Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sad Medical News for Former Ranger Catcher!

Started by DeltaBoy, January 29, 2013, 09:55:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/red-fever/Napoli-Has-Degenerative-Hip-188369231.html

That just sucks  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
He is a quality guy and ball player I wonder if he will ever get to play MLB again.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 29, 2013, 09:55:40 am
http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/red-fever/Napoli-Has-Degenerative-Hip-188369231.html

That just sucks  ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
He is a quality guy and ball player I wonder if he will ever get to play MLB again.

According to Tim Britton of the Providence Journal, Mike Napoli's hip condition has been caught early enough to prevent it from worsening over time.
The cause of Napoli's condition still isn't clear, but he said earlier this week that he doesn't feel any of the symptoms of AVN, and doctors believe he "has a good chance to go on to a long productive career." After originally agreeing to a three-year, $39 million contract, Napoli will look to reestablish his value on a one-year, $5 million deal. The 31-year-old will serve as Boston's primary first baseman in 2013.
Source: Providence Journal
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

pigture perfect

I remember him as a Traveler as well. Get well soon Mike.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DeltaBoy

Glad to hear they caught it early and that he can continue to play baseball.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Hawg Balling

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 22, 2013, 03:16:37 pm
Any more updates ??? I have not seen any!

The Red Sox tore up his original 3 year, $39 million deal after this failed physical and gave him one for 1 year, $5 million. 

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy

I hope he can keep playing. He is looking good so far.

bbates1

Man. That is sad to hear. Plays the game hard!

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 28, 2013, 10:04:41 am
I hope he can keep playing. He is looking good so far.

Now that the MLB lights are on for real Napoli is only hitting .158 through four games. But he did record his first HR of the season tonight and 3 RBI in tonights 6-4 win over the Jays.

DeltaBoy

He starting slow so far but he should be alright.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

GolfNut57

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 30, 2013, 10:55:17 am
Glad to hear they caught it early and that he can continue to play baseball.
glad to hear they caught it early so he can merely live.....when tissue in your body is dying because of the lack of blood flow, things get serious...Napoli was a solid major leaguer.... not flashy, just an adequate catcher....good luck on the rehab
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

GolfNut57

Just an update for the Napoli fans.......

Through 22 games Nap has 24 hits through 88 AB's and has scored 13 runs. He has a .273 batting average with 11 doubles, 4 HRs, and leads the league (I think) with 26 RBI. His OBP is .326, SLG is .526, and OPS is .883. His only detracting stat is he has struck out 31 times over his 88 ABs. A 35% K rate.

Over his last ten games he is batting .342.

DeltaBoy

He is hitting his stride like he did here in TX.

GolfNut57

Just a Napoli update for you Deltaboy. Napoli has gone into the tank the last couple weeks. Over his last ten games he is only 7-36 with 12 K's and just 2 measly RBI. That is a .194 batting average.

Dr. Starcs

^^^^

That's the mike Napoli rangers fans came to dislike last year. Especially for the $$$$ he was making.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 14, 2013, 09:24:29 pm
^^^^

That's the mike Napoli rangers fans came to dislike last year. Especially for the $$$$ he was making.

In last nights game in TB, Napoli lost sight of a infield pop up with runners at second and third, the score tied 3-3, and 2 outs. The ball landed 5 feet behind him on the infield turf and both runners scored. Boston lost the game 5-3.  >:(

Dr. Starcs

I saw that. The trop has had some crazy things happen in it.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 15, 2013, 07:12:34 am
I saw that. The trop has had some crazy things happen in it.

That place is a real dump that needs to be demolished.