Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What will we be ranked?

Started by mj4president, December 09, 2017, 08:52:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mj4president

December 09, 2017, 08:52:05 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 10:18:09 pm by mj4president
I'll say 17th
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

BannerMountainMan

In between 20 and 30 votes so that'll prolly be 28
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

woodhog14

Quote from: mj4president on December 09, 2017, 08:52:05 pm
I'll say 17th
We won't be ranked because we got destroyed by Houston.

Adam Stokes

For real, short memory y'all. We had ZERO votes in last weeks polls. We won't be ranked. Maybe crack the top 30 if we're lucky. Team looked great today.

SSFrazorback

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 09, 2017, 09:00:34 pm
For real, short memory y'all. We lost to Houston just a week ago. We'll hardly move up.

No! We beat the hell out of Colorado st. And 14th ranked Minn.

King Kong

lynbug

I almost hope we're NOT ranked.  I think I would rather be UNDERESTIMATED.  Sneak attacks are fun....I'm anxiously awaiting the first ROAD sneak attack.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: King Kong on December 09, 2017, 09:08:59 pm
We won't be

I want us to keep winning and not be ranked when we play Tennessee. They won't want to Volunteer to come back here for a while after we get through spanking that adze.

With the way we played against Lynch and Murphy, I am not as worried about dealing with Schofield and Williams for Tenner.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Knot2brite

Until we win on the road against a decent team we won't be getting many votes. Arkansas has always played good at home and not so good on the road most years. Start the SEC season with a string of road wins and watch the votes come in
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Hulk HOGan

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 09, 2017, 09:25:27 pm
Until we win on the road against a decent team we won't be getting many votes. Arkansas has always played good at home and not so good on the road most years. Start the SEC season with a string of road wins and watch the votes come in

We have been tough on the road for 3 and a half seasons now

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: woodhog14 on December 09, 2017, 08:58:36 pm
We won't be ranked because we got destroyed by Houston.

We're not the only team in the nation that lost.

Knot2brite

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 09, 2017, 09:27:39 pm
We have been tough on the road for 3 and a half seasons now
But we didn't look too tough at Houston and even though it was one game there was a time when Arkansas didn't beat many teams on the road and that is what the noninformed voter remembers
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

kid squealer

SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

rzrbackramsfan

Roy Bacon

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on December 09, 2017, 09:28:37 pm
We're not the only team in the nation that lost.

you don't get ranked when Houston hands you your ass ! We just broke even by beating Minnesota .  We'd be ranked had we beaten Houston .
Just say no to the forward facing Hog !

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

7-2 with #9 RPI, #8 SOS, we probably won't be ranked....

bigred223

Quote from: Roy Bacon on December 09, 2017, 10:11:12 pm
you don't get ranked when Houston hands you your ass ! We just broke even by beating Minnesota .  We'd be ranked had we beaten Houston .

Our body of work at this point is top 25 level, however you are probably correct.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

hogwood

BigoBoys

Why is that important before Christmas?

cardsNhogs

synthartist69

John Snow

If we would of at least played Houston close there would be a lot more consideration for us in the top 25.

jry04

Unranked and it will not be close. Minnesota has lost 3 of their last 4, and 2 in a row. Minny will fall out of the top 25, and Arkansas will get like 10 votes.

popcornhog

Quote from: mj4president on December 09, 2017, 08:52:05 pm
I'll say 17th

I suspect we'll be a few spots outside of the top 25, but close.

27-31 range.
WPS

razorhead94

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on December 09, 2017, 10:13:21 pm
7-2 with #9 RPI, #8 SOS, we probably won't be ranked....

The only numbers that really matter
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

FineAsSwine

"Rankings are nothing but numbers"

12/09/2017 quote from Daniel Gafford in post game interview response to question about whether the Hogs should be ranked after beating Minnesota.
Hogs up! Covid down!

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: jry04 on December 10, 2017, 12:06:52 am
Unranked and it will not be close. Minnesota has lost 3 of their last 4, and 2 in a row. Minny will fall out of the top 25, and Arkansas will get like 10 votes.

This.

PORKULATOR

Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

razorbackchamps94

This team will have highs and lows.. I can see us beating Kentucky at home and getting blowed out @Miss St .Going be that type of year I do think they will make nccat as a high seed.

razorbackchamps94

We are a PF away from being really good ..

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

TexArkHogFan

We won't be ranked.  The AP poll is by sports writers who are biased just like the national media.  The coaches poll is by coaches who read what the sports writers say.  They don't have time to do any research cause they are busy coaching their own teams.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

NWAHog479

Houston is 8-1, with their only loss being Drexel. They play LSU next, will be interesting to see how that game plays out.

Fan701

We won't be ranked.  Nationally very few people have any idea we're any good.  Even in our own state, my relatives, who follow Arkansas football avidly and used to follow basketball back in the day, have no idea the basketball team is any good.

HotlantaHog

A bit outside the top 25. Not ranked.

Danny J

AP releases rankings at noon. I think we will be between 24-28.

popcornhog

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 11, 2017, 08:10:44 am
Houston is 8-1, with their only loss being Drexel. They play LSU next, will be interesting to see how that game plays out.

I'll be in Red Stick for work — I'm considering going to that game.
WPS

TexArkHogFan

All that matters is how the selection committee ranks us.  We have played 8 games, lost 2, neither of which will be considered bad losses.  Of those 8 games, at least four and possibly more will be tourney teams.  Florida and Minnesota both have 3 losses.  Wouldn't surprise me if they aren't ranked ahead of us. 
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

riccoar

Considering we don't even show up in the  "Others receiving votes"  I'll say it's likely we remain unranked.

FineAsSwine

I'm ok with not being ranked. Let's let Tenner roll in here with the ranking against some hungry and disrespected Hogs. Smokey will get smoked!
Hogs up! Covid down!

FineAsSwine

The OP seems to assume that we will be ranked in the top 25 and as such is asking what that ranking will be. I will say we will be ranked 25th because that is the lowest spot available as a ranked team(hog fans are filled with self-loathing).

Although if I had a vote in the actual poll, I would put them at 19 because that is my favorite number.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hogs49ers

OU should be ranked too as they beat a top 25 team on the road, and I think we will be ranked 20-25 based on being 7-2 against the 2nd hardest schedule in the country to this point, and arguably have 2 near top 25 wins already.
SCREW Vandy!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hogs49ers on December 11, 2017, 11:44:19 am
OU should be ranked too as they beat a top 25 team on the road, and I think we will be ranked 20-25 based on being 7-2 against the 2nd hardest schedule in the country to this point, and arguably have 2 near top 25 wins already.

Ok, rank OU and then put us one spot ahead of them. That would only be fair.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Wisco Pig

The new polls have been posted.  Arkansas is 30th in the AP poll and 31st in the new coaches' poll.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/polls

HogAllMighty

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 11, 2017, 11:36:41 am
I'm ok with not being ranked. Let's let Tenner roll in here with the ranking against some hungry and disrespected Hogs. Smokey will get smoked!

This ^^^^^^