Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss best recruiters in college football apparently

Started by hollywood hog, November 12, 2015, 02:53:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Will Sammon ‏@WillSammon 16h16 hours ago

Ole Miss' 2017 class is now ranked No. 48 after wide receiver RJ Sneed flips to Baylor.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/821529499116441601

QuoteTyrese Fryfogle, a wide receiver from Georgia County (Lucedale, Miss.) High, committed to Indiana on Tuesday, choosing the Hoosiers over in-state Ole Miss.

https://twitter.com/Ty_Fry3/status/821521049271537664

Dropkick

Wow, losing recruits to Minnesota and Indiana. Money must have really dried up at OM.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/826878477391581185

QuoteGray had a whole host of SEC options to choose from on National Signing Day with a top five that included Auburn, Florida and South Carolina in addition to Ole Miss, where he committed.

All four SEC schools, as well as Florida State and Memphis, the other two schools that factored into his final decision, were barely separated in a lot of aspects for Gray. Ultimately, it came down to comfort with the coaching staff and the family feeling that he got at Ole Miss.

"The family," Gray said. "The school itself, the people that's at the school, the team, they're so open, they treat you like family. The coaching staff is just unbelievable."

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/831292973388353536

QuoteOle Miss went from signing the No. 5 class in the country last year to finishing No. 30 for 2017. You can assign at least a chunk of the blame to the ongoing NCAA investigation.

After all, that's what coach Hugh Freeze did, calling his incoming class 'a penalty, to be under the cloud that we're under.' The Rebels signed three blue-chip prospects during the cycle and finished better than just two SEC schools in the final rankings —

2018 class gives the Rebels a chance to rebound. But as long as the NCAA drags this investigation out, rival schools will be able to use that as a recruiting weapon against the program. Freeze and his staff will have difficulty escaping that shadow. The only way to do that is to show, honestly and truly, that Ole Miss is committed to cleaning up its image.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/840717471527141376

QuoteRecruiting will be made even more challenging this year for Ole Miss, as Hugh Freeze's program copes with the fallout from an offseason scandal for which the Rebels imposed a one-year postseason ban — with other potential NCAA sanctions coming —

Ole Miss joins Missouri as they only two SEC teams that are not yet mentioned in the 247Sports composite rankings.

Ole Miss is still in search of its first hard commit.

Ole Miss was the first Power 5 program to offer 4-star running back Tony St. Julien (Vinton, La.) a scholarship. St. Julien is the No. 13 overall running back coming out of high school and has been clocked at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash, according to 247Sports.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/844723415600762884

QuoteWhen it comes to his recruitment, it's a family divided for Tupelo's senior linebacker Jett Johnson. His mother is a graduate of Ole Miss, his father, Mississippi State. Both schools are the frontrunners in Johnson's recruitment process.

Growing up Johnson remembers making the drive from Tupelo out to Starkville with his dad —

Although his childhood was spent in Starkville, Johnson is being careful not to allow that to influence his choice. The biggest impact on his decision are the "top three factors" —

Whether Johnson suits up in Rebel red or Bulldog maroon in 2018, it's a decision he's thankful to have.

"Growing up watching these guys and now having the opportunity to go play SEC football is a surreal feeling and definitely a blessing," Johnson said.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/858495162707832832

QuoteRebels landed their first commitment of the 2018 cycle in defensive tackle Quentin Bivens.

Bivens is unranked in the 247Sports Composite rankings and hails from Wayne County, Mississippi.

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/858490247054856192

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/868947439545454593

https://twitter.com/coachmcgowens18/status/868939197033394177

QuoteDemarcus Gregory, a 3-star wide receiver in the Class of 2018 from Byrnes in Duncan, S.C., committed to Mississippi...

Byrnes also had offers from other SEC schools including Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, and his home state school, South Carolina.

Gregory becomes the fifth commitment for Ole Miss' 2018 recruiting class.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/888207137893003264

Quote"I don't know if anything is going to change," Hess, a defensive bacak [sic] at Vestavia Hills, said of his commitment to Ole Miss football. "For now, I'm going to stay focused, still honor my commitment. Keep working hard and keep praying about everything."

Hess was recruited at Ole Miss by Bradley Dale Peveto, Ole Miss assistant football coach/linebackers and special teams.

Hess is ranked No. 43 on the 247Sports composite rankings of the Class of 2018 in the state of Alabama. He's also one of two Birmingham-area high school football players committed to Ole Miss football. The other is Huffman defensive lineman Allen Love.

Ironically, Hess and his parents traveled to Oxford, Mississippi, last weekend for an official visit. His parents met Freeze in person for the first time and toured the facilities. They liked it.

jbcarol

Annie Costabile‏ @AnnieCostabile 11h11 hours ago

Have already heard from multiple HS coaches who say Freeze's resignation changes things for their players. Decommitments expected.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/WillSammon/status/891396959096983553

Will Sammon‏Verified account @WillSammon 17h17 hours ago

some interesting quotes in here from MSU commits, uncommitted MS guys. "That changed everything" (w @AnnieCostabile)

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on September 09, 2017, 11:12:49 am
Jacquez Jones‏ @ESPN_Jac

Happy Birthday Mom.....I have decided to commit to.....

Ole Miss

Antonio Morales‏Verified account @AntonioCMorales 23h23 hours ago

Antonio Morales Retweeted Jacquez Jones

Ole Miss picks up an out-of-state linebacker commitment

jbcarol

Yancy Porter‏ @YancyPorter 7h7 hours ago

Yancy Porter Retweeted Ty'LandriaNorthern

♠️

Sister of N' West CC defensive tackle Hal Northern @SavageSeason9 says her big brother just committed to #OleMiss.

https://247sports.com/player/hal-northern-46046664

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Internet is stunned by Matt Corral's flip from Florida to Ole Miss

QuoteMatt Corral is one of the top quarterback prospects in the 2017 recruiting class. He had been committed to Florida since July. But on Thursday night, he made a stunning move and flipped his commitment to the Ole Miss Rebels of all teams.

Corral is the No. 60 player in the country and is now Ole Miss' top commit. This is a huge win for Matt Luke and his staff, just days after losing quarterback Shea Patterson. As for Florida, Corral was the Gators highest-rated commitment.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jackflash

jbcarol

Annie Costabile‏Verified account @AnnieCostabile

Four months ago @ealy_1k said he hadn't even begun to think about recruiting or where he'd commit. Friday afternoon the dual-sport star gave his verbal to the Rebels to play both football & baseball.

"It just felt right."

QuoteFour months ago, recruiting wasn't even on Jerrion Ealy's radar. Then, at the start of his junior season, he was focused on leading Jackson Prep to its sixth-straight state championship.

On Friday afternoon, a month after winning that latest state title, the time came to worry about what's next. Ealy knew it was the right time for that, and the right place for him was Ole Miss. He verbally committed to the school to play both football and baseball.

"They were the first school to ever offer me," Ealy said. (Ole Miss assistant coach Derrick) Nix came up to school today and I told him, 'I'm a Rebel.'

The junior two-way star athlete is a four-star prospect in football, the No. 90 overall player in the class of 2019 and No. 4 in Mississippi. In baseball, he's the No. 7 prospect in the country according to Perfect Game, and the No. 2 outfielder.

Ealy received his first offer to play baseball when he was just 14 years old.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

4-star QB Matt Corral not answering to those who criticize his signing with Ole Miss

QuoteMatt Corral surprised many when he decided to sign with Ole Miss in December. Corral had been committed to Southern Cal then Florida before his surprise pledge to the Rebels on Dec. 15 and official signing on Dec. 20. That ended what had been a long recruiting process for the 4-star and No. 61 overall player in the 2018 class...

Why sign with Ole Miss when the Rebels were just slapped with NCAA sanctions and coming off a 6-6 season?

"I don't even have to explain myself," he said. "People just don't even know the half of it, really..."

Corral plans to do everything he can to get on the field immediately.

"It's a perfect situation. It's what I wanted. I'm going to give it all I've got. If I have to, I'll learn under Ta'amu or whoever the starter is. Hopefully it's me, but if not I'll keep pushing them like they'll keep pushing me."

jbcarol

Rebels247David
‏ @Rebels247
18h18 hours ago

Grant Tisdale Says Recent Visit, Former Allen High Teammares Pushed Him Into #OleMiss Commit Column Today (FREE) https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Ole-Miss-Lands-Four-Star-QB-Grant-Tisdales-Commitment-117082715 ... via @247Sports #HottyToddy

QuoteOle Miss picked up a huge commitment on Friday when four-star Allen, Texas, quarterback Grant Tisdale pulled the trigger to the Rebels.

Tisdale is rated as the nation's No. 8 dual-threat quarterback.

6-1, 204-pounder is coming off a three-day unofficial visit to Ole Miss last weekend in which he was accompanied by his parents and grandfather.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

Ole Miss recruiting: Rebels land second commitment of the day, pick up commitment from 4-star Diwun Black

QuoteOle Miss wrapped up its spring game on Saturday. Then it got to work on recruiting and landed not one, but two commitments. The second was 4-star prospect Diwun Black.

Black announced his commitment to Ole Miss on Saturday night via Twitter, just hours after coach Matt Luke and company landed a commitment from 3-star safety Braxton Ragland.

Landing Black is a big win for Luke, given that a month ago the prospect backed off his pledge to Mississippi State. Black is the No. 69 recruit in the 2019 class and the No. 3 player in Mississippi. Black is from Forest, Miss., and also had offers from Florida, Tennessee and USC.

He is listed at 6-foot-3, 205 pounds. He is the highest-rated player to commit to Ole Miss for its 2019 class and the second-highest recruit Luke has landed. Only 2018 quarterback Matt Corral was rated higher.

With the addition of Black, the Rebels have 13 commitments in the 2019 class, with Black being the third 4-star prospect. Ole Miss has the No. 2 overall class in the country, behind Georgia...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell
‏ @Michael_Carvell

Ole Miss continues recruiting success by landing in-state linebacker Ashanti Cistrunk

Quote3-star linebacker Ashanti Cistrunk has committed to Ole Miss. This is the fifth commit that the Rebels have received since Friday.

On Friday, Ole Miss started its successful recruiting weekend by landing 4-star quarterback Grant Tisdale. The Rebels then added 3-star safety Braxton Ragland and 4-star athlete on Diwun Black on Saturday, the same day as their spring game. Ole Miss added 3-star safety Jay Stanley on Sunday.

"I knew after my second trip there that's where I wanted to go," Cistrunk told Yancy Porter of 247sports. "We are all staying home and going to Ole Miss. All of the Mississippians are going to Ole Miss. We have all been talking about it on social media. ... Every day someone new from Mississippi is committing to Ole Miss. We are all going to stick together."

He is the Rebels' 12th commitment in the 2019 class.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

'19 NOLA OG Caleb Etienne gave a verbal to Ole Miss

jbcarol

Pudgepork

They are scraping the bottom of the barrel to sign a 3 star.  Everybody on hogville knows you can't win signing 3 stars

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

Ole Miss Football
‏Verified account@OleMissFB

SIGNED | Welcome to the Ole Miss family @PlumleeJohn! The newest Rebel QB is #MississippiMade! #FutureRebels #NSD19

📰 http://rebs.us/x9NE30nByEp

jbcarol

Parrish Alford
‏@parrishalford
2h2 hours ago

The Lead: #OleMiss and Matt Luke close strong on signing day. https://www.djournal.com/sports/ole-miss-closes-strong-to-meet-needs-round-out-no/article_752d1cf3-b056-50d7-81d3-da1c63470c2a.html ... @DJournalnow

QuoteLuke says the presence of new coordinators Mike MacIntyre (defense) and Rich Rodriguez (offense) had a huge impact on recruits.

jbcarol