Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a win by the Hogs MN shot 37 FT to ARK 13,and still got blown out

Started by forrest city joe, December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

This Hog team is even better than i thought. they did not let the refs take this game away from them.they went  and won anyway.and i freaking love it. this is an outstanding team folks.and o love watching them play.think about this folks.MN shot 37 FT to ARK 13,on our home court,and still got blown out. that is unreal.these Hogs are for real folks. Mike Anderson is doing a flat out great job.congrats to our players and coaches on another great win.GO HOGS.

popcornhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm
This Hog team is even better than i thought. they did not let the refs take this game away from them.they went  and won anyway.and i freaking love it. this is an outstanding team folks.and o love watching them play.think about this folks.MN shot 37 FT to ARK 13,on our home court,and still got blown out. that is unreal.these Hogs are for real folks. Mike Anderson is doing a flat out great job.congrats to our players and coaches on another great win.GO HOGS.

Lol wut?

But yes, huge win! Arkansas hoops is a lot of fun right now.
WPS

Atlhogfan1

Officials didn't stop the pace early and allowed a good flow.  Only four fouls on Hogs in first 10+ minutes.  By the time they really got involved calling fouls Hogs had already built the big lead. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Nice game by the Hogs.
Best part was we scored well with Macon having an off shooting night for most of the game.
Gafford and CJ Jones looked great. Barford is just Mr. Steady game in and game out.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

forrest city joe

Quote from: popcornhog on December 09, 2017, 08:24:51 pm
Lol wut?

But yes, huge win! Arkansas hoops is a lot of fun right now.
They are not only really good.they are are fun to watch.Mike Anderson has built a monster here at Arkansas.look at this team.and look at the recruiting class he has coming  in.the sky is the limit for this program.and i freaking live it.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hoglady on December 09, 2017, 08:27:45 pm
Nice game by the Hogs.
Best part was we scored well with Macon having an off shooting night for most of the game.
Gafford and CJ Jones looked great. Barford is just Mr. Steady game in and game out.

4 starters other than Macon 24-36 from the field.  5 players in double figures. Impressive night.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

popcornhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2017, 08:31:03 pm
They are not only really good.they are are fun to watch.Mike Anderson has built a monster here at Arkansas.look at this team.and look at the recruiting class he has coming  in.the sky is the limit for this program.and i freaking live it.

I don't know about sky's the limit. This team is a lot of fun and they are a lot better than we have been in a long time.

But Barford and Macon are gone next year and who knows with freshmen.

We definitely need to enjoy the ride. Great game!
WPS

AlmaHog2011

The fun is back in BWA. It really is..I am going to have to change my opinion of Beard. He is playing smart and looks like a real PG. Even though Macon was off tonight he is a steady player at all times and passed very well and played good defense. I would say Macon still played well.

Jones is really a weapon. And in time Hall is going to be a real player. Just exciting time to be a Razorback fan!

BenDial

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 08:25:24 pm
Officials didn't stop the pace early and allowed a good flow.  Only four fouls on Hogs in first 10+ minutes.  By the time they really got involved calling fouls Hogs had already built the big lead.

Refs got tired. Figured out how to slow the pace.

razorpimp

Oh come on this is completely ridiculous...we are a good team but Mike Anderson is not building a monster program here.  Keep in mind we are the same team that got blown out by UNC and Houston....we are good but not great.  I think we dominate at home and go .500 at best on the road

ShadowHawg

Quote from: razorpimp on December 09, 2017, 08:58:05 pm
Oh come on this is completely ridiculous...we are a good team but Mike Anderson is not building a monster program here.  Keep in mind we are the same team that got blown out by UNC and Houston....we are good but not great.  I think we dominate at home and go .500 at best on the road

One of the best things about winning this season has been that most of the "realists" have been too embarrassed to show up much in here.

labb

Hope so. Holding home court and going .500 on the road usually will put you in really good shape come March.

razorpimp

Quote from: labb on December 09, 2017, 09:03:31 pm
Hope so. Holding home court and going .500 on the road usually will put you in really good shape come March.

They are a consistent inside presence from being great....our outside shooting will either win them games or lose them games....and Gafford although a phenomenal player isn't that this year

razorpimp

Quote from: ShadowHawg on December 09, 2017, 09:03:07 pm
One of the best things about winning this season has been that most of the "realists" have been too embarrassed to show up much in here.

I love the Hogs and still go to every home game....I fully support CMA but do not feel he is building a juggernaut....again we are good not great. Maybe that's plenty to get an elite 8

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

leroyhawg

Quote from: popcornhog on December 09, 2017, 08:39:52 pm
I don't know about sky's the limit. This team is a lot of fun and they are a lot better than we have been in a long time.

But Barford and Macon are gone next year and who knows with freshmen.

We definitely need to enjoy the ride. Great game!
Exactly we are a little thin inside against bigger teams, but this is the most Atheletic tram since the 90's. I'm loving this Team, for the first time since Nolan I have a really good feeling about our Basketball, you could tell by the Crowd Coach Jones has created a lot of excitement in Football. Maybe we have turned the corner. Go Hogs!
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

labb

Quote from: razorpimp on December 09, 2017, 09:06:29 pm
They are a consistent inside presence from being great....our outside shooting will either win them games or lose them games....and Gafford although a phenomenal player isn't that this year
I have not seen a stat but it would be nice to know how many points in the paint we had tonight. Bet it was huge. //////cared enough to go look it up. We had 10 made threes and 7 freethrows. That would be 37 of the 95 points from deep...You don't always have to have a huge big with drop step and step through moves on the low block to be tough in the paint. This team does it different ways....and Gafford is coming on in a hurry.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: labb on December 09, 2017, 09:11:38 pm
I have not seen a stat but it would be nice to know how many points in the paint we had tonight. Bet it was huge.

At one point I heard them say we had 40.

Drop the Mike

Death, taxes, and FCJ complaining about cheating refs! Great game by the Hogs, wire to wire win!

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Knot2brite

Arkansas has more potential to be outstanding than they have on a long time. Now let me make people angry....we have to show it on the road against quality opponents or we will get nothing from the poll voters. The loss against UNC wasn't a terrible loss but the loss against Houston backed a bunch of people off the Hogs. CMA has proven that he can win at home against good teams and last year they could win on the road. We have to win some road games against decent teams and win them big
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

labb

Like him or not Joe is that never say die fan...Got to love him.

forrest city joe

Wrong! and i will take 500 on the road any day. you haters may as well give it up. you did not get Mike fired in tme to keep this from happening. just enjoy all this winning.it feels so good. i freaking love it! go Hogs.

The NewEra

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm

It was a reminder of olden days.  I hope this team can carry that type of performance on the road consistently.

I've been real frustrated with Beard the past few years.  That kids has taken his game to another level.  He's not making silly decisions and trying crazy shots.  He's really matured.  I owe him that compliment since I bad mouthed him to my nephew so often in the past.  He's a real asset to this team this year.

kaiserhog

Lanny

I've never seen a Razorback post player dunk as much as Gafford, he throws it down
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Nosboar Accubond

Nolan's goal every season, undefeated at home and break .500 on the road. Then you got something...

Hollywood_HOGan45

Love it. Refs tried to take it away but couldn't. Macon has another off night but we controlled the game all night. That's a great sign.

bigred223

I guess we will see.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 09, 2017, 08:25:24 pm
They felt sorry for Minnesota. They didn't wanna let it get too out of hand ;D.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

You did see Duke get beat by Boston College didn't' you? Just asking, for a friend. Sh*t happens...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: razorpimp on December 09, 2017, 09:08:20 pm
I love the Hogs and still go to every home game....I fully support CMA but do not feel he is building a juggernaut....again we are good not great. Maybe that's plenty to get an elite 8
The last I checked a Sweet 16 was pretty good let alone an Elite 8.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 09, 2017, 09:20:05 pm
This team scores so well inside. That is the key.
Yep, if Bailey would have made some of his chippies it really could have gotten out of hand.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Knot2brite on December 09, 2017, 09:20:17 pm
Arkansas has more potential to be outstanding than they have on a long time. Now let me make people angry....we have to show it on the road against quality opponents or we will get nothing from the poll voters. The loss against UNC wasn't a terrible loss but the loss against Houston backed a bunch of people off the Hogs. CMA has proven that he can win at home against good teams and last year they could win on the road. We have to win some road games against decent teams and win them big
Who backed off the Hogs? The Usual Suspects? We won some road games last year and we will this year as well. Long season...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 09, 2017, 10:49:28 pm
Love it. Refs tried to take it away but couldn't. Macon has another off night but we controlled the game all night. That's a great sign.
Yep, I really never felt threatened.

hoglady

Quote from: Lanny on December 09, 2017, 10:10:20 pm
I've never seen a Razorback post player dunk as much as Gafford, he throws it down

And he does it with ease.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: razorpimp on December 09, 2017, 09:06:29 pm

Must not have been watching Gafford damn sure is a force inside that opinion is uninformed or stupid.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: labb on December 09, 2017, 09:21:37 pm
Like him or not Joe is that never say die fan...Got to love him.

He sure is and I love the guy. I hate the many on here who constantly bash Arkansas and supported Long over Arkansas. Funny to me all these AD jobs you would hope their AD for a lifetime would get a job????

This site is over run by anti Arkansas people. Joe starts a topic praising the Hogs and you guy who really think you are "realists" come on here to bash him?

Hey you realist..Start a thread and say for realists only and please stay on that thread. Geez..

hawgfan4life

Right now, this is MA's best Arkansas team hands down.  Injuries or other factors will determine how we finish.

Dark Helmet Hog

elksnort

HawgnCorona

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on December 09, 2017, 08:43:24 pm
The fun is back in BWA. It really is..I am going to have to change my opinion of Beard. He is playing smart and looks like a real PG. Even though Macon was off tonight he is a steady player at all times and passed very well and played good defense. I would say Macon still played well.

Jones is really a weapon. And in time Hall is going to be a real player. Just exciting time to be a Razorback fan!

I know...That crowd last night was awesome too. Good show of support last night, a sellout. They made a damn good statement last night.
I'm wondering if CMA and Richie Boy talked about another home and home when they met to shake hands before about 40 sec. left to go in the game? That would be great with me. We are 2-1 against the Goffers in the last 3 meetings.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

jjdlc

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 10, 2017, 05:14:33 am
Who backed off the Hogs? The Usual Suspects? We won some road games last year and we will this year as well. Long season...

There were times last year we looked better on the road than we did at home.  Yes, we are a little less experienced this year, but I really don't think we'll regress that much, we have a very versatile team.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Drop the Mike on December 09, 2017, 09:18:50 pm
Death, taxes, and FCJ complaining about cheating refs! Great game by the Hogs, wire to wire win!

37-13  Minnesota shot 37 free throws almost triple what we shot at BWA!!
Big 10 refs and you complain about Joe complaining? Let me guess you consider yourself a realist? LMAO

Knot2brite

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 10, 2017, 05:14:33 am
Voters in the polls
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

rude1

I agree Joe, just quit disappearing when the team lays a stinker? That game was fun to watch, the building was rocking, the team was playing inspired basketball, and they beat a good Mn. team from tip to horn.

hogginbama

Quote from: rude1 on December 10, 2017, 02:08:57 pm
I agree Joe, just quit disappearing when the team lays a stinker? That game was fun to watch, the building was rocking, the team was playing inspired basketball, and they beat a good Mn. team from tip to horn.

I do find that quite funny. Ole Joe comes on here calling out the "realists" for only being around when the team loses, yet he is no where to be found after a game like Houston. This board and fan-base is so full of hypocrisy that it is maddening.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on December 09, 2017, 08:31:03 pm

Come on Uncle Joe....

Again I think Mike has done a good job with recruiting but you are bragging about the 23rd ranked class in the nation and #6 in the SEC??? 

Your blind love for this coach is ridiculous