Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The WTH Pitch

Started by ucahogfan, May 28, 2013, 06:27:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

clutch

southarkhog06

wow thats filthy, if hes got that working you might as well take and hope blue gives you a walk.

pigture perfect

May 29, 2013, 06:11:43 pm #3 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:36:34 pm by pigture perfect
I always like to see a knuckleballer, because he can certainly make a batter look silly. If it doesn't knuckle it usually lands second level somewhere. Probably the same with this pitch. I think I saw in the article tho, that his pitch was in the 80's. That is potentially devastating.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

McKdaddy

May 29, 2013, 06:51:17 pm #4 Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:17:05 pm by McKdaddy
It hurts to think about holding a ball like that.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

ucahogfan

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 29, 2013, 06:11:43 pm
I always like to see a knuckleballer, because he can certainly make a batter look silly. If it doesn't knuckle it usually lands second level somewhere. Probably the same with this pitch. I think I saw in the article tho, that his pitch was in the 80's. That is potentially devastating.
A lot of pitchers throw a split finger like this is.  The main difference is that his can also add the knuckle element.  Pitch would still probably drop like a split finger pitch does, but not with the nastiness you see when he throws it right.

Ray Piggers

In that video.. That was clearly a strike. I think everyone was so baffled by it they didn't know what to do. It looked like Ianetta had no clue it was gonna do that.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck