in ListenToYouTube's input box.
3.) Follow steps to download the MP3.
4.) Burn to CD using whatever.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

aberium2002

Quote from: Breems on September 04, 2011, 05:55:18 pm

Awesome thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Your help is greatly appreciated
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

aberium2002

Quote from: Breems on September 04, 2011, 05:55:18 pm

ok am I stupid why can't I find the URL? Where is it located?

Pigskin_Porker

"ATHLETICS IS A MINDSET.  WINNERS THINK DIFFERENT. I SHOULD STOP SAYING 'THINK' BECAUSE WINNERS DON'T THINK, THEY JUST DO IT."                                                                                            -- COACH JOHN McDONNELL  (42 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS)                                                

. . .  Es ist verdammt hart, das Beste zu sein . . .

AloRaptor

Quote from: The Boar War on September 03, 2010, 03:57:59 pm
Did you write the lyrics or sing the song?  If you did you need to send it to 103.7 the Buzz in Little Rock.  They are running a contest for the best original Razorback song and the prize is $1000.  I've heard some of the other songs and this is a pretty easy way to make money if you're the writer.

the buzz already has it. they been play it for months. ;D

soowage

cj_sez

HogsWellThenEndsWell

LIVE! Do not just Exist!!

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />