Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brett Eibner

Started by TikiHog, April 09, 2013, 01:19:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TikiHog

0-20  10K's   looks like he's not long for Double A ball...0-4 4k's tonight

pigture perfect

It's time to go back to pitching.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DZ

Naturals GM said on the radio it was basically his defense that has got him this far, he's going to get a chance to get his bat going here.. Besides I think they're betting on the publicity of having a former hog sell a few more tickets.. Not making any predictions but their season started 5-6 days ago. Its early.

jry04

Quote from: DZ on April 09, 2013, 07:11:51 am
Naturals GM said on the radio it was basically his defense that has got him this far, he's going to get a chance to get his bat going here.. Besides I think they're betting on the publicity of having a former hog sell a few more tickets.. Not making any predictions but their season started 5-6 days ago. Its early.
The minors do not work like the majors. The players side and the entertainment side are not the same. Edelstein doesn't have a say in who they put on the field. While he will market Eibner as much as possible to the Arkansas fans, he does not have a say in how long they keep him here.

DZ

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2013, 08:45:13 am
The minors do not work like the majors. The players side and the entertainment side are not the same. Edelstein doesn't have a say in who they put on the field. While he will market Eibner as much as possible to the Arkansas fans, he does not have a say in how long they keep him here.
the head coach barely has a say as well.

booogaga

The two post above are why it must be so frustrating to be a coach for any minor league team. At the drop of a hat some dude in a different city can yank up your players at any time. I am not saying it is a good or bad thing. Just has to be difficult.
GO HOGS!

bsking

Brett isn't talented enough to play at that level.  Sad to say but it's true.

And his defense isn't that good either.  He's a great athlete but he isn't a great center fielder.

He'll be on the mound next season at the latest, probably in Kane County.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: bsking on April 09, 2013, 09:39:37 am
Brett isn't talented enough to play at that level.  Sad to say but it's true.

And his defense isn't that good either.  He's a great athlete but he isn't a great center fielder.

He'll be on the mound next season at the latest, probably in Kane County.

bsking,

I see that Brett was drafted in the 4th round out of high school and 2nd out of college.  Do you know if he was drafted as a pitcher out of high school?

Pardon my ignorance, but which team plays in Kane County - I don't see any of the Royals affiliates in Illinois.

-phil

dotnet

I was drafted as a Pitcher out of high school

BigSexyHog

Still my favorite baseball hog...  Hopefully he can make a good solid run at it...
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

bsking

Quote from: PhilB on April 09, 2013, 09:59:14 am
bsking,

I see that Brett was drafted in the 4th round out of high school and 2nd out of college.  Do you know if he was drafted as a pitcher out of high school?

Pardon my ignorance, but which team plays in Kane County - I don't see any of the Royals affiliates in Illinois.

-phil

He was drafted as a hitter.  The Royals are one of the only organizations to allow him to do that, most thought he only projected as a pitcher.  And about Kane County, that was my passive way of saying he may get cut.

Suidae Suis Scrofa

Quote from: bsking on April 09, 2013, 02:04:44 pm
And about Kane County, that was my passive way of saying he may get cut.

Oh, got it  :).  If he does get the axe, maybe we'll see him down here on the Sugar Land Skeeters - at least he'd be playing close to home.   Between washed up big leaguers who can't get the hint and guys looking for one last chance the Skeeters roster is in constant flux.  Last season we had two players from the same family - one from each of those groups (washed up big leaguers and last chancers) - the Clemens family.

-phil

hogman64

I didnt think he ever had a chance as a hitter, i hope he can make it as a pitcher... his swing and Fico's swing are similar, long and looping takes forever to get to the plate so they get fooled alot, neither unless  the swing changes will ever be able to hit big league pitching......Eibner was a  really good college player and we were lucky he played for the Hogs...

FaytownHog

Quote from: booogaga on April 09, 2013, 09:38:41 am
The two post above are why it must be so frustrating to be a coach for any minor league team. At the drop of a hat some dude in a different city can yank up your players at any time. I am not saying it is a good or bad thing. Just has to be difficult.
That's why I can't get into the Naturals or any minor league team really (maybe if it were the Cardinals minors) but when the game's main goal isn't to win at all cost, it's pointless for me to go and watch or be a fan of a team. Who cares if they win. It's about development. Maybe if I had a kid to take to a game or something I'd feel differently but I can only give an opinion from my point of view.

yraciv

Quote from: bsking on April 09, 2013, 02:04:44 pm
He was drafted as a hitter.  The Royals are one of the only organizations to allow him to do that, most thought he only projected as a pitcher.  And about Kane County, that was my passive way of saying he may get cut.

Or your way of saying you forgot Kane County is no longer a Royals affiliate and thought he'd have to start all over again in A Ball? Just checking!

yraciv

Quote from: FaytownHog on April 09, 2013, 06:06:38 pm
That's why I can't get into the Naturals or any minor league team really (maybe if it were the Cardinals minors) but when the game's main goal isn't to win at all cost, it's pointless for me to go and watch or be a fan of a team. Who cares if they win. It's about development. Maybe if I had a kid to take to a game or something I'd feel differently but I can only give an opinion from my point of view.

Minor league ball ain't for everybody.  I enjoy it for the fact I can say man I saw that guy before he made it, and it is a stepup from college ball, but the competitive aspect certainly isn't there and it's hard to get excited when you play the same team every other weekend.

FaytownHog

Quote from: yraciv on April 09, 2013, 06:16:48 pm
Minor league ball ain't for everybody.  I enjoy it for the fact I can say man I saw that guy before he made it, and it is a stepup from college ball, but the competitive aspect certainly isn't there and it's hard to get excited when you play the same team every other weekend.
I can get that. I never watch the Royals unless they play the Cards though so that doesn't help me for the Naturals. I might go to a game once the Hogs are done playing and there's nothing else happening sports wise.

bsking

Quote from: yraciv on April 09, 2013, 06:11:28 pm
Or your way of saying you forgot Kane County is no longer a Royals affiliate and thought he'd have to start all over again in A Ball? Just checking!

Pretty sure I'm up on Royals affiliates.

yraciv

Quote from: bsking on April 09, 2013, 10:08:15 pm
Pretty sure I'm up on Royals affiliates.

So you think he's about to get cut and get picked up by the Cubs?  Just seems strange you pick a Cubs, A affiliate for him to resurface at, and 5 games into the season.

pigture perfect

Eibner should have been drafted my a Sr Circuit team. He could pitch and hit occaisonally.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

bsking

Quote from: yraciv on April 09, 2013, 11:12:01 pm
So you think he's about to get cut and get picked up by the Cubs?  Just seems strange you pick a Cubs, A affiliate for him to resurface at, and 5 games into the season.

It's called sarcasm.  I don't think he's going to be cut anytime soon.  In fact, I'd bet a lot of money that he isn't.  But please, continue to teach me about the Royals farm system. 

Kevin

eibner was drafted as a pitcher out of hs.

one of the main reasons he came to arkansas, was dvh said he could be a two way player. the other is his brother was on the golf team.

i would think if you draft a guy in the 2nd round, then you think he is talented.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22