Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, April 27, 2017, 11:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

FineAsSwine

Have we ever been projected to be in the tournament under Mike Anderson this early in the season?
Hogs up! Covid down!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 01, 2017, 08:04:29 am
Have we ever been projected to be in the tournament under Mike Anderson this early in the season?
no because we always under appreciated
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

azhog10

bosshog84

If this team keeps on playing like we have, we will not be an 8 seed this year!

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Adam Stokes

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Updated with 25 brackets since our Uconn win. Average has us at a 6 seed.

Razorod

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 02, 2017, 01:39:43 am

Updated with 25 brackets since our Uconn win. Average has us at a 6 seed.
It would be nice to stay at this level throughout the season.

Big game tonight. Chance for a road win which will help down the line as well.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

jbcarol

USA Today Bracket

Shelby Mast‏Verified account @BracketWAG
Dec 4

Well folks, it's here, my first in-season bracket, it's a mess, probably wrong, and laughable, but it's now live. Does not include any results from tonight. Starting Jan 1, daily updates. Find something really wrong - shoot me a message.
http://www.bracketwag.com

Razorod

Plenty of time to get off that 8/9 line and move up a bit.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

razorhead94

"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorhead94 on December 07, 2017, 04:49:36 pm
Considering our loss to Houston not bad......
people don't understand that road losses don't hurt you, home losses to Loyola will hurt you Lol
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

NBCSports:

Bracketville‏ @BracketguyDave

Latest Seed List update at Bracketville: Arizona State reaches top line.

25. Texas Tech    26. TCU    27. Louisville    28. Tennessee
29. Northern Iowa    30. Rhode Island    31. Arkansas    32. Minnesota
33. Alabama    34. Oklahoma    35. Nevada    36. NC State
37. SMU    38. Missouri    39. UNLV    40. Maryland

BannerMountainMan

Hogs49ers

Quote from: masondh on December 14, 2017, 11:19:03 am
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/167

Hey!! We would not get UNC until the 3rd rd this year! Moving on up haha!

I would absolutely love this bracket though.  I think our players would too.
SCREW Vandy!

Wisco Pig

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 14, 2017, 11:23:39 am
WV would be very beatable 2nd round! I like it a lot

I'd take a 6 seed at this point.  The thing I don't like about the scenario is that the West Virginia game would be played in Pittsburgh, which is little more than an hour's drive from Morgantown.  The place would be full of Mountaineer fans.

daprospecta

6 seed in the latest espn bracket. We are finally getting some respect.

jbcarol

NBCSports S-Curve

27. Tennessee    28. Northern Iowa
29. Rhode Island    30. Arkansas    31. Minnesota    32. Alabama
33. Texas    34. Oklahoma    35. Nevada    36. NC State
37. SMU    38. Missouri

jbcarol

USA Today Bracket
Last updated 12/18/2017 06:44 AM Central Time

First 4 out - Temple, Auburn, Saint Bonaventure, Georgia

Multi bid conferences - ACC (10), Big 12 (Eight), SEC (Seven), ...

blu

I'd take that - get UNC in the Sweet 16 - just where we want 'em!
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

razorhead94

Hogs up to 5 seed in latest update....which means top 20.  Case and Point:  Rankings don't mean anything

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

hogsanity

Quote from: razorhead94 on December 21, 2017, 02:14:05 pm
Hogs up to 5 seed in latest update....which means top 20.  Case and Point:  Rankings don't mean anything

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

where do you think a 23-8 reg season and at least 1 sect game win gets them?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on December 21, 2017, 02:49:27 pm
where do you think a 23-8 reg season and at least 1 sect game win gets them?

If their RPI and SOS hold up throughout the year, I think it gets them a 5 seed.
Hogs up! Covid down!

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on December 21, 2017, 03:00:44 pm
If their RPI and SOS hold up throughout the year, I think it gets them a 5 seed.

about where a similar record got the portis team, not bad
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Fan701

Quote from: hogsanity on December 21, 2017, 03:04:49 pm
about where a similar record got the portis team, not bad
Yes, not bad.  But I'd be disappointed in that.  This team is better than the Portis/Qualls-led team, more weapons, superior defense.  We have a shot to win the SEC and be a #1 or #2 seed.  This is our big chance.  We've got the players.  We'll need a few breaks, but I think it's possible.  A&M and Kentucky will be the favorites, and there are some dark-horse candidates like Alabama and Tennessee.  Florida gets Egbunu back soon.  Our work is cut out for us.  But why not us this year?  I really think we've got to set our sights on shooting the moon this year.  Win all at home, lose a few tough ones on the road and have one or two clunkers on the road, too, and we can still come in at 13-5 or 14-4, and that might be enough to win it all this year.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Fan701 on December 21, 2017, 03:58:41 pm
Yes, not bad.  But I'd be disappointed in that.  This team is better than the Portis/Qualls-led team, more weapons, superior defense.  We have a shot to win the SEC and be a #1 or #2 seed.  This is our big chance.  We've got the players.  We'll need a few breaks, but I think it's possible.  A&M and Kentucky will be the favorites, and there are some dark-horse candidates like Alabama and Tennessee.  Florida gets Egbunu back soon.  Our work is cut out for us.  But why not us this year?  I really think we've got to set our sights on shooting the moon this year.  Win all at home, lose a few tough ones on the road and have one or two clunkers on the road, too, and we can still come in at 13-5 or 14-4, and that might be enough to win it all this year.
youd be disappointed but we still need a lot of breaks? You confusing me

hogsanity

Quote from: Fan701 on December 21, 2017, 03:58:41 pm

Still too thin on the inside, both physically and in depth. A 5 seed would not be disappointing at all.

razorback1829

Quote from: hogsanity on December 21, 2017, 04:20:16 pm
Still too thin on the inside, both physically and in depth. A 5 seed would not be disappointing at all.

I mean I guess if we were going for the perfect team ever put on the floor haha. I don't think that these things affect nearly as much as perceived. We hit midsession form 3 games ago. We're about to be in a different stratosphere than we have been in a while.. I know it feels weird and wrong.. but it's all right!

rzrbackramsfan

Don't forget that Arlando can be physical..

navyhog24

We're not too thin inside. We're actually kinda thin at the guard position for a big tourney run. Guard depth is more important for an NCAA Tourney run.

Fan701

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 21, 2017, 04:10:57 pm
youd be disappointed but we still need a lot of breaks? You confusing me
Is a "few" breaks, which is what I wrote, the same as a "lot" of breaks, which is what you changed it to?  Whoever wins the SEC this year will have gotten a few breaks.  There is no dominant SEC team this year, IMO.  There are several teams of about the same quality in the league this year, any of them could win it with a few breaks.  We are one of those teams.  If you really think that chance plays no part in the outcome of basketball games, then explain how Wofford beat UNC last night.  Are you going to tell me that the better team won and that Wofford would win every time even if they played one hundred times since chance played no part?  Anyway, yes, I'll be disappointed with a five seed.  I think we're better than that.  We'll see.

Adam Stokes

Updated today:

Hogs range from a 3 seed to a 9, average at a 5.5, or 21 on the s-curve.

jbcarol

USA Today:

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
17h17 hours ago

In case you're really bored and have nothing to do tonight or tomorrow, I posted a new bracket. Merry Christmas everyone, be safe. http://buff.ly/2DJY8om

popcornhog

Quote from: jbcarol on December 25, 2017, 01:16:21 pm
USA Today:

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
17h17 hours ago

In case you're really bored and have nothing to do tonight or tomorrow, I posted a new bracket. Merry Christmas everyone, be safe. http://buff.ly/2DJY8om

Boise would be a cool destination.

Depending what my work schedule is looking like at tourney time, I'm planning on trying to make all of our post season games.
WPS

FineAsSwine

Quote from: popcornhog on December 25, 2017, 01:37:58 pm
Boise would be a cool destination.

Depending what my work schedule is looking like at tourney time, I'm planning on trying to make all of our post season games.

Must be nice to be you. I ain't hatin. Loud and proud. Represent us well.
Hogs up! Covid down!

YtownHog

Moved down to a 6 seed this week by Lunardi.  Funniest thing of it all is we were jumped by Tennessee.  Would it have not been more logical for him to keep us both where we were and adjust after the game Saturday?  I rarely get in the "disrespect" complaint, but man it is getting laughable at this point.  We just continue to beat the breaks off people and it doesn't even matter.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: YtownHog on December 28, 2017, 07:50:00 pm
Moved down to a 6 seed this week by Lunardi.  Funniest thing of it all is we were jumped by Tennessee.  Would it have not been more logical for him to keep us both where we were and adjust after the game Saturday?  I rarely get in the "disrespect" complaint, but man it is getting laughable at this point.  We just continue to beat the breaks off people and it doesn't even matter.
great post!!

jbcarol

Quote from: YtownHog on December 28, 2017, 07:50:00 pm

ESPN Bracket Updated Dec. 28

ChopSooie

That is a death draw. UCLA, Kansas, and North Carolina.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ChopSooie on December 28, 2017, 11:05:29 pm
That is a death draw. UCLA, Kansas, and North Carolina.

Maybe I'm misguided, but nobody really scares me against Arkansas right now.  If Arkansas would've gotten a full day or two of rest they would've bet UNC.

jbcarol

NBCSports:

Bracketville@BracketguyDave
23h23 hours ago

Here's the full bracket update ... and Seed List http://ow.ly/yCUe30hv18m  at Bracketville this morning.

5. Texas AM    6. Xavier    7. West Virginia    8. North Carolina
9. Kansas    10. Purdue    11. Oklahoma    12. Wichita State
13. Gonzaga    14. Seton Hall    15. Virginia    16. Arizona
17. TCU    18. Tennessee    19. Texas Tech    20. Kentucky
21. Miami-FL    22. Cincinnati    23. Arkansas    24. Creighton

Bound to switch up after the OT win over Vols

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hollywood_HOGan45

jbcarol