Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We don't do enough as a fanbase to promote our top players

Started by hawgball40, December 11, 2017, 12:56:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgball40

If you go on youtube and search the top player of any major college basketball team, chances are there is scout tape of each college game of that player. You search our top players? nothing. not a single video of them in a hog uni playing college ball. We don't do jack to help promote our players, and i think its sorry. I wonder if we could start a patreon or a gofundme to entice someone to make highlight vids of our top players. what say ye?

Hogs49ers

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 11, 2017, 12:56:40 pm
If you go on youtube and search the top player of any major college basketball team, chances are there is scout tape of each college game of that player. You search our top players? nothing. not a single video of them in a hog uni playing college ball. We don't do jack to help promote our players, and i think its sorry. I wonder if we could start a patreon or a gofundme to entice someone to make highlight vids of our top players. what say ye?

Well we have not had too many elite draft prospects to be making videos for.  Bobby Portis was our last solid draft prospect and there are definitely highlight videos for him at Arkansas as I am sure there will be highlight videos for Gafford and probably Barford here by the end of the year, I mean we are only 9 games into the season.

No doubt that we could probably do more though.
SCREW Vandy!

hogwood

How many NBA execs or scouts are flipping through YouTube to find their next draft pick? They have their own services.

USChog

hawgball40

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 11, 2017, 01:05:30 pm
Well we have not had too many elite draft prospects to be making videos for.  Bobby Portis was our last solid draft prospect and there are definitely highlight videos for him at Arkansas as I am sure there will be highlight videos for Gafford and probably Barford here by the end of the year, I mean we are only 9 games into the season.

No doubt that we could probably do more though.
Oh my god man. 1 or 2 videos for bobby posted right before the draft. but at other schools, prospects have a video after each and every game. just checkout all of kentucky's freshman on youtube. Checkout trae young. alonzo trier, etc etc etc. GET. WITH. THE. DAMN. TIMES.

people, this is not about scouts. Its about increasing the brand and visibility of our athletes to the greater public. Other programs have this. we can too. or will we wait 20 years like we did with the practice facility.

Jborohog09

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 11, 2017, 12:56:40 pm

Yea, that's not true at all.  I made a 2016-17 video of Macon and Barford and I also did career highlights for Moses and Dusty.

hawgball40

Quote from: Jborohog09 on December 11, 2017, 01:46:02 pm
Yea, that's not true at all.  I made a 2016-17 video of Macon and Barford and I also did career highlights for Moses and Dusty.
Yes. 1 video for each player after the end of the season. Meanwhile, our competition has video for each player after every single game. and its not just highlights. its full scout tape. GET. WITH. THE. TIMES. PEOPLE.

hawgball40

I'm not trying to insult you Jboro. I appreciate your highlights. This is not about you, so don't take it so personally. Again, i appreciate all that you do... trust. Im in your notifications squad if that makes sense.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Jborohog09 on December 11, 2017, 01:46:02 pm

I searched Daryl Macon on youtube and I quit counting at 20 videos.  Are you Warmachine2013?

Jborohog09

Quote from: hawkhawg on December 11, 2017, 02:15:40 pm
I searched Daryl Macon on youtube and I quit counting at 20 videos.  Are you Warmachine2013?

Yes.

hawkhawg

Jborohog09

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 11, 2017, 01:58:29 pm
Yes. 1 video for each player after the end of the season. Meanwhile, our competition has video for each player after every single game. and its not just highlights. its full scout tape. GET. WITH. THE. TIMES. PEOPLE.

I just don't have the time to do that.  There are guys on YouTube that specialize in those kinds of videos so maybe reach out to them and see if they would possibly do it.

hawgball40

Quote from: hawkhawg on December 11, 2017, 02:15:40 pm
You all can post as many outright lies as you like in your attempt to discredit me, but here is the reality in side by side viewing for you to illustrate the point:

1 season highlight video for macon
vs a highlight full scout tape video for every game of the season thus far for diallo

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Jborohog09 on December 11, 2017, 02:20:49 pm
I just don't have the time to do that.  There are guys on YouTube that specialize in those kinds of videos so maybe reach out to them and see if they would possibly do it.

Thanks for posting the highlights from each game. I watch every time you post them!
Hogville member since 2005.

hawkhawg

Quote from: Jborohog09 on December 11, 2017, 02:20:03 pm
Thanks!

I watched that 1987 NIT Arkansas State video you made.  Brought back a lot of memories. Just think how different our basketball program would have been if we would have lost that game.  I knew John Tate when I was a kid and I coached  with Wiedower later. 

hawgball40

Quote from: Jborohog09 on December 11, 2017, 02:20:49 pm
I know man and I'm not complaining! Please believe me, and please understand that this isn't about you. I wish you would understand that. I am trying to drum up interest in this idea of promoting our players. I feel like its an opportunity to make us a national brand again, or at the very least help us promote our players who put alot of work into our program. The most obvious thing i've found is that other teams seem to have fans or paid people who post scout video of their top players. I'm trying to drum up interest in doing that for our top players to help promote them. I am in no way asking or insinuating you do more.

thehill1414

Quote from: hawkhawg on December 11, 2017, 02:18:54 pm
Those are sweet videos.  You do a great job. 

Jboro - You do a phenomenal job.  I love going back and watching the games/highlights. Thanks for getting them out there!