Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Verizon Arena - SOLD OUT

Started by razorhead94, December 15, 2017, 11:26:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead94

Tomorrow's game is now officially a sellout.  No tickets remain on ticketmaster but I know you can find them on stubhub etc.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Hoggish1

Quote from: razorhead94 on December 15, 2017, 11:26:13 am
Tomorrow's game is now officially a sellout.  No tickets remain on ticketmaster but I know you can find them on stubhub etc.

Yet, no TV   :puke:

ICEman

It is amazing how many tickets can be sold when there is no television for a game.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Cotton

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: ICEman on December 15, 2017, 11:46:36 am
It is amazing how many tickets can be sold when there is no television for a game.

And, you know, when the team is great.

HogFaninMemphis

This is so cool. Y'all enjoy! wish I could join
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

hog of steele

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

BannerMountainMan

Are people literally complaining because it never gets sold out in Fay, there's only 10 seats in Verizon, we would have like 4 sell outs already in Fay if their was only 10,000 seats
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

novack2

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2017, 02:35:13 pm
Are people literally complaining because it never gets sold out in Fay, there's only 10 seats in Verizon, we would have like 4 sell outs already in Fay if their was only 10,000 seats

18k seats at Verizon

razorhead94

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2017, 02:35:13 pm

Ummm try again.  18,000 with no students!

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorhead94

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2017, 02:49:58 pm
I was wrong there's 16k

Once again...try again

https://www.verizonarena.com/about-the-arena/

I don't see anybody complaining in this thread either.  WPS

onebadrubi

rzrbackramsfan

The crowds gonna be wild.  Wish I could be there!

Mike Irwin

Quote from: razorhead94 on December 15, 2017, 02:49:45 pm
Ummm try again.  18,000 with no students!
I think that's maximum capacity with seating on the floor for concerts. The most I recall in there for basketball was around 15,000.

HawgWild

I was there for a Hogball game a few years back when they had curtains pulled across the upper level. This is great! WPS!

labb

December 15, 2017, 05:03:26 pm #17 Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:36:42 pm by labb
A game with no TV time outs for ads. The Cheerleaders will have that place rocking from the time that they (cheerleaders) arrive. The band and the cheer squads will really have the crowd roaring..The Bud could be the same. Just got to get over trying to squeeze the last penny out of the program. Even Jim Robkin couldn't operate in the climate that has been set for our programs. Time to give the program back to the fans and let the Hog Call prevail. JMO

BoogaHog

Quote from: labb on December 15, 2017, 05:03:26 pm
A game with no TV time outs for ads. The Cheerleaders will have that place rocking from the time that they (cheerleaders) arrive. The band and the cheer squads will really have the crowd roaring..The Bud could be the same. Just got to get over trying to squeeze the last penny out of the program. Even Jim Robertson couldn't operate in the climate that has been set for our programs. Time to give the program back to the fans and let the Hog Call prevail. JMO

Jim Robkin? lol

labb

Hollywood_HOGan45

ShadowHawg

Regardless of how many seats there are for basketball at Verizon, a sellout is a sellout!

This team feeds off energy of the crowds. Go Hogs!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 15, 2017, 04:55:18 pm
I think that's maximum capacity with seating on the floor for concerts. The most I recall in there for basketball was around 15,000.
yeah it's 16,032 to be exact

Pork Ranger

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 15, 2017, 06:49:15 pm
yeah it's 16,032 to be exact

103.7 had a spokesman from Verizon on today and said tmrw should be right around 17,000

FineAsSwine

This is gonna be so much fun! I hope there is a temporary lull in the crowd noise so that I can get in one good zinger on the refs just on general principles, good call or bad.
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Pork Ranger on December 15, 2017, 07:25:28 pm
103.7 had a spokesman from Verizon on today and said tmrw should be right around 17,000

Need a noise meter. Let's get hyped and blow the roof off the mothersucka! I want to leave there hoarse and happy.
Hogs up! Covid down!

tusksincolorado

I went there 1 time and saw a AFL game with a player whose a jersey name of "he hate me"....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Bogghawg

Quote from: labb on December 15, 2017, 05:03:26 pm
A game with no TV time outs for ads. The Cheerleaders will have that place rocking from the time that they (cheerleaders) arrive. The band and the cheer squads will really have the crowd roaring..The Bud could be the same. Just got to get over trying to squeeze the last penny out of the program. Even Jim Robkin couldn't operate in the climate that has been set for our programs. Time to give the program back to the fans and let the Hog Call prevail. JMO
Yes, Yes.   YES!!!!
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Razorback de Nosferatu

According to the almighty Wikipedia, basketball seating capacity at Verizon is 18k.

There should be at least 17k or so actually in the house.

Got my tickets well over a week ago, and I can't wait. 

bolo1010

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 15, 2017, 08:47:34 pm
I went there 1 time and saw a AFL game with a player whose a jersey name of "he hate me"....

That was the player that played in the XFL I think.  I watched the 30 for 30 about the XFL last week.  Pretty interesting how they implemented things into the NFL from the XFL.  Like more behind the scene access and the sky cam.

John Snow

No Tv for the  North Little Rock game but Jeff Long made sure to give  his buddy a crazy buyout contract for  Brett Beilama but can't spend $40,000 on equipment to film the game. Hopefully the new athletic director gets this fixed and spends the money to show games in North Little Rock next year.

Sed76

Quote from: tusksincolorado on December 15, 2017, 08:47:34 pm

You might have seen an arena football game there but would be kinda hard to see He Hate Me since he played in a whole other league in Vegas.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

razorhead94

For concerts they also don't have seating behind the stage where it's blocked off but it's opened up for a basketball venue. 17,000-18,000 is pretty accurate

FineAsSwine

I helped sell out Verizon Arena! Congrats to me. WPS!!!
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogsfan1981

Have fun! Glad to hear it...pissed off it is not on television. Do games in central Arkansas...I am all for it! But if we are going to keep doing things there INVEST! I live between the two so I don't care but either go all in on LR or all out...I hate the cheap middle ground that looks bad on TV or isn't on TV at all.

Fans there seem hungry though. Should be fun. No one that is not there will ever know though.

Marshfieldhog

I have zero issues with Central Arkansas games, in fact it's a pretty good idea to include the entire state. HOWEVER...that part of the state needs to invest in either a new stadium OR add sets/spruce up WMS. Verizon needs to be able to have equipment to televise games easily.

HouSwine

Someone at the game please stream it.
This is the 21st century

1highhog

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on December 16, 2017, 09:09:30 am
I have zero issues with Central Arkansas games, in fact it's a pretty good idea to include the entire state. HOWEVER...that part of the state needs to invest in either a new stadium OR add sets/spruce up WMS. Verizon needs to be able to have equipment to televise games easily.

They can televise games just as easily at Verizon as any Stadium in the Country, where'd you get that idea from?

TrueBlue

The IGNORANCE is amazing sometimes on HV.

Get your facts straight and put away your agenda.

Give props when props are due. Don't start another GSD just because you hate central AR - makes you look petty.

Razorback de Nosferatu

I don't think the arena is the reason it isn't televised.

My only complaint with Verizon is that somebody needs to power wash all that ugly white sheet metal near the top of the structure.... 

DreamBoy2

If anyone has two lower level tickets please let me know. Trying to take my wife.  5018313318

rzrbk4life

Gonna be loud! Sucks that it's not on tv though
Let's call those hogs!!!!

hobhog

Quote from: ICEman on December 15, 2017, 11:46:36 am

Wish it were like the old days-TV blackout unless sold out or near it.

Wild Bill Hog

WMS is owned by the State of Arkansas.  Verizon has all the equipment necessary for a game to be televised.  NCAAT games have been televised from there as well as the SEC Women's Tournament.

razorhead94

If it were a bigger name opponent it could have been picked up by ESPN/ESPN2 or ESPNU.  Bowl season has started however so you're competing with that.

jgphillips3

Quote from: DreamBoy2 on December 16, 2017, 10:07:31 am
If anyone has two lower level tickets please let me know. Trying to take my wife.  5018313318

So they will take your wife unless you get them tickets?  That's kind of harsh.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 16, 2017, 11:59:08 am

The demand for tickets has apparently hit an all time high.  ;)
Hogs up! Covid down!

1highhog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 16, 2017, 11:59:08 am

Depends, wonder what his wife looks like?