Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Detoxing after time away from your routine?

Started by Coondog Hog, August 22, 2013, 11:12:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coondog Hog

What do you do to cleanse your system after a vacation or break from your normal regiment.  We just had a new baby Monday evening which is awesome, but I spent 3 or 4 days eating like crap and had a 3 day break from running and my sleep may never be the same again.  Today I feel bloated and yuck ran a short run and could feel the junk in my system.  Any purge suggestions for someone new to living more fit? I got my food intake back on the right track today hooding that pays off in a day or two.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

H&D

It's called living "North of Vag" and you're not doing with this post.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

hvsupastar

If you got a juicer you could do a 48 hour juice fast. Then land back on your feet running day 3
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Coondog Hog

Quote from: H&D on August 22, 2013, 11:37:54 pm
It's called living "North of Vag" and you're not doing with this post.

Nice +1 if I could.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

H&D

Quote from: Coondog Hog on August 23, 2013, 05:50:09 am
Nice +1 if I could.

I'm glad to see someone around here can take a joke.  I saw an A.M. / P.M. cleanse are Walgreens.  It was in bottles about the size of a five hour energy.  I might be worth a try.  If you have access to one, just hit the ole steam room. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

DadVader1

Congrats on the new baby!  I just got my baby off to college on Tuesday and became an empty nester.  You've probably heard it several times, but ... your lives are about to change!  There's a decent chance that you'll be sleep-deprived for weeks, if not a few months, so I'm not so sure that a one-time detox is going to be much help.  I'd do like H&D said, hit the steam room, and go for another run.  Really though, you're probably about to go through a learning curve as "life" gets in the way of your workouts for awhile.  That happens from time to time over the years and sometimes means that you have to work your way back up to living North of Vag.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: DadVader1 on August 23, 2013, 10:06:54 am
Congrats on the new baby!  I just got my baby off to college on Tuesday and became an empty nester.  You've probably heard it several times, but ... your lives are about to change!  There's a decent chance that you'll be sleep-deprived for weeks, if not a few months, so I'm not so sure that a one-time detox is going to be much help.  I'd do like H&D said, hit the steam room, and go for another run.  Really though, you're probably about to go through a learning curve as "life" gets in the way of your workouts for awhile.  That happens from time to time over the years and sometimes means that you have to work your way back up to living North of Vag.

I agree with most of this although somewhat disagree with the last.

My little boy just turned a year old and there've definitely been some adjustments in training and life in general but I still live "north of vag" and have the whole time.

The only difference is that everything has to be prioritized and the time you have to train has to be maximized since there is less of it. I admittedly can't train 5-6 days a week like I used to and right now am only hitting the weights twice a week and running hills twice due to the baby and getting our house ready to go on the market but when I have the time it's full bore take no prisoners effort to make up for the lesser frequency.

Yeah I'm running on less sleep, yeah my diet has suffered a bit, and yeah my training time has been cut in half but I'm actually stronger and bigger than I've been in years because I maximize the time I do have to train and make it a priority to stay "north of vag".

Anyway to the OP just remember to make it a priority and maximize your training time and you'll be fine and I second the sauna/steam room as well as lots of water to flush out those toxins.

Oh and congrats on the new baby it's well worth any training time missed!

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

DadVader1

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on August 23, 2013, 12:16:18 pm
Oh and congrats on the new baby it's well worth any training time missed!

And I think Hogsmo and I agree more than we disagree.  I just didn't state it very clearly or artfully.  I didn't mean to suggest giving up your workouts completely - really more just to do like Hogsmo says and accept that from time to time other things with higher priorities will cut into your workout time. Over the years, I've gone from highly trained to below average during a lengthy and all-consuming custody battle that was absolutely my top priority;  I've gone from highly trained to below average during a job transition that had me working both full-time jobs at the same time; and I've gone from highly trained back to ground zero after an injury or two.  Staying North is always a priority, but it's probably never going to be your top priority now that you have a baby, so you just have to do the best you can with the time and priorities that you have to keep all the balls in the air.  And the baby is absolutely worth any training time missed!

Coondog Hog

- Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Lando Calrissian

I went on vacation 3 weeks ago and still haven't been able to give up the lifestyle. 

I normally go on 2,000 calories a day...I'm still in vacation mode 3500 a day.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.