Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sharkansas? Blue and white behind the goal?!

Started by hobhog, December 09, 2017, 06:42:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

WTH is going on up there. Sellout crazy crowd. Introducing Chad Morris. And then a bunch of student band idiots dressed up as sharks in blue and white?! Looks like Kentucky fans have taken over BWA.....

TomasPistola

Team is kicking ass, crowd is into the game, etc. Complains about students having a good time.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 09, 2017, 06:45:23 pm
Team is kicking ass, crowd is into the game, etc. Complains about students having a good time.
Nope. I logged in to find out why they were dressed like that as well and still haven't found an answer.
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

TomasPistola

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 06:58:17 pm
Nope. I logged in to find out why they were dressed like that as well and still haven't found an answer.

It's college. Some things are just college kids being college kids. Why does it matter?
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 06:58:17 pm

BTW, my major complaint with the post was calling our students idiots and Kentucky fans.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Science Fiction Greg

They are dressing that way because someone orchestrated it and is a genius.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 09, 2017, 06:59:01 pm
It's college. Some things are just college kids being college kids. Why does it matter?
Wife: Honey, why are they wearing shark outfits? Even the mascot has it on.
Me: I dunno honey, I'll log in to Hogville and find out.

So I'll just tell her starving college kids went and rented, bought, or made a bunch of blue shark outfits for this game. No rhyme or reason.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

TomasPistola

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 07:03:48 pm

So I'll just tell her starving college kids went and rented, bought, or made a bunch of blue shark outfits for this game. No rhyme or reason.

You must have went to college in the 50's or something. Kids always find a way to do what they want. I knew guys that rented a home during the summer solely off donating plasma.
You were right.
You did a great job.

a0ashle

MasterChiefHog

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: a0ashle on December 09, 2017, 07:06:15 pm
Left Shark, google it..
Oh good lawd...I have to tell her we're doing something because of Katy Perry?

SPAL

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: TomasPistola on December 09, 2017, 07:05:41 pm
You must have went to college in the 50's or something. Kids always find a way to do what they want. I knew guys that rented a home during the summer solely off donating plasma.
That would be painting your body red with some friends and H O G S letters across your chest. I get that. The blue shark outfit, well, I didn't have an answer for her on that one.

a0ashle

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 07:08:21 pm
Oh good lawd...I have to tell her we're doing something because of Katy Perry?

Hey it was well organized and executed which is impressive. I think they should do a different pop culture reference every week, be known for something as a student section.

TomasPistola

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 07:10:29 pm
That would be painting your body red with some friends and H O G S letters across your chest. I get that. The blue shark outfit, well, I didn't have an answer for her on that one.

No worries. :)
You were right.
You did a great job.

MasterChiefHog

I had a frat brother that would always so those medical lab tests for money. I guess he's fine now (53) but he lost all his hair at 23. I have no idea what drugs he tried out but didn't mind being a guinea pig.

gbaurnett

MasterChiefHog

Just read the thread to her. I told her "baby, this is the best we're gonna get on your question."

However the game is awesome!

pigmania

Quote from: hobhog on December 09, 2017, 06:42:30 pm
WTH is going on up there. Sellout crazy crowd. Introducing Chad Morris. And then a bunch of student band idiots dressed up as sharks in blue and white?! Looks like Kentucky fans have taken over BWA.....
Drug use has become rampant on campus.

MissippHog

Who cares why they did it, I think it's hilarious.

hobhog

Just try to stay Cardinal and White. Arent there sharks that color?

WPS

swinesight 20/20

Not sure why, but I'll donate to make em cardinal and red.

popcornhog

I think they are "hammerhead sharks" to say "hammer down."
WPS

hobhog

Love the enthusiasm. Not so much the colors. But they are there and rootin.

WPS

From Tusk Till Dawn

Its kinda like getting rick rolled, pretty funny!

jgphillips3

If the students are enthused enough to be excited and having fun at a game in one of our two major sports I don't care what they wear.  It's been too long...

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

alohawg

Quote from: hobhog on December 09, 2017, 07:43:07 pm
Love the enthusiasm. Not so much the colors. But they are there and rootin.

WPS

Shoulda made 'em red and white.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

a0ashle

Quote from: alohawg on December 09, 2017, 08:03:18 pm

Shoulda made 'em red and white.

Left Shark is a common costume and is blue/white... it would have been next to impossible to find a red/white one... if they were playing a blue team, I would be 100% behind you guys on this one... otherwise, let them have fun because when the students are having fun BWA is rocking...

ThundrHawg

Quote from: rzrbk4life on December 09, 2017, 07:54:54 pm
Let the kids have fun

I was there for the Nolan days and the championship. I can't imagine the suffering these poor SOBs have endured. Let em wear their shark suits and go nuts.

alohawg

Quote from: a0ashle on December 09, 2017, 08:05:36 pm
Left Shark is a common costume and is blue/white... it would have been next to impossible to find a red/white one... if they were playing a blue team, I would be 100% behind you guys on this one... otherwise, let them have fun because when the students are having fun BWA is rocking...

Got it, not familiar with all that.....thought the sharkansas was creative tho.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

razCzar

Long as 'ham' is in it, I guess it'll do... better than nothing.
Guess it's their way to HAM it up.
Also like the shARKANSAS play on words.

hobhog

They are obviously very enthusiastic. Love t.

More Hog motif would be great too.

BigoBoys

The NewEra

Quote from: BigoBoys on December 09, 2017, 08:27:53 pm
Would have been better in red/white

I logged on here to find out what it was all about too.  I'm all for the kids having fun and creating something new, but the colors sure looked out of place on t.v.  If that's what it takes to get them involved then so be it.  I hope they can be a little more creative in the future and match the team colors and mascot.

porkbellys

dont know if its been said but arkansharks would be better? No? They could where a pirates hat too!
No offence to Richard but don't be a Dick.

hogzfan24

Quote from: The NewEra on December 09, 2017, 09:34:09 pm
I logged on here to find out what it was all about too.  I'm all for the kids having fun and creating something new, but the colors sure looked out of place on t.v.  If that's what it takes to get them involved then so be it.  I hope they can be a little more creative in the future and match the team colors and mascot.

So... Don't you mean less creative? Absurdity is the whole gag and the blue stands out like a sore thumb. I think it was well done.

hogboarder

Have no idea. Not a fan but I'm sure the kids are having fun. Be original! We make fun of landsharks but this is cool?

HogLee15

Quote from: hobhog on December 09, 2017, 06:42:30 pm

I was one of those idiots dressed in a shark suit.  Not the band, just a big group of guys.  It started off with just a few guys wanted to get shark costumes for a game but it grew very quickly.  We actually called the supplier and ordered them in bulk for a discounted rate.  Just wanted to get everyone excited for a very good Arkansas Basketball Team. 

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Per dudley: So the deal on the sharks - some student fans got an idea to get the costumes. It ballooned and grew to 80 people with the costumes being $36 each with the mass buying. Wanted to make it Sharkansas.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HogLee15 on December 09, 2017, 10:09:47 pm
I was one of those idiots dressed in a shark suit.  Not the band, just a big group of guys.  It started off with just a few guys wanted to get shark costumes for a game but it grew very quickly.  We actually called the supplier and ordered them in bulk for a discounted rate.  Just wanted to get everyone excited for a very good Arkansas Basketball Team.

Good work!

Keep it going!

Donny2665

Quote from: MasterChiefHog on December 09, 2017, 07:03:48 pm

That's about the same conversation me and my wife were having.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Donny2665

Thanks for the explanation and I don't think you guys were idiots. Some people on here Are just rude haters! Glad you guys had fun!!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

PORKULATOR

good job
You guys were awesome
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

AugustaHog

Glad to see BWA rockin'.  Whatever gets ppl into it is good by me.  Keep pushing and it will be a nightmare for any team to play in our house.

Hogsfan1981

I thought it was awesome! Only thing I hate is an empty student section. Keep up the great work!

You're only old when you forget what it was like to be young.

I thought Sharkansas explained it well enough...it was fun.

micali

At first glance I thought KY fans had envaded BWA.  I only saw it for a brief second and had no clue they where sharks. Odd color scheme but nicely done. Glad to hear that place rocking.