Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sharkansas? Blue and white behind the goal?!

Started by hobhog, December 09, 2017, 06:42:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: HogLee15 on December 09, 2017, 10:09:47 pm
I was one of those idiots dressed in a shark suit.  Not the band, just a big group of guys.  It started off with just a few guys wanted to get shark costumes for a game but it grew very quickly.  We actually called the supplier and ordered them in bulk for a discounted rate.  Just wanted to get everyone excited for a very good Arkansas Basketball Team.
Stay off my lawn!   >:(

FATHAWG08

Great to see the students having fun supporting the Hogs.. #rockon !!
I love off season Football!!

elksnort

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 09, 2017, 07:05:41 pm
You must have went to college in the 50's or something. Kids always find a way to do what they want. I knew guys that rented a home during the summer solely off donating plasma.
must have went
Grammar check

Three and Snout

Place was packed, and the crowd was into the game. Best I've seen in years. Good job by the students!

elksnort

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 09, 2017, 11:12:10 pm
Place was packed, and the crowd was into the game. Best I've seen in years. Good job by the students!
it certainly sounded like it

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hollywood_HOGan45

I like it. First time students have done anything exciting for basketball in a while.

WBOBO

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

TomasPistola

Quote from: elksnort on December 09, 2017, 11:11:05 pm
must have went
Grammar check

Your punctuation was awesome. Thanks for your valuable contribution to the thread.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

wooo

I've got a great video of them but don't know how to post it.

TomasPistola

Quote from: wooo on December 10, 2017, 12:33:14 am
I've got a great video of them but don't know how to post it.

Post it to youtube and share the link here. Probably the easiest way.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogimus Prime

I thought it was awesome.  A crazy, enthusiastic student section gets the crowd going.

lynbug

Quote from: ThundrHawg on December 09, 2017, 08:08:01 pm
I was there for the Nolan days and the championship. I can't imagine the suffering these poor SOBs have endured. Let em wear their shark suits and go nuts.
I also can't imagine a student section dressed in blue during the Nolan days.

swineology

Quote from: hobhog on December 09, 2017, 06:42:30 pm
WTH is going on up there. Sellout crazy crowd. Introducing Chad Morris. And then a bunch of student band idiots dressed up as sharks in blue and white?! Looks like Kentucky fans have taken over BWA.....

Don't know, don't care. The Bud was rockin.

Remember the Heath and Pel years?

I member.

hog of steele

I was one of those idiots dressed in a shark suit.  Not the band, just a big group of guys.  It started off with just a few guys wanted to get shark costumes for a game but it grew very quickly.  We actually called the supplier and ordered them in bulk for a discounted rate.  Just wanted to get everyone excited for a very good Arkansas Basketball Team.

Keep it up. Students are supposed to be weird. It was true when I was there. My wife and I literally laughed out loud. Help me out though. Someone was holding a sign with a graph. What was the graph charting?

hobhog

hobhog

Too much like land sharks at Ole Miss.  Keep the Razorbacks in mind when go crazy!

WPS!

sigpooie

Nolan would have thrown their tark praising buts out. Hehehe..
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

RMBMama

I was there and this was AWESOME!  You crazy students keep it up!

hulk hog

Great job students!  That's what college sports is about. #ShArkansas is the kind of thing that can get some national attention if you play it up right. Maybe someone who doesn't like the blue will donate some basketball jerseys to wear over it or order some Red Shark Costumes....
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Science Fiction Greg

Bravo!  Do more awesome stuff.  Any *@)(!#!@ color you want.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 10, 2017, 09:47:04 am
Bravo!  Do more awesome stuff.  Any *@)(!#!@ color you want.

Bingo! Great to see the student turnout and their involvement in the game.
Makes for a great atmosphere. Sharks > Christmas Carols
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

sigpooie

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Pig Power

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 07:16:41 pm
I had a frat brother that would always so those medical lab tests for money. I guess he's fine now (53) but he lost all his hair at 23. I have no idea what drugs he tried out but didn't mind being a guinea pig.
Damn.... Prolly drugs poeple are using everyday...Makes you wonder

RazorSax

Easy to pick out the uptight fans in this thread. The student section gets involved in an entertaining yet supportive fashion and yet many of you have complaints about it. Probably the same people who don't stand up. Good grief. Step outside your comfort zone and let loose occasionally. Some fresh air is always nice. Be supportive of the group of kids who came up with a fun idea which actually cost them a few bucks.

jchill

Quote from: hobhog on December 09, 2017, 07:31:53 pm
Just try to stay Cardinal and White. Arent there sharks that color?

WPS

Agree, the blue and white needs to go. I like the idea, but not the colors.

MasterChiefHog

Thanks! I finally got an answer from someone who knew. Are you all going to be wearing them at other games? If not, and we lose, there will be hell to pay!!!! LOL It was good mo jo for the team.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

RazorSax

Sure, they can try to find a color variant that is more in line with our team.

However, as they ordered these from a distributor with short notice, I'm not entirely sure they had red and white shark costumes available, considering sharks generally aren't red.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: pigmania on December 09, 2017, 07:25:44 pm
Drug use has become rampant on campus.
I was a frosh there in '79 and well, it was the same thing then...well maybe a few different drugs (Rorer 714 was still in production), but that's all...its called having a good time while you can because when you get into the 'real world' one must conform

ad: speaking of drugs and how popular Rorer 714, aka quaaludes were at the time, a guy in our pledge class name was Trey....he dressed up at a Halloween function that we had with the KAT house dressed as a round pill with Rorer 714 out fit around his body thus TREYLUDE, brilliant idea....great days...I left those things alone though...a little fire and brew was enough for me
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

FineAsSwine

The kids spent their own money. For those who don't like the color, chip in and order 100 red and cardinal shark costumes. I hear that the wholesaler is offering volume discounts.

Way to go kids! Please lead us old folks who have forgotten how to be crazy and impulsive in showing our support for YOUR team.
Hogs up! Covid down!

BigBrandonAllenFan

Well, the blue definitely stands out in the crowd.  It worked for a big win.  Carry on students!

Science Fiction Greg

I'm sitting here on my couch literally cracking up laughing at the idea that you guys got together and found a place to buy all these outfits, got a good deal, spent $40 a piece or whatever you said, and then showed up the game with literally a handwritten sign with the word "SHARKANSAS" scrawled on it, waving it around.

hahaha I LOVE IT

I think the last time I saw something so absurdly funny related to Arkansas sports was back when gameday was here for the Tennessee game and someone in the crowd had a sign that said "More Like Awesomesas."
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

hogginbama

Thought it was pretty catchy myself. Instead of complainig, commend them for bringing the excitement. Someone with an alterations shop or two should come up with the pattern, do them in our colors and give to those students. Hell, we here in Hogville could take up a collection to off-set some of the costs.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

HawgWild

Sure beats "Who's he?", "What's that smell?", "Nice hair", etc.

HogLee15

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 10, 2017, 11:13:38 am
Thanks! I finally got an answer from someone who knew. Are you all going to be wearing them at other games? If not, and we lose, there will be hell to pay!!!! LOL It was good mo jo for the team.
We are still trying to find which games work best.  As of now, we are looking at the Oklahoma State game and the A&M game at home.  If anyone has any suggestions we would love to hear them as well. WPS

Iwastherein1969

The long Grey line will never fail our country.

dqhog

Quote from: HogLee15 on December 10, 2017, 02:39:40 pm
We are still trying to find which games work best.  As of now, we are looking at the Oklahoma State game and the A&M game at home.  If anyone has any suggestions we would love to hear them as well. WPS

Keep it up.  It was different, got some attention and seemed like you guys had fun. 

NoogaHog

Quote from: sowmonella on December 09, 2017, 11:13:47 pm
Great job by the Hogs, fans and students.

I think it's funny that the sharkansas shark has missing front teeth.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Razorbackers

clew

Quote from: HawgWild on December 10, 2017, 02:01:10 pm
Sure beats "Who's he?", "What's that smell?", "Nice hair", etc.
LOL.  That was turrible.  Think it was, "Who's she?" tho.  Even during the 90's championship seasons, those signs elicited a bit of a groan from the student section.
Pure as the dawn

Rocket23

Yeah Les Miles was befuddled watching on tv because he couldn't figure out how to pronounce Shark-AR-Kansas!!  He looked at his wife and said, "they must have sharks in Beaver Lake Dorothy.  That is why we didn't see any beavers there this summer."

Wooderson

Go to walmart.  Buy some red fabric dye.  Take one costume and do a test run to see how it turns out.  could ruin it.  Could look awesome.  Just a thought.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

HF#1

At least the students are engaged now. Hasn't been the case for the last 15 years or so.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

zebradynasty

Quote from: HF#1 on December 11, 2017, 03:53:45 pm
At least the students are engaged now. Hasn't been the case for the last 15 years or so.

EXACTLY! The student sections has been DEAD compared to other venues in the SEC...a football conference! Let those kids alone in fact I encourage them to do more silly things!

Wild Bill Hog

Tusker4life

Maybe we can get them red and white shark outfits. We could make a new species "Carcharodon Arkana Rojo" just no towel chewing... LOL..

Quote from: hobhog on December 09, 2017, 07:43:07 pm
Love the enthusiasm. Not so much the colors. But they are there and rootin.

WPS
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

Roadhog82

At first I was confused at the colors, but it does get your attention so maybe it's better that it's blue. I'm just happy to see BWA making some noise again

DeepFreeze

I'm always looking for good luck, and if this helps with that then wear them to every game all season.

At least noone we face are named the sharks, not many teams are.

That building has needed some energy for a while now.

mhuff

Obviously it was a color that made the FT shooters sick to their stomachs seeing Kentucky blue ,and it made the Minnesota players sick resulting in a huge amount of missed FT's.   Sheer genious. Do it again rally sharks.