Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Qualls

Started by BannerMountainMan, December 13, 2017, 07:48:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Fan701

Good for him.  He was one of our best this decade.

rzrbackramsfan

Michael Qualls has entered the building (G-league).

When qualls left Arkansas i thought he'd get drafted in the second and stick with an NBA team. He obviously had that terrible injury with a long rehab but has been playing overseas getting his strength and game back. 

The G-league is the first step to getting into the league and I'm very excited to see how he does.  I'd buy stock in him if I could.

sickboy

Dude is only 23. He's still got a shot at the league.

BrooklynRoss

Michael Qualls has one of the most epic dunks in Razorback Basketball history ... to win a game in the last second ... against Kentucky. Watch this clip without smiling. I dare you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpsgBTBBP0. I'm glad to see him working his way back.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on December 13, 2017, 09:07:51 pm
Michael Qualls has one of the most epic dunks in Razorback Basketball history ... to win a game in the last second ... against Kentucky. Watch this clip without smiling. I dare you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpsgBTBBP0. I'm glad to see him working his way back.

I was screaming so loud when he threw it down that I scared my wife in the other room. Top 3 Razorback moment for me!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

farfromgroovins

EPIC

thebignasty

Im not a real emotive sports watcher.  Was watching this game at home alone and I was jumping on the couch and hollering.  Epic.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

greenEGnHAWGS

Hope MQ gets a shop in the big leagues. If I remember correctly, he left early so he could provide for his family.

On a side note, did Madden EVER hit the game winning shot? He seemed to take ever one, but I can't remember him ever hitting it.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 13, 2017, 09:25:42 pm
Hope MQ gets a shop in the big leagues. If I remember correctly, he left early so he could provide for his family.

On a side note, did Madden EVER hit the game winning shot? He seemed to take ever one, but I can't remember him ever hitting it.

I think when we beat UK at Lexington he hit a ton of free throws late to clinch it, but I definitely agree with your sentiment, he thought he was Michael Jordan or LeBron James when the game was on the line.

hawgmasta

Man, that final against Kentucky was one of my favorites.

panhandlepig

I loved watching that kid play.  I'm not sure what it was about him and it don't matter. I hope he has a good life no matter where it takes him.

hawgball40

good deal. hope he shows out and gets rewarded with a call up

sadhogfan

Quote from: thebignasty on December 13, 2017, 09:20:22 pm
Im not a real emotive sports watcher.  Was watching this game at home alone and I was jumping on the couch and hollering.  Epic.

I was at that game and jumped so uncontrollably that I almost ended up in the seats in the row in front of me.

MakingPlays

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on December 13, 2017, 09:25:42 pm

Glad I'm not the only person that noticed that in his career.  It use to really bug me.  He would always get the last second shots and never made them.  And he use to go out of his way to get the ball, I don't even think those plays were drawn up for him. 

And speaking of that, Beard is the same way, and never makes those shots either.  I heard an interview with Beard one time, and he said if he gets the ball with the clock running down he's going to shoot it, I just SMH.  Hopefully if we get in those situations this year Macon or Barford goes and just takes it from him, they are much better options.

NWAHog479

Good for him, now go get buckets!

Hogs run wild

Quote from: MakingPlays on December 13, 2017, 11:38:03 pm
Glad I'm not the only person that noticed that in his career.  It use to really bug me.  He would always get the last second shots and never made them.  And he use to go out of his way to get the ball, I don't even think those plays were drawn up for him. 

And speaking of that, Beard is the same way, and never makes those shots either.  I heard an interview with Beard one time, and he said if he gets the ball with the clock running down he's going to shoot it, I just SMH.  Hopefully if we get in those situations this year Macon or Barford goes and just takes it from him, they are much better options.
that last shot he took against UNC last year, when macon was on fire...smh
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

WorfHog

Quote from: MakingPlays on December 13, 2017, 11:38:03 pm

Give it to Dan or CJ please!

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogs run wild on December 14, 2017, 08:04:31 pm
that last shot he took against UNC last year, when macon was on fire...smh
He was wide open, Macon wasn't, that was a good shot. As a matter of fact that was the only shot. If you recall they started trying to deny Macon the ball and they did a pretty good job on that play.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hogs run wild

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 16, 2017, 06:22:53 am
He was wide open, Macon wasn't, that was a good shot. As a matter of fact that was the only shot. If you recall they started trying to deny Macon the ball and they did a pretty good job on that play.
i remember there were just less than 20 secs left. beard took the ball up court, didn't look for anyone. just shot it. after UNC rebounds, there were over 10secs left. it was not the only shot, it was not a good shot.

Youngsta71701

December 16, 2017, 01:13:16 pm #21 Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:39:01 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hogs run wild on December 16, 2017, 12:15:56 pm
i remember there were just less than 20 secs left. beard took the ball up court, didn't look for anyone. just shot it. after UNC rebounds, there were over 10secs left. it was not the only shot, it was not a good shot.
If I recall he looked around and nobody was open but they left him wide open. Can't pass up on a wide open shot like that, especially if you know you can make it because you might not get a another one. Why pass up on any open shot for one that might be contested?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hogs run wild

Naw man, he didn't look around and he wasn't open.
check it out @ 10:15